Sign in to follow this  
Le_Maverick

Make containers useful again

I'm talking about first aid kit, ammunition box, dry bag, protector case.

I'd like to see then as they were before 0.57 update Ex: The fist aid kit now can carry 4 slots and it take 4 slot in the backpack so there is no benfit in carrying it, is just annoying to take it to hands and look what's inside.

Before 0.57 the first aid kit can carry 6 slot of medical stuff but it takes only 4 slots in the backpack because it organize well the stuff in the sapce the same could be with the ammo box it takes 8 slots and provides 12 slots for ammos.

Drybag already serve the purpose of keeping dry what's inside so it can take the same space it offer.

What you guys think?

1 hour ago, Le_Maverick said:

I'm talking about first aid kit, ammunition box, dry bag, protector case.

I'd like to see then as they were before 0.57 update Ex: The fist aid kit now can carry 4 slots and it take 4 slot in the backpack so there is no benfit in carrying it, is just annoying to take it to hands and look what's inside.

Before 0.57 the first aid kit can carry 6 slot of medical stuff but it takes only 4 slots in the backpack because it organize well the stuff in the sapce the same could be with the ammo box it takes 8 slots and provides 12 slots for ammos.

Drybag already serve the purpose of keeping dry what's inside so it can take the same space it offer.

What you guys think?

I see what you're getting at here but there's one major thing you forget... The containers work as "protective cases" and they're extremely good at it. I usually have my first aid kit with medical supplies and then a cooking pot for spare mags/ammo and another cooking pot for my pistol to take out zombies. + I now have 4 liters of water on me to drink from. :) Containers are by far useless mate. They save stuff from being ruined. So if you have an MP5K perhaps, put it to your hotbar and place the MP5 in the bag. Then the MP5 won't be ruined if you get shot and ruins the container. :)

EDIT: When i write "bag" I mean the 12 slot waterproof bags that you can find in a variety of colors.. :)

Edited by TikTactical

18 minutes ago, TikTactical said:

I see what you're getting at here but there's one major thing you forget... The containers work as "protective cases" and they're extremely good at it. I usually have my first aid kit with medical supplies and then a cooking pot for spare mags/ammo and another cooking pot for my pistol to take out zombies. + I now have 4 liters of water on me to drink from. :) Containers are by far useless mate. They save stuff from being ruined. So if you have an MP5K perhaps, put it to your hotbar and place the MP5 in the bag. Then the MP5 won't be ruined if you get shot and ruins the container. :)

That sould be the purpose of the protector case but not of the other containers.. The drybag shouldn't be bulletproof neither the first aid kit or the pot. I know u can store item in pots while carrying water in them but i dont think it's a feature made on purpose

37 minutes ago, Le_Maverick said:

That sould be the purpose of the protector case but not of the other containers.. The drybag shouldn't be bulletproof neither the first aid kit or the pot. I know u can store item in pots while carrying water in them but i dont think it's a feature made on purpose

I agree with you, but that's not what you wrote you wrote "make the containers useful again" which they are.

Except the stone knife, the cooking pot is the most useful item in the game.  You can catch rain with it (and then purify it), fill it at the well or from any water source (and then purify it), holds four itemslot worth of anything, it keeps your most precious items safe from the Infected....and it cooks things!

Just wish they'd make them look like Le Creuset.

The only thing I dislike about ammo is that most loose bullets only stack to 20 in one slot... I'd like to see loose ammo stack to 40... Also, ammo boxes should be able to hold a hundred rounds at least, such as making loose ammo stack to 40 or 60 or so in one stack; in the real world, ammo cans hold up to 500-600+ of loose ammo. Also, it would be nifty to make ammo boxes a crafting ingredient; I've seen them used for everything from decoration to cook stoves to motorcycle saddle bags, an intake scoop on a car (really, someone made a bird catcher out of an ammo box!), water storage, fire containers, small game traps, etc. etc. etc...

Also, I'd have to agree that carrying a first aid kit is pretty much useless if it takes up four slots and only offers four slots and no stacking.... It means you have to open your first aid kit and take the bandages out in order to use the bandages, whereas if you have the bandages loose in your inventory, you can simply use your bandages.... In fact, I think you'd have to be a fool to keep your bandages in a first aid kit because of this...

A further note on bandages: Can we have more clothing items that can be turned into rags!? I ran around bleeding to death one time, coming across plenty of things that could've been used as rags (including bandanas and such) that simply couldn't be torn into rags because of the game mechanics... Luckily, I came across a stack of rags in a coat and was able to patch myself up...