FSB75

Just a few quick "yes or no" questions

Some of these questions may be directly related to either versions, stable or experimental, of the game (ALWAYS official, never a private or modded).  I know I said these questions were "yes or no", but if an answer pertains to only one version, please indicate.

Heli crash sites no longer spawn weapons?

Some weapons only spawn from heli crash sites?

Pretty simple.  The reason I ask is equally simple.  Since playing standalone, I've never found the following:  M4A1, MP5, AKM, AK101, FN FAL, SVD, Stery AUG, or a VSS.  When I say "never" I mean never.  It's not like well, this one time I did find X weapon, but no ammo.  No, I mean never even seen. Ever.

So here are the conditions for my attempts.  Well, in real life, I'm a 3rd shift truck driver.  So playing from 6 PM - 8 AM on Sat. - Sun. isn't that uncommon.  I actively seek low populated servers, at night.  I've played on both stable and experimental (currently active on experimental).  I go to all known military spawns, nothing.  I find ammo and attachments....never the actual weapon.  You have to understand that I receive very little, if ANY, player resistance.  I can go 4, 5, 6 days at a time, having never seen another player.  Often time I might as well be playing on a private server.  I grab a car and run from site to site unabated....and yet, nothing.

Can anyone think of any reason why?  I'm starting ot think I have a corrupted version of the game.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  I only kept my "profile" files, which I'm starting to doubt I should have kept.  Might be time to wipe it all again, including those files.

1. yes they dont spawn weapons atm

2. no weapons have now military spawns until the problem with crashsites is solved (CLE controll of weapon spawns doesn't work for crashssites)

i suggest you go search tisy military base.

i've seen all weapons exept for the VSS there

• Like 1

I would take HaseDesTodes suggestion and try Tisy. Today at Tisy base I saw an m4 in a conex, an akm on top of the new building by the xmas tree, an ak101 in the tent section and an ak74, and mags for all except the akm. I don't see how reinstalling would help anything as the loot is determined by the CLE which has nothing to do with your client.  Also, I have seen the VSS spawn out there several times too (but unfortunately never with a mag).  As far as I can tell the VSS only spawns atop the tower next to the guard shack at 010/014.  You may also find tactical bacon in the immediate area!

16 hours ago, FSB75 said:

I've never found the following:  a VSS. 

I have found two here sir..

YTS1PmC.png

Edited by serelaw

20 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I would take HaseDesTodes suggestion and try Tisy. Today at Tisy base I saw an m4 in a conex, an akm on top of the new building by the xmas tree, an ak101 in the tent section and an ak74, and mags for all except the akm. I don't see how reinstalling would help anything as the loot is determined by the CLE which has nothing to do with your client.  Also, I have seen the VSS spawn out there several times too (but unfortunately never with a mag).  As far as I can tell the VSS only spawns atop the tower next to the guard shack at 010/014.  You may also find tactical bacon in the immediate area!

I greatly appreciate all the help from everyone who responded.  I have been ALL over Tisy (on experimental) for 3 days.

Bottom line, to be honest, I think my problem is a lack of fundamental understanding as it pertains to loot spawns.  I watched a video by someone named WOBO, "Central Loot Economy Explained | How Loot is Respawned in #DayZ".  It's tough to know if it's out of date, but here's an example of my confusion:

So I'm lugging around this Winchester with a pristine scope and a Ghillie Gun Wrap I made...trying like hell to find some .308 ammo.  At any rate, I spawn in a house...there is some basic loot.  In the distance I see smoke, heli crash, I break off to investigate (nothing good).  Once done with the heli, I go back to the house I spawned in to pick up where I left off.  Now there is no loot in the house.  Okay, it "despawned".  Next house, empty.  Next house, empty.  3 more houses, all empty.  Seriously?  I KNOW I'm playing on experimental, but I see amazing loot all the time when I watch other players on Twitch.  I mean, they pass up the stuff I've looked for days to find.  I ask to make sure.  Is the server private, modded, official.  They say it is official-stable, but I can't confirm.  I'm starting to think the more players in the loot area, the more loot spawns.

Point is, what's the procedure?  Sometimes I go into a house, maybe one loot item, I don't care what it is...then as I run back through the house, more appears.  SO I think that's the key, run into a loot area and wait?  That only works sometimes.  I mean is the loot that's going to spawn already spawned?  Can I cycle the loot like Arma DayZ?  Here's the strangest part...the zombies, disappeared completely.  I snuck away, so it's not like they chased me and are hanging out in the next field.  They were there...then they were gone.

Please please please...get your friends in on this.  Tell me everything about loot spawn, as basic as you may think it might be...even if it is just that basic as, "Go in, loot good, no loot, move on".  I'm missing something big time here man.

I'm seriously starting to think my profile/game is bugged.  My load screen is blue, I can't access my character options, if I start the game with the "Play" option it will CTD, I always have to go to the server browser to get in game, when I quit I always have to Ctrl. Alt. Del.  I recently tried a complete uninstall/reinstall except for the "remainder" files in the DayZ folder, I didn't delete them, and I'm thinking I should have.  SOLVED!  Thank you Just caused.  I had some old launch commands I forgot about.  Removed them, and it's not buggy anymore.  Still got that loot problem though.

Sorry for the book...my work just doesn't allow me a ton of time to play, so when I think of these things, I gotta get them out.  Please help....I don't think my Dayz is like anyone else's DayZ....pretty sure it's jacked.

