Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137116

7BEB7D8626A27CF2C04CA2C115217881774FFBB1West Emustan is burned.  Found DicklePick rummaging through another tent and ended him.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

7BEB7D8626A27CF2C04CA2C115217881774FFBB1West Emustan is burned.  Found DicklePick rummaging through another tent and ended him.

Who is this dicklepick who gets killed all the time?

Is he like backstabbing you guys all the time?

Emu, IMT and thur. Have I joined a feud?  Looks like I might have to watch my back lol. I'm not that much of a PVP person, but I will fight back when shot at or attacked. PS thur do you think it might have been Dicklepick that took us out when we were mil tent hunting at kamensk mil camp?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

he says DicklePick will always hunt us

Haha classic!

3 hours ago, jappegaming said:

He's a regular on the server we play on.  A mysterious and squirrelly camp ransacker with an unquenchable bloodlust for our crew.  It has resulted in more than a few comical deaths.   Seeing how the 1PP Exp servers are kind of empty right now, it's a welcome distraction.

• Like 1

This is getting to be the best thing that has ever happened to me in DayZ.

Somehow, we came across two other players on an Exp server averaging less than ten players, and we got a straight-up feud going.

They compromised our saucer bluff camp earlier today, but both got killed.  

Somehow, while I was killing DP again, Jarin stole a bus full of guns that I was about to relocate.  (Thanks a lot Kilgore and Art,  I could have used you guys for another 10 minutes)  But hey, that's how it goes; now we got some more shit to do, I guess.

(Don't worry guys, all they got was an AK 101, AKM, Winnie, MP-133, and one other gun of equally little consequence)  For all I know the idiots left all that shit in the bus; otherwise, we go hunting camps tomorrow.

My FAL needs at least another three notches before the VSS gonna start itching me.  Better get on it @starvingart, I ain't holdin' off on that sweetie forever....

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, jappegaming said:

Is he like backstabbing you guys all the time?

It's not so much backstabbing, as impotently harassing us over the past few days.  Wherever we go for the last two weeks, he/they seem(s) to be there; trying his best to get killed.  He largely succeeds at it.

Just in the last day or two, they have been closer and closer to an experimental camp of ours, and it finally got burned today.  Its a good ol' fashioned server feud.

i don't know how we kept finding them so often, and vice versa, but I've never had so much fun in DayZ, as I have continually killing these two; and the steaks are only getting higher.  (Who's been feeding the cows cannabis???)

• Like 4

(Thanks a lot Kilgore and Art,  I could have used you guys for another 10 minutes)  But hey, that's how it goes; now we got some more shit to do, I guess.

My FAL needs at least another three notches before the VSS gonna start itching me.  Better get on it @starvingart, I ain't holdin' off on that sweetie forever....

Hey, I gave you guys notice that I had to pack it up for the night so don't act like I didn't Mr. Everybreezeknocksoutmyinternet ;) Still not a surprise, we had way too much shit horded near a high traffic spot and this was bound to happen, I'm just glad we sent each of those guys back to the coast and got to keep the rare gear!

Oh and nice shots @emuthreat

Edited by starvingart
buttonmash
  • Like 5

Don't start shit if you can't finish shit....

Well done guys.

Though Dickle is a KoS douche he gets points for tenacity I guess.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Well done guys.

I know he KoSed you, but he's had the chance to shoot first at me twice, and he spoke each time.  I think he is just a less experienced, nervous (as he gets killed a lot) player.  I haven't spoken with him since the first time I found him in game (at that point, he had only killed you and been killed by emu(?) in retaliation), but talked to Jarin a bit last night.  They seem like good guys.  I told them to come here and introduce themselves.  In any event, I love that Dickle sees this as a challenge and apparently now wants to be hunted by us.  Well played!

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

They seem like good guys.  I told them to come here and introduce themselves.

Yeah, I was hoping that at some point during all this that contact would be made on some level other than just trading gunfire....

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

(at that point, he had only killed you and been killed by emu(?)

*IMT

• Like 2

Oooooh, update today? :D I'd love to see what juicy things they have fixed and if Server performance is being solid! 

Lets get those cars to Stable! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Well done guys.

I am too, but i only do it on a pvp server type. I would rather, camp out make a complete base camp, go around and do the Roll playing of a bandit then.

Right now i would rather test, get things fixed in the game, make some friends, say Hey!, and lets go fix this game. on exp.....

Gun battles have to be done, we need to make sure everything is perfect and to keep on top of that. Unfortunately infected are not enough to work with, we have to use real players to make sure nothing is broken and sounds and objects are working perfectly.

KOS can be a problem, but right now its a good problem as we have to keep on top of testing when it comes to pvp interactions.

