kopo79

Dont wanna make new thread?Use this!

Maybe it would be good to have thread where you can ask or discuss everything...even a little things.
So i start with this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zxml3/dayz_view_distance_demonstration/

http://imgur.com/a/YEf6M
Is this legit?
So if i just go prone in open field in grass,im not sitting duck there?

so,do i need some gasoline on chainsaw?
i tried put it on but nohing happened.no sound

Yes you need gas to run it, but you don't need it running for the chainsaw to knock zombies senseless in one or two hits.

2 hours ago, kopo79 said:

just reading twitter and went on some blog where was sauna modelled by one of the bohemia level desingner
http://senchi3d.blogspot.fi/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00%2B01:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00%2B01:00&max-results=17
can we have sauna on dayz:D...Beer and sauna,classic.

Export > assets

Would be great if they had more time on their hands to do more out of game assets for the game when modding comes around. I love little things like this.

I have a question about (non)persistence to anyone that might know:

1) How long actually do all nonpersistent items last when dropped? Do they differ when it comes to item class (e.g. like backpacks, etc.)?

2) Things like garden plots and fireplaces seem to survive server restart. Does anyone know after what time they disappear? You can't 'store' anything inside fireplaces, can you?

dynamic spawn of infected...Do they spawn near every house?i mean if theres just one house,do infected spawn there?
Cos it feels that theres allways infected near the houses...in my opinion it should not be the case.dynamic spawn should be more random.biggest city and villages should have infected but on some little villages not.
but in other hand,maybe there could be some random infected group spawning on field and after spawn they just wander around towards some city.

also noticed when playing low populated server,game behaves differently.i get hot very easily,i got sprained ankle when infected attacked.on hihgh populated,none of these happened for me.

Edited by kopo79

On 17-1-2017 at 2:08 PM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I have a question about (non)persistence to anyone that might know:

1) How long actually do all nonpersistent items last when dropped? Do they differ when it comes to item class (e.g. like backpacks, etc.)?

2) Things like garden plots and fireplaces seem to survive server restart. Does anyone know after what time they disappear? You can't 'store' anything inside fireplaces, can you?

1) as far as I know most items are persistent for 30 minutes. This means if no player is near the said item on the ground it will despawn. I have no idea if a player which comes near a dropped or spawned item will reset or pause the "timer".

2) Garden plots are peristent for a long time but they might've changed this in a recent patch. For fireplaces I have no idea.

3 hours ago, kopo79 said:

dynamic spawn of infected...Do they spawn near every house?i mean if theres just one house,do infected spawn there?
Cos it feels that theres allways infected near the houses...in my opinion it should not be the case.dynamic spawn should be more random.biggest city and villages should have infected but on some little villages not.
but in other hand,maybe there could be some random infected group spawning on field and after spawn they just wander around towards some city.

also noticed when playing low populated server,game behaves differently.i get hot very easily,i got sprained ankle when infected attacked.on hihgh populated,none of these happened for me.

They can or will spawn near almost every house. In the first build of 0.61 I went to an house north of Nadezdhino I believe which has 1 red house (single floor, double door house with stairs) and there were 2 infected over there. What I noticed is that some parts of a town or city have (almost) no infected and some parts have a lot. I also see a lot of infected off in fields or the woods next to the town or city which is a nice touch as well.

have anyone made fire with hand-drill in real life?how long is the process and what kind of wood you need to achieve fire?
google know the answer i guess but some life to the forums:)...
should the animation in dayz when making fire with hand-drill be longer?....i just would like to matchstick to have more value and maybe also game should have lighters in items.

22 hours ago, kopo79 said:

have anyone made fire with hand-drill in real life?how long is the process and what kind of wood you need to achieve fire?
should the animation in dayz when making fire with hand-drill be longer?....i just would like to matchstick to have more value and maybe also game should have lighters in items.

I've never done it by hand but have with an electric drill for giggles, could get heat fast but took a few tries to the tinder burning. There seemed to be a bit of technique to getting the right pressure from the spinning stick the the fixed block to get it to shoot little embers into the tinder, push too hard it just smokes. I would guess IRL someone with no practice and basic understanding of the process would need half an hour or more the first try and get better as the learned. I've seen a video of someone who had all the stuff ready do it in about a minute or less but they clearly had very dry materials and it wasn't their first try. 

As far as in game from what I've seen it'll probably stay pretty quick and gamey, I'm  a glutton for punishment and would be all for it being hard, time consuming with a high chance of failure and having to try again.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:54 PM, kopo79 said:

I looked at this a lot while I still could play and it appears to be a similar system to the dynamic civilian spawning module in ARMA, player enters area and AI is spawned in proportion to the number of doors in the vicinity.  Example, there's twenty front doors in the town, it spawn approximately say 1 AI for ever 3 doors. In the case of DayZ sa there seems to be a trigger based on sound or maybe the first wave taking damage that trigger similar additional spawns when you start engaging them.

