Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137116

12 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I KNEW IT!  You ruined the whole balance of the collage.

Anyone feel free to take tents since Emu boned the whole thing.  :D

Does Emu bone everything? WTH

That's generally the goal.  Considerable progress has been made.  We had some bone-tastic vehicle interactions the past couple days.  Boned 'em up real good, we did.  If vehicle persistence was enabled, there would be quite a boneyard.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

• Like 1

We assembled a respectable amount of vehicles for testing earlier today.   It took Thurman and me about three hours to get a dozen on-site, then IMT and Brooks logged on and helped us out with a couple more. With about a half-hour left, we started the NWAF rally.

Here's a few pictures of the vehicles before the event began.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
It is notable, that there are SIX V3S chassis models here.  I previously estimated the vehicle count per server to include 5 of each type.  More testing is still needed to determine the exact numbers.  There were a few vehicles that just couldn't sit still and wait until the race began.

In my rush to get things done before the server reset, and took away all the vehicles we were trying to test with, I neglected to fully flesh-out the rules of the rally.  I was mostly just taking a head start on IMT, who had to bandage. HaHa.

The objective was simply for each player to drive one of each type of vehicle, one lap around the outermost route of the airfield, going counterclockwise while staying on the pavement the whole time.  Each lap ends when the player parks their vehicle in the hangar closest to the fire station.  If there were less of any type of vehicle than there were participants, whoever completes their lap with it first, would park it on the side of the tarmac by the ATC for the next player who chooses it for a lap; with the last person completing their lap with that vehicle to be given the responsibility of parking it in the hangar.

It turned out that my haste worked to my disadvantage.  After the first lap, I was unable to get any of the other vehicles to move, as if they were chained to the ground.  I had to log out,  my client crashed, and I was then a lap and a half behind the group.

I thought most of the other things would go without saying.  But such is DayZ.  Thurman and I had memory crashes in about the same place, halfway around the airfield, with my V3S hitting a rock in the process and killing it.  Brooks ran over Thruman as he was attempting to get back in his vehicle, breaking his legs.  IMT rolled along and into his first client crash of the race, and sent his ghost-riding truck on a collision course for where I had just come back from my crash. (This pretty-well confirms that there is a single area on the track now, that has a problem reconciling what sort of things had happened there, and our client just says NOPE when we pass through it)
 As I ran back to the starting line to fetch a new vehicle, I was delayed by having to kill zombies, then bandage Brooks and give him a morphine to repair him Thurman's settling of the score.  I don't know why I was so surprised that they didn't naturally assume that running over/shooting the other racers was not part of the deal...

Thruman rushed away to do another lap and realized that he nad fatally neglected to drink any water recently, dying behind the wheel.  IMT was on his third or fourth lap at this time, I believe, and stopped to pull Thurman out of the bus he was driving and strip his gear.  I attempted to ram the bus before he could reach it, but just passed right through and experienced yet another crash shortly after.

When I logged back in.  I was trapped between my truck, and another runaway from a previous game crash; by sending all the driverless vehicles along the same path, this confirmed that the localized area where IMT claimed to have first crashed his truck was what was triggering the crashes, 

It was at that point that the server restarted, and despawned all of the vehicles we had collected.

And here is the video from last night's run; with Hell, Kilgore, and starving Art.

Edited by emuthreat
Stuff 'n' things
  • Like 9

Long story short - vehicles still suck?!  :) I hope you colected crash logs and devs watch your videos.

6 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Long story short - vehicles still suck?!  :) I hope you colected crash logs and devs watch your videos.

It takes quite a bit of effort to get enough vehicle interactions to cause problems, with the current 12 hour server restart cycles, and no vehicle persistence.

They drive pretty okay, for the most part, but when something goes wrong, it poisons an entire area of the map.  Any players who come into the area of effect, will see frame rates of less than 1, and difficulty closing the game; occasionally requiring a reboot of the PC.

And yes, I dropped off my crash dumps from this weekend.

Hi guys. Sorry I couldn't make it for the inaugural NWAF raly :-(. It looked like fun. May be I can make it for the next event lol.