Geez, is awesome at the authentically of weapons, with the help of others, so i leave that dept to him. Otherwise i would like to move past the gun fights as much as possible (but keeping eyes on it once in awhile) and get the other stuff fixed we need so badly in the game.

1. Base building is going to be a nightmare on all the devs, we know this and it is coming. Things will get broken more times then we can count.

2. Infected, and AI have to be perfect, in order to introduce new and other AI assets.

3. The complete crafting system has to work better then perfect, or we will never be able to introduce some modding ideas, fashioned items to private etc servers.

4. Vehicles are very important, to be working well so it can handle storage, persistence, and driving.

5. Networking, and persistence has to be 150% working perfectly, because those that know about modding, and database uses, can see a huge problem if it is not working well enough. Such as duping, database non storage, persistence, and crouption.

6. Character movement, UI, placement, object orientation, and assets have to be perfect. Because we know the whole game is based on your character. I feel things are getting better.

I dont want to go on about it, most of us are very aware of what needs to be done, and how to go about it. We really need the devs to tell us what they want tested this round of testing. Even if it is shhhh dont say a word about networking tests, just simply put out a message telling us we are testing networking and performance, but keep playing so we can gain reports. Otherwise we are working on Fire camps, lighting and objects, please go around testing xxx for us so we can gain more reports.

Ill shut up now....

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I am too, but i only do it on a pvp server type. I would rather, camp out make a complete base camp, go around and do the Roll playing of a bandit then.

Right now i would rather test, get things fixed in the game, make some friends, say Hey!, and lets go fix this game. on exp.....

Gun battles have to be done, we need to make sure everything is perfect and to keep on top of that. Unfortunately infected are not enough to work with, we have to use real players to make sure nothing is broken and sounds and objects are working perfectly.

KOS can be a problem, but right now its a good problem as we have to keep on top of testing when it comes to pvp interactions.

Geez, is awesome at the authentically of weapons, with the help of others, so i leave that dept to him. Otherwise i would like to move past the gun fights as much as possible (but keeping eyes on it once in awhile) and get the other stuff fixed we need so badly in the game.

1. Base building is going to be a nightmare on all the devs, we know this and it is coming. Things will get broken more times then we can count.

2. Infected, and AI have to be perfect, in order to introduce new and other AI assets.

3. The complete crafting system has to work better then perfect, or we will never be able to introduce some modding ideas, fashioned items to private etc servers.

4. Vehicles are very important, to be working well so it can handle storage, persistence, and driving.

5. Networking, and persistence has to be 150% working perfectly, because those that know about modding, and database uses, can see a huge problem if it is not working well enough. Such as duping, database non storage, persistence, and crouption.

6. Character movement, UI, placement, object orientation, and assets have to be perfect. Because we know the whole game is based on your character. I feel things are getting better.

I dont want to go on about it, most of us are very aware of what needs to be done, and how to go about it. We really need the devs to tell us what they want tested this round of testing. Even if it is shhhh dont say a word about networking tests, just simply put out a message telling us we are testing networking and performance, but keep playing so we can gain reports. Otherwise we are working on Fire camps, lighting and objects, please go around testing xxx for us so we can gain more reports.

Ill shut up now....

I totally agree!

Basebuilding is an entirely wrong direction. Let us place some furniture inside the existing structures of Chernarus, let us reinforce them, that's all that should be possible, at most.

I would even advise to totally abandon basebuilding, because it doesn't feel "right" in DayZ.

Please, overthink basebuilding.

• Like 2

If there was anything else worthwhile to do on Experimental right now, we'd be doing it.

The crashes are getting less frequent, and the slide show of doom seems to have stopped happening.

Lets see some persistent vehicles already.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

If there was anything else worthwhile to do on Experimental right now, we'd be doing it.

The crashes are getting less frequent, and the slide show of doom seems to have stopped happening.

Lets see some persistent vehicles already.

Persistence items, and objects and if adding in vehicles, and parts to the mix we need persistence working perfectly

Would be nice to get past persistence, so we can start fixing the smaller, and more important bugs like desync, and network stabilization.

The net coding has to be good for us to interact with others.

Hopefully we can start doing some base building testing soon, and whatever else we need to do with the infected and AI.

Items, and that are already buggy but we can get past those, if we focus on the other things soon.

After that it is just a matter of what Hicks is introducing to us.

In your opinion where do we stand with vehicles? are they pretty much ready to go to stable? other then persistence etc...

Sedan and Lada both have low traction issues that make the road turn into an ice arena in 4th gear.  Bus gets stuck on rail crossings.  V3S still has terrible gearing, but is beastly when you get it up to speed in 4th.  Sedean and Lada need the traction  fix before stable, and the bus needs a bit more ground clearance.

If you hit a rock or the edge of a fence with just one tire, you will start doing twilight-zone barrel rolls until the game finally decides that is it done not being able to show you what a rollover looks like.