**edit** Played a bit yesterday and noticed infected spawn at the small military checkpoints where no doors (aside from vehicles) are present, if the AI spawn is similar to the ArmA module it has to have either set AI spawnpoints or loot points.    

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

never tried but internet says that you cannot boil the rice ingame?
is it true?i dont wanna search rice for test it cos its too rare

4 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

never tried but internet says that you cannot boil the rice ingame?
is it true?i dont wanna search rice for test it cos its too rare

There's no functional effect when putting the rice bag into the cooking pot with water over heat.

I'm sure the cooking system will eventually be expanded in Beta.

• Like 1

On 11.3.2017 at 5:57 PM, BCBasher said:

**edit** Played a bit yesterday and noticed infected spawn at the small military checkpoints where no doors (aside from vehicles) are present, if the AI spawn is similar to the ArmA module it has to have either set AI spawnpoints or loot points.

I have already tested this. But it is to say that there are many spawn points for AI. ---> logoff in an area where there are many AI-Zed. (I was south of Polesovo, there are few houses, good view). Then log in again, best other server (if you can see after the spawn AI was or is another player in the area). After the spawn of you, you will not see AI, look around and move a few meters. With some luck will see the birth of the AI ... they fall from 1m from the sky. You can repeat this several times and the result is almost always different ... it also takes about 10-60! Sec until you see the first. The detection to the AI spawn are only YOU in the network bubble .. the number seems random, however if you move much more appears also more. I could not say the 2x an AI was in the same place, it feels more like a range (the range is not very large 5-10 meters, in the field it is also not easy to define).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I have already tested this. But it is to say that there are many spawn points for AI. ---> logoff in an area where there are many AI-Zed. (I was south of Polesovo, there are few houses, good view). Then log in again, best other server (if you can see after the spawn AI was or is another player in the area). After the spawn of you, you will not see AI, look around and move a few meters. With some luck will see the birth of the AI ... they fall from 1m from the sky. You can repeat this several times and the result is almost always different ... it also takes about 10-60! Sec until you see the first. The detection to the AI spawn are only YOU in the network bubble .. the number seems random, however if you move much more appears also more. I could not say the 2x an AI was in the same place, it feels more like a range (the range is not very large 5-10 meters, in the field it is also not easy to define).

Yeah, I've repeated that lots of time with my constant "session lost" even seen twice when I got back in and they were sill there, another player in the area.

I've seen a system like this work good but you need a 1-1.5km bubble for it to be visually seamless, they could even cheat if you used a 1km bubble and offset it 2/3 in front of the player but I just don't think the current system can handle anywhere close to that with the amount of players they're shooting for.

I miss the .5Xs when the AI could see really far and didn't drop agro, ever. Junior and I could circle a town noting every infected, set up, 3,2,1, bang the first two simultaneously, than call shot the rest clearing the town. That's not even close to a valid strategy anymore and just plain not fun that I can't plan or coordinate my way through an engagement where I should have the upper hand because of random AI popping in areas that have been cleared..

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 9:47 AM, kopo79 said:

IRL it can be a massive time consumer depending on where you are, and what is around you. 

In the easiest locations, and with all the right tools.. you can probably get a fire going in about 30 mins. or less. 

• Like 1

and another one...is there way that game identify/realize what is self-defence and what is murder?was there in MOD dayz anything like it?
i just thought some suggestion what is related in BANDIT/KOS/DRUGS...but the main problem is maybe that game doesnt know when you are self-defencing or murdering?

and another one....today i was playing dayz and someone know my name in game but i dont tell him my character name....?is there way to check it?

4 hours ago, kopo79 said:

and another one....today i was playing dayz and someone know my name in game but i dont tell him my character name....?is there way to check it?

Check pulse.

Also in regards to knowing if it was self defense or murder, it would just be if they had shot you/damaged you first then killing afterwards would be self defense. Like the rogue system in The Division. Don't really like that idea in dayz though.

On 3/25/2017 at 2:37 PM, kopo79 said:

If they get close enough the can "check pulse" which shows the in game name, that's why some players run up close at first. 

I'm so desperately waiting aircraft. I'm hoping if ground vehicle physics and desync gets sorted this go around that there should be no reason for aircraft not to finally make an appearance!

P.S has anyone heard anything about aircraft since the plane trello teasers?

just give me a bike....i dont think that planes fit in this game....or just some moped...
pappatunturi-c-5-800-x.jpg

8 hours ago, kopo79 said:

i dont think that planes fit in this game...

Don't you worry your little land-locked head about it!

You will be 100% free to toil in the mud and zombie muck throughout the endless spiral of drudgery that lay in store for all ye ant-like dirt-dwellers.

You will be sorting your sweaty pre-owned zombie-underpants one day when you will hear an engine roaring in the distance. As it approaches you will look up and what you will see will make you realize that the majesty of flight and the angelic like grace of planes and helicopters far out stripes the ingloriousness of your soiled and solitary existence.

"Wow, they look like ants from up here."

"They are ants.... THEY ARE ANTS!!!!!!!"

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 2

I am bored as fuck. 

I wish a patch would drop for no reason so I had something to do. :)