Sign in to follow this  
dont_ask_me_again

Spawns relocation question

0.61, The spawns got moved to the east. All the best loot is generally in the North-West with loot roots on the way east and south from there.

Instead of the spawns being east, can they be moved crossways - A line starting from South-West to North East and perhaps the South-East could be like a Tisy (Skalisty Island could be turned into a gold-mine with nice stuff on the way) - The reason being for this is to reduce great lengths of trying to find your friends on the map since you'll then mostly be central when you spawn. Both ends of the map (tisy and skalisty could spawn each a separate very rare item or 2 prolonging the will of living with the character - as you can have a great time playing after reaching both ends of the map.)

Edited by dont_ask_me_again

Anything is possible when we are able to mod, but....

playing it the way it is right now, think about it for a second. Loot, testing, and forcing clients in a direction other then to the auto loot locations.

We have to look at this a completely different way, forcing your clients in a central section of the map, means they are forced to scavage what they can, move west, north to unexplored areas of the world.

Exploration is the biggest thing in this game, plus it reduces the problems with base building, and spawning right on top of the existing location and grieving.

Its important you look at this from a pvper and pver position, hindering one if your shot means you wont return so quickly?? if we do the arma 3 exile thing, you can just simply hit re spawn and pick a location to spawn.

Not good.

8 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Anything is possible when we are able to mod, but....

playing it the way it is right now, think about it for a second. Loot, testing, and forcing clients in a direction other then to the auto loot locations.

We have to look at this a completely different way, forcing your clients in a central section of the map, means they are forced to scavage what they can, move west, north to unexplored areas of the world.

Exploration is the biggest thing in this game, plus it reduces the problems with base building, and spawning right on top of the existing location and grieving.

Its important you look at this from a pvper and pver position, hindering one if your shot means you wont return so quickly?? if we do the arma 3 exile thing, you can just simply hit re spawn and pick a location to spawn.

Not good.

At the same time, let's say you die trying to attack someone's base... you spawn a little closer - you can gear up a tad easier too (then removing the base whereas before it'd have the chance to stay longer as players would just move it onto a new server with the major amount of time).

When I spawn I generally move to center knowing I'm finding a lot of towns clustered together and other people haven't looted them as largely as the coastal cities. There would be enough time to move to the direction you wish to go to :P

Save your easy-mode suggestions for modding.  The devs won't give this even the tiniest bit of credence, because the map changes are almost finished, in terms of placing points of interest and the general "Flow" of the map.

Tisy is the endgame location, which will require hazmat precautions to avoid the contaminated zone.  Get used to it.  Get good at it.  That's vanilla DayZ.

Asking for the spawns to be positioned from Kamenka, to Pulokovo, to Stary Sobor, to Dubrovka, to Krasnostav?  I think I know what you are trying to do.  Save time after each respawn.  How about you just get good at having to respawn less frequently...?

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Save your easy-mode suggestions for modding.  The devs won't give this even the tiniest bit of credence, because the map changes are almost finished, in terms of placing points of interest and the general "Flow" of the map.

Tisy is the endgame location, which will require hazmat precautions to avoid the contaminated zone.  Get used to it.  Get good at it.  That's vanilla DayZ.

Asking for the spawns to be positioned from Kamenka, to Pulokovo, to Stary Sobor, to Dubrovka, to Krasnostav?  I think I know what you are trying to do.  Save time after each respawn.  How about you just get good at having to respawn less frequently...?

Chill your beans... vanilla DayZ (mod)? this has only been a thing since 0.61... I die to bugs mostly because I avoid PvP till I've practiced enough with ranged-weapons... it's the 3rd time I've picked up a M133? shotgun (not pistol grip -I got one) - and a bug stopped my progress... last problem was the 1 frame rate drop and I was near a zombie once it happened just after I lit a fire having a pick-axe out while freezing... Alt F4ed and died still despite I'd have had to make a fire quick as it were. There's equal opportunity so I don't see how this is easy mode. I want to meet up with friends easier.

Edited by dont_ask_me_again

27 minutes ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

Chill your beans... vanilla DayZ (mod)? this has only been a thing since 0.61... I die to bugs mostly because I avoid PvP till I've practiced enough with ranged-weapons... it's the 3rd time I've picked up a M133? shotgun (not pistol grip), I got one - and a bug stopped my progress... last problem was the 1 frame rate drop and I was near a zombie once it happened just after I lit a fire having a pick-axe out while freezing... Alt F4ed and died still despite I'd have had to make a fire quick as it were. There's equal opportunity so I don't see how this is easy mode. I want to meet up with friends easier.

I see what you did there...

No, no no, hell no! I don't even see the reason that this has to be explained.

Probably because you don't have a reason then?

23 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

No, no no, hell no! I don't even see the reason that this has to be explained.

8 hours ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

Probably because you don't have a reason then?

This game is not made for newbies. Either you get skilled in game or you continue to die.

If you want fast-paced combat and PvP, you came to the wrong game. Military gear is end-game, and there's no need to discuss about this since Devs will never change spawn locations from coast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Caused said:

This game is not made for newbies. Either you get skilled in game or you continue to die.

If you want fast-paced combat and PvP, you came to the wrong game. Military gear is end-game, and there's no need to discuss about this since Devs will never change spawn locations from coast.

Look at Steam's purchase page... really not a good idea to encourage devs to ignore those thumbs down.