Edited by FSB75
  • Like 1

I don't believe your DayZ is jacked - it's just a streak of bad luck.  If you're seeing any loot at all (shirts, hats, pants) then you are connected to the hive and you'll be seeing the same loot that everyone else is seeing.

If you're only desire right now is an automatic rifle then you should probably just focus on military installations, forget towns, houses and cars.    I wouldn't waste time milling around in one area either or returning to the same zone repeatedly.  It's a bit dangerous but my advice would be just eat, drink and keep moving between military bases.  Scope them out good, loot them thoroughly and quickly - then get out.  Move on to the next military area.    Eventually you'll find and automatic rifle.  If you did one loop of Myshkino tents, the new tents at the NorthWestern roadblock, Tisy base and Kamensk base and didn't find an automatic rifle I would be very surprised.

Good luck.

10 hours ago, FSB75 said:

I greatly appreciate all the help from everyone who responded.  I have been ALL over Tisy (on experimental) for 3 days.

Bottom line, to be honest, I think my problem is a lack of fundamental understanding as it pertains to loot spawns.  I watched a video by someone named WOBO, "Central Loot Economy Explained | How Loot is Respawned in #DayZ".  It's tough to know if it's out of date, but here's an example of my confusion:

So I'm lugging around this Winchester with a pristine scope and a Ghillie Gun Wrap I made...trying like hell to find some .308 ammo.  At any rate, I spawn in a house...there is some basic loot.  In the distance I see smoke, heli crash, I break off to investigate (nothing good).  Once done with the heli, I go back to the house I spawned in to pick up where I left off.  Now there is no loot in the house.  Okay, it "despawned".  Next house, empty.  Next house, empty.  3 more houses, all empty.  Seriously?  I KNOW I'm playing on experimental, but I see amazing loot all the time when I watch other players on Twitch.  I mean, they pass up the stuff I've looked for days to find.  I ask to make sure.  Is the server private, modded, official.  They say it is official-stable, but I can't confirm.  I'm starting to think the more players in the loot area, the more loot spawns.  This is consistent with our experience.

Point is, what's the procedure?  Sometimes I go into a house, maybe one loot item, I don't care what it is...then as I run back through the house, more appears.  SO I think that's the key, run into a loot area and wait?  That only works sometimes.  I mean is the loot that's going to spawn already spawned?  Can I cycle the loot like Arma DayZ?  Here's the strangest part...the zombies, disappeared completely.  I snuck away, so it's not like they chased me and are hanging out in the next field.  They were there...then they were gone.  Backtracking will increase your chances of finding more loot, slightly.  If you are in a remote northern town, go ahead and run back through it again.

Please please please...get your friends in on this.  Tell me everything about loot spawn, as basic as you may think it might be...even if it is just that basic as, "Go in, loot good, no loot, move on".  I'm missing something big time here man.

I'm seriously starting to think my profile/game is bugged.  My load screen is blue, I can't access my character options, if I start the game with the "Play" option it will CTD, I always have to go to the server browser to get in game, when I quit I always have to Ctrl. Alt. Del.  I recently tried a complete uninstall/reinstall except for the "remainder" files in the DayZ folder, I didn't delete them, and I'm thinking I should have.  SOLVED!  Thank you Just caused.  I had some old launch commands I forgot about.  Removed them, and it's not buggy anymore.  Still got that loot problem though.

Sorry for the book...my work just doesn't allow me a ton of time to play, so when I think of these things, I gotta get them out.  Please help....I don't think my Dayz is like anyone else's DayZ....pretty sure it's jacked.

One of the most important things you could share, is which server you are playing on.  If you are on the Exp. server we are playing on, you won't find much; it's all in our tents.

I'm going to be a bit of a heretic here, because cannon has been VERY clear on this point in the past, while the actual in-game experience has consistently been different.

Hicks has made it abundantly clear that "Loot in player storage and player inventories do not count against the server totals."  This is functionally false.
I have talked to more than a dozen people about this, and everybody has the same experience.  Once you hoover up all the good guns and stick them in your tents, they will not be spawning until someone dies with one.
It is consistent to the point that if I kill myself while holding a FAL the hour before the server restart, and have friends looking at different military bases, there is a 90%+ chance that one of them will find a FAL

This brings me to another point: Server Restarts.
Server restarts will refresh the loot by adding new loot, but often the existing loot that you see before the restart will also remain.  If there is lots of garbage loot at the location you are checking, you can stuff it into an extra backpack, and go dump it out in the woods a few hundred meters away.
Not all server restarts will refresh the loot, sometimes it is just a crash; so you have to know your server reset times.  You can look at the time acceleration in your server browser, but not the restart schedule; you will have to learn this by spending time on the server, or asking a server regular.
All Experimental servers restart at 00:00 and 12:00 UTC.  That is 4 am and 4 pm US pacific time, or 7 and 7 eastern US.

Private servers on stable at this point, especially the full ones, will probably have a strong case of tent-induced hypolootosis.  If you are regularly playing on the same server, and cannot find good loot at Tisy or Kamensk right after a restart, you must redirect your efforts to finding the player camp with all the loot inside.

If you wanna be a massive dickface and throw it all off in the bushes to despawn, that will get the CLE spawning those items again--until they are found and packed away into tents again.

Edited by emuthreat
paragraph structure
  • Like 1