Sign in to follow this  
sneakydude

Windows, glass + Gas Canisters

For the first time in a long time i heard glass smashing, and could not kill the infected through the window.

Are all windows open, looking like dirty glass not able to shoot from? some locations i like to use higher, and they have the odd glass window. Is it impossible to shoot from them now?

Edited by sneakydude

Yeah, a while back I couldn't shoot through glass too even if I heard it break

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nl said:

Yeah, a while back I couldn't shoot through glass too even if I heard it break

Is it i wonder just being worked on or are they making it bullet proof so people have to run around outside of buildings. Kinda makes it very difficult if your faced with a 3v1 situation and you need some cover. I can understand AI standing there looking stupid, but that is exactly what they would do, without opening doors.

So why is the glass bulletproof and will it stay this way i wonder?

The windows of the shower barracks are not bulletproof, shot some wolves and a few zeds yesterday through them, together with Emu. They do reduce damage though. I shot a zombie with my silenced 9mm and normally they go down in 1 hit but this one staggered only.

10 minutes ago, IMT said:

The windows of the shower barracks are not bulletproof, shot some wolves and a few zeds yesterday through them, together with Emu. They do reduce damage though. I shot a zombie with my silenced 9mm and normally they go down in 1 hit but this one staggered only.

Any idea how long the gas canisters last for on lamps? if lit up and left on the ground?

Just curious for an event

11 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Any idea how long the gas canisters last for on lamps? if lit up and left on the ground?

Just curious for an event

Hmm, I have no idea. Could be 30 minutes like most of the items or could be longer. I do know that if you stay close to an item it won't despawn.

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Hmm, I have no idea. Could be 30 minutes like most of the items or could be longer. I do know that if you stay close to an item it won't despawn.

Within a range of 300 meters or less? should be people in the area, but if lit up i wonder if it lasts. Unless they have that setup in the sqf files as 5 minutes, out of 50m ranges.

34 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Within a range of 300 meters or less? should be people in the area, but if lit up i wonder if it lasts. Unless they have that setup in the sqf files as 5 minutes, out of 50m ranges.

Oh you mean the gas itself? I thought you meant persistence. That's also a thing I don't know. In the game files it says that the large canister has 450 butane, 220 for medium and 160 for small. The consumption would be 0.05 for the lamp and 0.1 for a cooking. How ever, that does not match up at all. Either you need to divide the butane by 10 or multiply the consumption by 10, that gives me I think accurate results.

That would mean for the lamp:

Large canister: 900 seconds = 15 minutes
Medium canister: 440 seconds = 7 minutes and 20 seconds
Small canister: 320 seconds = 5 minutes and 20 seconds

Cooking:

Large canister: 450 seconds = 7 minutes and 30 seconds = approximately 6 cooking pots
Medium canister: 220 seconds = 3 minutes and 40 seconds = approximately 3 cooking pots
Small canister: 160 seconds = 2 minutes and 40 seconds = approximately 2 cooking pots.

@emuthreat do these numbers match with your experience for the cooking part?

Edited by IMT

I would like to add fences here...I admittedly haven't tried since like .59 but chain link fences were/are bullet proof. Also, the little wooden fences for residential houses used to be bulletproof as well. 

41 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

I would like to add fences here...I admittedly haven't tried since like .59 but chain link fences were/are bullet proof. Also, the little wooden fences for residential houses used to be bulletproof as well. 

Too me it sounds like the hit-boxes are very large. Acting as a solid object. It would take a fair bit of doing to isolate each board post, and the gaps could hit you. The chain link fence would be 100 times harder too.

I do not know if you can manipulate the object tools that BI has to allow splash damage from guns, melee weapons, or throwing objects, through fences. I am inexperienced in each tool, and would not know exactly what the devs have to go by.

I would think that shooting it could put a big hole into it, but hasn't been added the asset to show this.

Would take a team i bet to polish all these features, but makes a hell of a great thing to do for the future.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) any idea if the art, and item dev team have those options? now or later within your engine tools?

Edited by sneakydude