4 hours ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

Look at Steam's purchase page... really not a good idea to encourage devs to ignore those thumbs down.

What did you expect to happen when development slowed down to accommodate INTEGRATING A NEWLY DESIGNED ENGINE INTO AN EXISTING GAME HALFWAY THROUGH EARLY ACCESS.

Of course the hype and sales will settle down during a long period between major patches.  I'm starting to think that you are being disingenuous when you click that little button each time before playing; the one that says "I understand."

32 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

What did you expect to happen when development slowed down to accommodate INTEGRATING A NEWLY DESIGNED ENGINE INTO AN EXISTING GAME HALFWAY THROUGH EARLY ACCESS.

Of course the hype and sales will settle down during a long period between major patches.  I'm starting to think that you are being disingenuous when you click that little button each time before playing; the one that says "I understand."

Got to love the stupidity of thinking most people around you are stupid yet failing to realise that supporting a mod generally means: improve graphics, improve interface, prevent hacking, remove bugs & add modding support... Not add random content that can be done a mod separately later. Those (the most important factors) weren't of first concern... no wonder people weren't happy. And no, people didn't react with same with other beta's... ie; minecraft... because there was no time-wasting... since they came up with the idea and stayed true to it you can tell it's fine. But when it's a company that's already off it's feet, I suppose it doesn't care as much and is willing to abuse people's time.

6 hours ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

Got to love the stupidity of thinking most people around you are stupid yet failing to realise that supporting a mod generally means: improve graphics, improve interface, prevent hacking, remove bugs & add modding support... Not add random content that can be done a mod separately later. Those (the most important factors) weren't of first concern... no wonder people weren't happy. And no, people didn't react with same with other beta's... ie; minecraft... because there was no time-wasting... since they came up with the idea and stayed true to it you can tell it's fine. But when it's a company that's already off it's feet, I suppose it doesn't care as much and is willing to abuse people's time.

The game had a clear vision from the time it was picked up as standalone.  They did something different here, than what happens in most development processes.  After a year or so into the process, they made the decision that the legacy engine would not be able to support their intended goals, and hence the Enfusion engine was born.
Granted that I can't say it was a great thing for the community having development change engines mid-stream, it is what is happening.  You are having trouble accepting that.  It helps nobody by you lashing out about it here; it mostly just makes you look like a whiny jerk who can't learn to play.

Seriously, if you want to spawn right nest to your friends, go play one of Bohemia's other games that let you do that.  It makes no sense that you bitch about how wrong the game is going, now that it is well on the way to becoming what it was always intended to be.

lol I smell way too much whining going on in here. -- Yo, if you don't like the game, delete it and move on. Don't be a little bitch :) 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Espa said:

lol I smell way too much whining going on in here. -- Yo, if you don't like the game, delete it and move on. Don't be a little bitch :) 

Don't get butt-hurt. If you don't like it, delete your comment and move on. Don't be a little bitch :0

42 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

The game had a clear vision from the time it was picked up as standalone.  They did something different here, than what happens in most development processes.  After a year or so into the process, they made the decision that the legacy engine would not be able to support their intended goals, and hence the Enfusion engine was born.
Granted that I can't say it was a great thing for the community having development change engines mid-stream, it is what is happening.  You are having trouble accepting that.  It helps nobody by you lashing out about it here; it mostly just makes you look like a whiny jerk who can't learn to play.

Seriously, if you want to spawn right nest to your friends, go play one of Bohemia's other games that let you do that.  It makes no sense that you bitch about how wrong the game is going, now that it is well on the way to becoming what it was always intended to be.

Already made a thread somewhere on why I'm not buying another Bohemia game. I'll never buy another one for sure if they don't get their act together. I already suspected all these poor decisions were a marketing tactic to make people purchase Arma 3. This seems like the most legitimate reason why they made such an awful game here. No way am I giving them anymore money. "Be part of the development"... more like get the most whiny babies trying to tell you Bohemia is right despite no one buys the bull. If they want to make money they have to earn it like everyone else and do what they promised. It's their reputation on the line - heck if they put just as much effort as you guys do trying to derail anyone who comes here and did the mod seperately later after - the development would have probably been finished by 2016.

They've moved the spawn points to test whatever voodoo they need data on, as they have done before and they will likely do again.  But relax grasshopper, it's not permanent.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

You just can't... The game has this concept. Most of those comments are either inaccurate or people just find this game boring. It'll stay that way.

Maybe modded servers will have spawns at NWAF, who knows...

10 hours ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

it's also validated by how mods/devs ban people for bringing up other games in forums

For that, i am still here. I post many games, new and old. I have never been threatened by the devs or mods for posting a game in off topic, and why?? they like to play games too.

Bringing false accusations is a serious problem @dont_ask_me_again Get with the game or don't play it, simple. Countless threads on it just doesn't seem right. If you feel like helping make this game strong, then go to Exp, test, and post on bugs and suggestions.

We too have helped mold the game the way we want it to be. I am for one a huge PVP and pve person, and i want it my way. There is nothing wrong with dayz the way it is, i move i adapt, and i make it my game.

If they take the spawns and move them all east, then so be it. West will be a great place to setup base camps then. I am not coming here to cry about it, i ask what is the intention and then offer up a suggestion, but east is a nice place for spawn locations.

The thing that will make dayz feel right, is the character movement changes. I so am looking forward to that, the rest is nice but the fluid movement is what i am after. Arma 3 just doesn't seem right.