cornflakesx

Trees at distance looks TERRIBLE!

Hello guys! I have a issue with my game... The game i love... Recently i started notecing some wierd stuff happening.... Thinks that are 50m or more away from me looks HORRIBLE and its just killing my experience....

Tried switching my settings, nothing worked.

http://imgur.com/a/Cdozu

I believe you need edge smoothing on high to get proper trees. But a lot of things look like crap at a distance. When you look through binos or scopes its like no surfaces renders, everything is just big blocks.

I bet they just added fog and lowered view distance and called it 'new renderer'. Before that, on same settings I could see tree from 300m away looking smoking hot.

If you're near the coast then you'll have fog, but the further you get north, the less fog there is. Also, you can try and change the "alpha to coverage" settings to change their overall appearance.

And keep in mind, just like hrdrok said, that they are in the process of completely re-working the forests.

I know! But its not like other people... trees,bushes are horrible.. other people dont have problem

Turn The alpha to coverage on. If I rem right,  before you can turn that on you need to have anti-alias turned on. 

It looks like the line "preferredObjectViewDistance" in your DayZ cfg is a little on the low side. Try turning it up in increments of 250 by manually editing the line in your config file until FPS becomes a problem or you achieve the visual quality you desire.