Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137116

Hello Survivors,

We are preparing new Status Report for you and We also have another small update of Experimental branch. It's only couple of fixes fixes but I would like to let you know about it.

Fixes:

• SKS, CZ61 silenced sound tweaked
  • log-side error messages

And We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed
  • Like 13

Side note: this marks the 38th build released to the Experimental branch for 0.61. That bests the old record -- 0.60 -- by 5 builds. I'm glad to see the direction the team is taking in regards to how the Experimental branch is used. It's really nice to see it getting more attention. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 14

Still no wipe needed?

I have a feeling some much larger fixes and changes will hit Experimental some time Soon™.

Thanks devs/all!

• Like 3

Good stuff! I love the frequency of updates you guys are putting out! So much hard work <3 

--Question about Doors: Are you guys still working on changing them to open opposite of players still, or has that been scrapped? 

--Also, small but kind of frustrating thing -- Occasionally there are 'Invisible' Infected that attack us - Are they actually under the ground texture and just had a bad spawning place? 

• Like 2

Thanks for keeping us posted with updates Baty. Going to be testing out some of those changes in the next few hours. 

• Like 3

For the people wondering: there was a world persistence wipe (vehicles + loot stashes) but characters were still intact.

Definitely have to pick up the SKS and CZ to see what changed.

By the way, are the Repeater sounds not correctly configured? As far as I know every gun has a reverb and echo when shot in the distance but the Repeater doesn't. Perhaps a bug?

drove vehicles for the first time today. The Zs seem to like to jump on the back of the truck but then they do not impede you getting out, in fact they ignore you as you walk away.  Stalking does seem good still. Occasional not able to get the gun out when they charge problems. And on a server with only 3 of us.. Seems that 9mm drops are shut off?

29 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

drove vehicles for the first time today. The Zs seem to like to jump on the back of the truck but then they do not impede you getting out, in fact they ignore you as you walk away.  Stalking does seem good still. Occasional not able to get the gun out when they charge problems. And on a server with only 3 of us.. Seems that 9mm drops are shut off?

They sometimes do aggro on you when you get out of the vehicle, not always but sometimes. They tend to get stuck as well when they aggro you when you walk away from your vehicle. Best thing is to ignore them because if you kill them it might harm your vehicle and possibly kill your vehicle.

57 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

Were you the guy on SC-02 in Vybor, by the police car, that I drove by in my V3S today?  I knew where all but one other player was.  :D

ya, lol was searching for my hand gun. Great place to test the stalking though, lots of sunlight and lots of zombies there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

ya, lol was searching for my hand gun. Great place to test the stalking though, lots of sunlight and lots of zombies there

I was on TS with someone.  I had just said that I thought I was running behind someone - as everyplace I looked had been looted.  They mentioned that only you and some name I didn't recognize were on the server - think their named started with an S.  Yelled into TS:  I'm pretty sure I just drove past Pongo (didn't recognize the other guy's name, so would have been surprised if he was that far inland).  Map seems huge at times, tiny at others!

7 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

I'm not sure but were you earlier at Kabanino about 3 hours ago? I thought I heard footsteps and breathing at the well and Bio was very far south and you were the only other player online besides us. :P

nope, just south, I had ditched a truck on the power lines south of Stary Sobor then gone there there and the vybor military, then buddy saw me. I finally ditched my FN and found a box of 308 on the other side of the map. How long will it sit there in that anne frank house I wonder...

just found a radio, can spark it up....

and the face plate doesnt seem to go on the gorka helmet anymore...tried a few times now in a few builds

Edited by PongoZ

HcaIkDj.jpg

Worst, road head, ever. ~ Thurman

After Thurman buzzed PongoZ we met up and began our search for bigger and better vehicles.

We found a sedan on the south coast highway and Thurman showed of his hydraulics kit in the V3S and eventually met up with Brooks.

6fAJomG.jpg

Outside Elektro his truck drew an impressive conga line of infected.

HVDBO17.jpg

After he parked I got out and drew the aggro of the small horde lobbing a grenade for fun and profit!

FgonnS3.jpg

cpvQ7Z8.jpg

The blast radius of the grenade was quite large and myself as well as Brooks who was even further away had the grenade as "last damage".

It was a fun 3+ hour session with a few memory leak crashes but mostly stable.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

the eastern silencer seems to works great on an AKM, but on the skorpion it makes a very muffled noise that is not like a weapon discharge at all.

• Like 1

Fired the mosin bell on prison island to see how many zombies are there...about 20..

• Like 1

Please close other exp update task (Exp Update 0.61.137076)

Edited by FatihScope

12 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

They mentioned that only you and some name I didn't recognize were on the server - think their named started with an S. 

Probably Sparrow, he's been playing on SC 0-2 the last few patches.  You know the EXP servers are empty when you remember names of people you haven't even met in-game.

• Like 2

Too bad collision between zeds and vehicles is so bad. Running over zombies in mod was so fun, especially when they flew in air. Also JSDS sound mod had cool cracking sound wnen driving over zombie corpses

18 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Still no wipe needed?

I have a feeling some much larger fixes and changes will hit Experimental some time Soon™.

Thanks devs/all!

HAHAH predictions or some insider info?

Yeah there is some important ones to hit the shelves before the others get fixed.

Have a cold, so sitting at home playing DayZ.  A good 6 hours yesterday.  Had only 2 crashes; and one was likely due to our demolition derby involving 2 trucks.  Still many tweaks needed, imo, but the build seems to run very well for me.  Also, BioHaze, sorry about your sedan:

BnaQro.jpg[/img]

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Espa said:

--Question about Doors: Are you guys still working on changing them to open opposite of players still, or has that been scrapped? 

It is still planned.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

It is still planned.

Is the dev team still tweaking shock damages? infected shock damages etc.. wondering if wolves will have it and other AI such as bears etc... being hardcore survival then.

Thanks, Baty =) I appreciate the info! 

Look forward to how that will affect gameplay! I'm sure it'll probably remove any weird push-back collisions to players. . and also provide it possible to shoot a door open, have an Infected kick one through, etc! Neat stuff be a-coming :D