Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

No message received, then can't find servers I was just on in list. What gives

Vet Dayz player here.  Can't believe after all this time this game STILL has these issues.  So, I join dayz underground server.  Play for 20 minutes or so, then the "no message received" in red shows up.  First of all, what is this about?  The server restarting?  What is that?

Then I am forced out of the server.  I wait 15 minutes, still cant find the server I was on in the server list.  The server list then only has experimental servers showing with one other non experimental server.  I reset all filters to ensure I could show all servers.  What is that all about?

Why is it so hard to just get into a groove and pick a server and play on it without the 2 issues I mentioned above happening?  What gives?

It's Wednesday. 

They do maintenance every Wednesday and have since the game launched.

Wait until lunchtime at the latest and it'll be back up.

2 hours ago, redmantab said:

Vet Dayz player here.  Can't believe after all this time this game STILL has these issues.  So, I join dayz underground server.  Play for 20 minutes or so, then the "no message received" in red shows up.  First of all, what is this about?  The server restarting?  What is that?

Then I am forced out of the server.  I wait 15 minutes, still cant find the server I was on in the server list.  The server list then only has experimental servers showing with one other non experimental server.  I reset all filters to ensure I could show all servers.  What is that all about?

Why is it so hard to just get into a groove and pick a server and play on it without the 2 issues I mentioned above happening?  What gives?

I find that extremely hard to believe considering they've been doing maintenance EVERY Wednesday for 2 years straight.

• Like 1

Ah, if it's due to maintenance I'm thrilled.  I am a part time player that has actually never really tried to play on Wednesday....so I thought it was wigging out or something.  That's neat you know that it is EVERY wednesday...I play a large pool of games that I rotate and Dayz has been minimal....so I had no idea.

Still, what is the message " no message received" usually about? server restarts?

I'd guess most times it probably is a server restart but something on your own end (like accidentally unplugging your network cable or your own router is acting up) could give the same message.  I think "no message received" is just a generic network disconnection.