Other than that, pretty okay.  Keep in mind though, that the Experimental servers are not very populated, and that some issues that seemed to abate recently will likely explode with full server loads.

They seriously need to add some new weapon to experimental now, just to get enough activity on the servers to know how things will work on stable.  Nothing else at this point seems to have a chance of getting people to test vehicles under full load conditions....

• Like 4

18 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Again!?

Stale experimental is a small world... I figure I'll end up in one of these screenshots soon.

9 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I know he KoSed you, but he's had the chance to shoot first at me twice, and he spoke each time.

First time I encountered this guy he was a pantless, sword-wielding mute wearing a clown mask. Yet he didn't kill me when I had a CTD standing beside him. Does he have a microphone now? 

• Like 1

Sedan and Lada both have low traction issues that make the road turn into an ice arena in 4th gear.  Bus gets stuck on rail crossings.  V3S still has terrible gearing, but is beastly when you get it up to speed in 4th.  Sedean and Lada need the traction  fix before stable, and the bus needs a bit more ground clearance.

If you hit a rock or the edge of a fence with just one tire, you will start doing twilight-zone barrel rolls until the game finally decides that is it done not being able to show you what a rollover looks like.

Other than that, pretty okay.  Keep in mind though, that the Experimental servers are not very populated, and that some issues that seemed to abate recently will likely explode with full server loads.

They seriously need to add some new weapon to experimental now, just to get enough activity on the servers to know how things will work on stable.  Nothing else at this point seems to have a chance of getting people to test vehicles under full load conditions....

Nice assessment of vehicles, that bus is nice but i agree it should not be having issues with RR tracks. A bus is a beast, and it sounds like they are no where ready.

18 hours ago, Fing said:

Emu, IMT and thur. Have I joined a feud?  Looks like I might have to watch my back lol. I'm not that much of a PVP person, but I will fight back when shot at or attacked. PS thur do you think it might have been Dicklepick that took us out when we were mil tent hunting at kamensk mil camp?

You should always watch your back. But it's your choice if you want to join the hunt.

18 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

He's a regular on the server we play on.  A mysterious and squirrelly camp ransacker with an unquenchable bloodlust for our crew.  It has resulted in more than a few comical deaths.   Seeing how the 1PP Exp servers are kind of empty right now, it's a welcome distraction.

I guess that's why we started it, pure boredom. Other people go PvP on the airfield, we take it one step further to make it even more fun. Just try and find 2 people on the entire map and kill them because one of them harmed us before.

15 hours ago, emuthreat said:

This is getting to be the best thing that has ever happened to me in DayZ.

Somehow, we came across two other players on an Exp server averaging less than ten players, and we got a straight-up feud going.

They compromised our saucer bluff camp earlier today, but both got killed.  

Somehow, while I was killing DP again, Jarin stole a bus full of guns that I was about to relocate.  (Thanks a lot Kilgore and Art,  I could have used you guys for another 10 minutes)  But hey, that's how it goes; now we got some more shit to do, I guess.

(Don't worry guys, all they got was an AK 101, AKM, Winnie, MP-133, and one other gun of equally little consequence)  For all I know the idiots left all that shit in the bus; otherwise, we go hunting camps tomorrow.

I agree with this although killing Despodes and his buddy over and over was also fun in 0.60. But this is on a much larger scale and the best thing is, they have fun in it as well, even if they die a lot. Also they were my first double kill in DayZ ever I think.

I think it's really funny and fun as well and believe there is nothing wrong with a feud or war, specially if both parties enjoy it.

15 hours ago, emuthreat said:

i don't know how we kept finding them so often, and vice versa, but I've never had so much fun in DayZ, as I have continually killing these two; and the steaks are only getting higher.  (Who's been feeding the cows cannabis???)

Mutual interests, they go a lot were we go a lot, or the other way around. :)

12 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yeah, I was hoping that at some point during all this that contact would be made on some level other than just trading gunfire....

*IMT

That's what I'm trying to do next time, talk a bit to them. And technically speaking I didn't kill him, he killed himself when he logged off when unconscious and tied up. If he would've stayed, his life was in your hands. Meaning that what ever choice you would've made, I would agree with that.

• Like 3

Talking of vehicles, collision between vehicles and infected is terrible. We tried to run over some zeds with bus and they all ended up on roof. Runing over zeds in dayz mod was of most fun parts of game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

If you want to help us we need to test vehicle's synchronization. 

Try to drive vehicles in groups. Both players should see the vehicles in same places. If anyone sees vehicle levitating, can other players see the same? I need screenshots, videos for QA.

And stuck items in player's hand slot. Some repro steps would amazing.

This would be nice guys. This is what we need. <3

• Like 9