Sign in to follow this  
Get_in_the_house_Carl

Sleeping Bags and Carrying the Unconscious

Sleeping Bags

Now that we have tents for camp sites in the game, I believe sleeping bags would be a nice addition. Some functions of the sleeping bag could consist of sleeping and resting, warming up in cold weather,  and healing. The sleeping bags could be placed like a tent or added as an attachment to the tent.

• Sleeping:  This should not be required in the game but optional instead. It could increase your healing speed if you and hydrated and energized. When you sleep you screen would be black as if you are unconscious,. So it would be recommended you be in a group to do this and have someone watching your back. Resting could have the same function but you would not have a black screen. The affects would be drastically slower.
  • Warmth:    Sleeping bags could help with fighting off hypothermia and the quality would depend on your set up. Using just the sleeping bag without a fire or a tent the warming effect would be slow or not at all if it is raining. Tents would help you warm up in rainy weather. Fires could help you if you don't have access to a tent. You could also use warm rocks on your character to boost these affects.
  • Where to find: Sleeping bags could be found at camp grounds, hunting lodges, and deer stands. They can be packed up and would take up possibly 12-15 slots in your bag.

Carrying of Unconscious Players

I find it would be helpful in combat situations to have the ability to carry allies or foes if they are unconscious in order to get them the help in relative safety. Drag or hoist players over you shoulders. Possibly craft stretchers for easier travel.

• Drag/Lift: When you are in a zombie infested town and your pal is knocked unconscious and you don't feel safe enough to preform the proper steps to help him. A drag feature could help in this situation, so you can get your friends to nearby buildings and get them conscious again. When dragging/lifting players your speed is extremely reduced making you an easy target. So make sure you clear the immediate area before doing so.
  • Stretchers: Finding hospital/military grade stretchers could help you carry your group member faster and for longer distances. These could apply for those of whom are unconscious or have a broken leg. You could also craft a stretcher out of four rope leather and two branches but it would take up much room in your bag. Military/Hospital stretchers should be fold-able to take up less room in your bag. But these types would be rare to find and only at military med tents or hospitals. Craftable stretchers would take up 20 slots and the Military/Hospital grade would only take up 12 when packed up.
  • Like 4

A good, fleshed out idea! - However, I am sure that this is most definitely one of the more requested features. In fact, I think about a year ago, I also requested for such things.

If the Devs did include this into the game, that would be wonderful. I am 100% sure that the second part of your post is on the way with the New Player controller, which will hit soon in Beta :)

On a RP level, both of these features would really change up the world in a way that's realistic and fun. Good post! 

In no way should players lose control over their characters. 

Instead, if players log out with a sleeping bag in their inventory, or in a room with some form of bedding, you would instead spawn back in with various stages of "energized".

3 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

In no way should players lose control over their characters. 

Instead, if players log out with a sleeping bag in their inventory, or in a room with some form of bedding, you would instead spawn back in with various stages of "energized".

Then it would be pointless to call it a sleeping bag. I wouldn't mind having some vulnerability added to the game. Like I had suggested, their should be a rest option as well so you don't get the black screen. Sleeping would only be optional, but the best way to heal. So you would really want someone to watch your back. I also don't believe the devs wouldn't want an item that you simply log out with and you are healed or healing afterwards. 

good idea. But! I see there only one sense behind when: a) the sleeping bag max 6slots in the inventory needs and also as a container can be used in the backpack. B) not to sleep but rather to 1) to heat faster and to heal faster (blut / healty / bonesystem). (C) to reduce the effects of disease. (Not healing but relief).

With the fact that one with C) an otion has to wait for help in case of illness or injury the screen should not be black.
I think we are talking about resting / relaxing here and not of "sleeping" in the sense. Therefore, the screen should not become black but rather eternal blurred or sluggish in moving the head

Edited by Sqeezorz

Nice ideas.

A stretcher could maybe also be carried on the right shoulder, taking the place of an axe or whatever melee weapon you carry there.

Within same reasoning as the tents maybe something like a bivy bag could be introduced. Would take up less room in inventory but would offer none to very little storage space when deployed.