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

We assembled a respectable amount of vehicles for testing earlier today.   It took Thurman and me about three hours to get a dozen on-site, then IMT and Brooks logged on and helped us out with a couple more. With about a half-hour left, we started the NWAF rally.

Here's a few pictures of the vehicles before the event began.

Hide contents

It is notable, that there are SIX V3S chassis models here.  I previously estimated the vehicle count per server to include 5 of each type.  More testing is still needed to determine the exact numbers.  There were a few vehicles that just couldn't sit still and wait until the race began.

In my rush to get things done before the server reset, and took away all the vehicles we were trying to test with, I neglected to fully flesh-out the rules of the rally.  I was mostly just taking a head start on IMT, who had to bandage. HaHa.

The objective was simply for each player to drive one of each type of vehicle, one lap around the outermost route of the airfield, going counterclockwise while staying on the pavement the whole time.  Each lap ends when the player parks their vehicle in the hangar closest to the fire station.  If there were less of any type of vehicle than there were participants, whoever completes their lap with it first, would park it on the side of the tarmac by the ATC for the next player who chooses it for a lap; with the last person completing their lap with that vehicle to be given the responsibility of parking it in the hangar.

It turned out that my haste worked to my disadvantage.  After the first lap, I was unable to get any of the other vehicles to move, as if they were chained to the ground.  I had to log out,  my client crashed, and I was then a lap and a half behind the group.

I thought most of the other things would go without saying.  But such is DayZ.  Thurman and I had memory crashes in about the same place, halfway around the airfield, with my V3S hitting a rock in the process and killing it.  Brooks ran over Thruman as he was attempting to get back in his vehicle, breaking his legs.  IMT rolled along and into his first client crash of the race, and sent his ghost-riding truck on a collision course for where I had just come back from my crash. (This pretty-well confirms that there is a single area on the track now, that has a problem reconciling what sort of things had happened there, and our client just says NOPE when we pass through it)
 As I ran back to the starting line to fetch a new vehicle, I was delayed by having to kill zombies, then bandage Brooks and give him a morphine to repair him Thurman's settling of the score.  I don't know why I was so surprised that they didn't naturally assume that running over/shooting the other racers was not part of the deal...

Thruman rushed away to do another lap and realized that he nad fatally neglected to drink any water recently, dying behind the wheel.  IMT was on his third or fourth lap at this time, I believe, and stopped to pull Thurman out of the bus he was driving and strip his gear.  I attempted to ram the bus before he could reach it, but just passed right through and experienced yet another crash shortly after.

When I logged back in.  I was trapped between my truck, and another runaway from a previous game crash; by sending all the driverless vehicles along the same path, this confirmed that the localized area where IMT claimed to have first crashed his truck was what was triggering the crashes, 

It was at that point that the server restarted, and despawned all of the vehicles we had collected.

And here is the video from last night's run; with Hell, Kilgore, and starving Art.

Reveal hidden contents

Amazing work! I am sending your feedback to our QA now.

Thank you all!

• Like 6

To be more specific:  at 6:32 in the video my car crashed on something invisible and that's where my hood fell off. Next round I didn't see the hood but I tried to ignore it. After that both Emuthreat and Thurman Merman crashed their client at that exact same spot where my hood used to be. Shortly after, my game crashed there as well. I think it was because we were in the vicinity or trying to collide with the hood which it can't find in the memory, hence the crash with the memory reference exception. I always believed and still believe that it happens when trying to access an item which isn't there at the moment.

To confirm it even more, a few days ago I came up to camp and I wanted to put something in a tent and wondered where all the AKM's were. I noticed that there were occupied slots so I logged off and logged back in. When logging back in I crashed with the memory reference exception. When entering the game again I saw the AKM in the tent. I think there is a small bug with writing or reading the memory which causes this bug.

Edited by IMT

Rag doll effects on trucks :)

I like the v3s is working much better past the 10mph first to 2nd gear. Pickups ok on hills guys?

3 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Amazing work! I am sending your feedback to our QA now.

Thank you all!

Baty, can you let me know if they are working on render distances of grass? PVP and PVE interests.

6 minutes ago, FatihScope said:

Hello Baty :)

Will be there any update today or tomorrow ?

There's been a lot of SteamDB activity....

I was just wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

• Like 2