Ogek

Ghost Zombies

Interesting Bug. Thought I'd posted this here, but must have forgot!

• Like 1

I posted the following on the Steam forum a couple of days ago.  I must say I'm very curious to find out if you've found how to exorcise the 'Ghost Zombies'

This morning, approaching Novaya Petrovka from the Topolniki side, I spied two zombies and quickly dispatched them with my trusted surpressed Glock. Silence...

*WHACK*

What is this? A zombie has snuck up behind me? Pah! Impossible! 

*WHACK*

I turn round, my gun ready to send this cur on its way. Yet no zombie did I see. 

*WHACK*

I can not hit what I cannot see! What new devilry is this? Have I brought the curses of the Gods down upon me? I summond my spear and prodded arounded me.

*WHACK*

Oh, bugger. I'm bleeding. I must confess at this point I took the cowards way out and legged it. What can I see? What can assist me in my moment of despair? The Novaya apartments! I can climb the ladder to the roof! No zombies can climb ladders (I hope)! 

I ran up the stairs, not stopping to go 'Oooooh! Tents!' The ladder was within my grasp...

*WHACK*

I fly out of the window and plummet to my death on the cold, cruel concrete of Chernarus.

Goodbye, Mr Puggle (my teddy bear). At least, we went together in the end.

TL:DR Invisable zombies, you say? Oh, yes. I've met one.

• Like 1

Haha I like your description :)

Yeah, been talking with a few people about this. Definitely needs more testing to see if it's a valid solution the majority of the time. Not sure if the body would despawn and make the ghost invulnerable, or if the body would stay forever... Will test it a bit more if I get the opportunity!

*Edit - did more testing and proved the above solution again. I've reported it on the feedback tracker and it was acknowledged for patching in the future. :)

Edited by Ogek
update from feedback tracker
  • Like 1

Last post / update on this as it's getting fixed anyway. This video was before the update on the feedback tracker, but helped me prove in my mind there sure is an issue ;)

• Like 1