sneakydude

Ok tents?

6F1460CA43B2BF4FE9785D9049A5D79F0AD7DFCF

I thought this shit was fixed? was it to be done in the future or was it something new that got broken?

I don't know tried a ton of locations that where ideal, unless placed on the road it was rather difficult to place this at all.

tents = out

barrels = in?

iirc it was always like this. If I look in the background it seems to me there's too much of a gradient. You need space and relatively flat terrain.

But I prefer barrels anyway, much easier to hide, especially the damaged green ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nl said:

iirc it was always like this. If I look in the background it seems to me there's too much of a gradient. You need space and relatively flat terrain.

But I prefer barrels anyway, much easier to hide, especially the damaged green ones.

Yep but the whole flat parts of the hill i was at could not be placed either. I found the same with even other flat areas on the map.

I know we had issues with this before but i thought i read in a status report that the retaliative positioning was being fixed, and would allow placement of tents and objects on a more slopped hill, or ground.

Meaning that we only have so many places to hide tents, we have usually a group of 3 trees with a flat part protecting the mile view blue tents, and when your not able to place them, they stick out in the wide open flat ground for all to see.

Just thought it was fixed, but i guess not.

Yeah, I think it was always like this. It's part of the reason why I never bother with tents, especially the civilian ones - there are so few places in Chernarus where they are safe (although you can find a few sweet spots if you look for them, both in the North and South).

Obviously, you can pitch your tent IRL on much steeper slopes than in DayZ, but then again, you would be hardly able to sleep there comfortably or maximize storage area, what with everything rolling downwards all the time. Maybe that was the devs' idea, rationale behind it. One way or another, I stick to barrels as they can be made practically invisible. Tents are good for cheap stuff or items you barely ever use.

I thought i did see a status report a while ago about this too, but i guess it never fell through. Do yourself a favor and use barrels :D

Tents are working just fine.  We have stuffed about 80% of the top-tier loot on an experimental server into tents.  Also a few dozen cows and wolves worth of meat.

If we were using barrels to store all this shit, it would be a nightmare trying to find anything.

Long live the mil tent.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Tents are working just fine.  We have stuffed about 80% of the top-tier loot on an experimental server into tents.  Also a few dozen cows and wolves worth of meat.

If we were using barrels to store all this shit, it would be a nightmare trying to find anything.

Long live the mil tent.

Placement isn't working right? the rest might but not placement. Some of the areas i tried to place it was almost flat.

Do you mean pitching the tent with the action key, or the fine placement done through the vicinity area in the inventory tab?  I haven't tried precise object placement in this patch.  I guess I just forgot that it existed.

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Do you mean pitching the tent with the action key, or the fine placement done through the vicinity area in the inventory tab?  I haven't tried precise object placement in this patch.  I guess I just forgot that it existed.

Yeah trying to do action key placement, it just would not for many areas you thought would. ill keep trying but i don't know if it is really ready or not.

(basically F key spamming to place where ever it lands)

Edited by sneakydude

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Does the fine placement help so much? I've always relied to F spamming, too.

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Does the fine placement help so much? I've always relied to F spamming, too.

Going to mess with this, not sure how to do it, but i think its drag it to the inventory and right click on the tent?

On 1/18/2017 at 3:39 PM, sneakydude said:

6F1460CA43B2BF4FE9785D9049A5D79F0AD7DFCF

I thought this shit was fixed? was it to be done in the future or was it something new that got broken?

I don't know tried a ton of locations that where ideal, unless placed on the road it was rather difficult to place this at all.

tents = out

barrels = in?

I had a similar problem just earlier - I could only place a tent in the opposite direction from where I wanted... I had one in the direction I wanted a week ago, I moved it today thinking I could place 2 near the spot facing that same direction but then I couldn't even place the 1st tent back in it's spot. (So no tents to direction I wanted) :P Ended up throwing a tent underground too after multiple attempts and missing that F key.

Edited by dont_ask_me_again
  • Like 1

Ah damn, that sucks. I know something has to be figured out about it, Makes it almost impossible to want one.