Hello guys.

EXP update time again!

What is new:

• Fix for the most common server crashes 
  • Fix for apparently reocurred missing body parts
  • Fixes for proper persistence of tents, vehicles
  • Tweaked infected seeing/hearing, should be slightly nerfed
  • Serverside logs for further performance issues analysis

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

I will be grateful for any feedback.

• Like 10

Invisible Infected need to be fix also, I've ran into a few moments where I would get attacked over and over by something invisible and not a player either.

But GREAT JOB so far guys keep it up!

Edited by Miami_bat

Honestly no need to nerf the zombies, they are deadly, just like they should be! People need to adapt their game and stop whining. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lake-end said:

Honestly no need to nerf the zombies, they are deadly, just like they should be! People need to adapt their game and stop whining. 

It doesn't sound like they nerfed damage, just adjusted aggro range to make it more believable.  The zombies can be dangerous while still adhering to the same laws of physics as the players.

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 1

So them being literally undead doesnt go against laws of nature at all?

Maybe they can smell your brain, eh? :)

Edit: tweaking them is ofc fine, but current level of difficulty is fine imo.

Edited by Lake-end

17 minutes ago, Lake-end said:

So them being literally undead doesnt go against laws of nature at all

Theyre "Infected" not "undead" think "28-days later" not "the return of the living dead"

Edited by koffeekage
  • Like 2

i dont understand how the new bug tracker works, how to create a new ticket. I threw a grenade to try and get mil-style infected to hoard so i could shoot them but hen the grenade went off none of them reacted.

Yeah, they´re supposed to be infected human.

I´m all in to make them more dangerous (even adding some types, etc), but I believe that any boost to the threat they represent should be within human possibilities, and currently on stable that´s not the case. 

• They can see you from 50-100m standing still with full camouflage and crouched or just laying in the ground. I had players running a couple of meters away from me and not seeing me, let alone the distance from which infected are activated now.
  • They run 3X faster than players in their initial aggro ¨boost¨. 
  • Some of them have Xray vision lol.

I don´t know what´s the plan the devs have for them tho, but if they´re intending to make them more dangerous, at least there should be some logic behind it (like only some infected can run really fast, and they should be clearly distinguishable from others, etc).

Or if they indeed want infected to spot players from such big ranges, then make them not recognize players that are behaving as infected (walking slowly), or not seeing them crouched. Because seriously, how can an infected distinguish between another infected and a player from that range?

Edited by exwoll

I tested it during one and a half hour !

find a sedan in the coast and I go to the kamenka base !

I can't detach the wheel of any sedan I met with the lug wrench ! ( I didn't test it on an other vehicle)

I think indected are great right now , they deal a lot of damage and aggro like they should aggro !

no status bug !

black face bug is still here !

have a little bit of lag ( server performance issue I think) hitting tree with melee can be delayed !

Bye keep up the GREAT works !

Yes, the infected ones must be lethal. However, their perception of the players must be kept within the reality. Do not be blind or deaf, but at the same time do not have super vision and canine hearing.
I always argue that those infected should be the biggest threat in the game, making people fear them.

29 minutes ago, cristiano said:

I always argue that those infected should be the biggest threat in the game, making people fear them.

I'd be happy with them being really, really dumb but I'd quite like to see how the game plays if infected one-shot kill us when we're not wearing any shock resistant gear.

DE-01 just booted me off; didn't see a server message...

While I don't want super powered, highly sensitive infected, I would like to test a more dangerous infected population based on the damage they deal. Since this is experimental, what better time and place to test super lethal infected. 1-2 hit knockouts would be an interesting test. I could also see holding off until infected/player melee collision/sync issues are ironed out a bit more, before doing this sort of test. (hopefully with the intro of the new player controller).

Ill kill myself and start fresh to see how the stalking of infected is doing. Thanks for the update

They should nerf a little bit aggro range during the day , and they should also nerf a bit more during the night.Also one more bug with zombies aggroing wrong person after they hear the shots near them , for example ( i was inside the house , someone was shoting around and they agro me who is 100m from the shoting place)

first stab at zombie stalking seemed ok, they still get alert to you at a fairly long range, but at night anyway, they do not agro is you go slow and low. Not many about though it seems.

Went on a drive down to Cherno with Biohaze, IMT and Luc, to see how many zombies we could kill.  
Boy, was that disappointing.
We expected pure bedlam and chaos, with zombies rushing in from all sides, faster than we could snipe them.  We got a couple zeds at a time, some of them were apparently deaf, while others could run 15 m/s.  We had more fun killing zombies at Balota and the Kamenka roadblock.  Super disappointing trip to Cherno to blow off some steam...

IMT pointed out that new zombies will not respawn as long as we were on top of the dead bodies, and it seemed fairly obvious that they spawned anew when ever someone fired a loud gun.  Still, some of the newly minted zeds were oblivious to gunfire in their direction.

There were far fewer crashes than before.  And in my experience, they only occurred while logging out of, or back into a server. 
I Met up with Art in Tisy, and killed some wolves.  He then found a VSS in a tower and proceeded to glitch through the railing.  I managed to scrape up the lion's share of his gear and made my way back to my truck, which I promptly crashed while returning to his body for his backpack I left behind.
He found a Lada near his spawn, so I looted the tents on my way back to his abandoned truck, while KIlgore came to help me with some wolves that pinned me in the lone shower barracks.  As we drove two separate trucks down to Novaya Petrovka to meet Art, Art reported two crashes while driving his Lada through Ratnoe.
Both crashes appeared to happen at the same location around the middle of town, and an alternate route allowed him to get on his way again.

Things are getting better, but vehicles still need work with traction on different surfaces, and gearing issues.  KIlgore had a V3S cargo that would get up to 99kM/h, while my lighter chassis version would max out at 45 on flat pavement.

It really seems like the infected have randomized sensor sensitivity and travel speed.  Aggro'ing a group of 8 or so and running will end up with about 3 of them still following you for hundreds of meters until you can find shelter or kill them.  And sneaking past zombies does not have consistent results with the same method, even over a period of a couple minutes.

Persistence appears to have worked through one restart, but only for tents, not vehicles.  US southcentral 0-2

Edited by emuthreat
Server info, persistence.
  • Like 2

ZqefAUC.jpg

Teddy bears and morphine, all I need to get through the apocalypse....

emu, Thurman, Luc, IMT, Gary, Brooks, and my dumb ass (force feeding the rest of them pain killers).

Building a camp, finding, driving, wrecking, and sticking vehicles.

Cooking all the cows Luc slaughtered, and playing with light sources occupied a fair amount of our time.

I left after the sad infected turn out at Cherno....

IB7hhoo.jpg

spvKkS7.jpg

pBGf5Dz.jpg

ON7Uvuo.jpg

LW96kVq.jpg

vkMqS5g.jpg

wlHs8Us.jpg

Odd4FGf.jpg

22JmA11.jpg

wxtOWQ2.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:
  • Tweaked infected seeing/hearing, should be slightly nerfed

The bow was OP, the infected felt good.

Drove a V3S chassis around this morning trying to gauge its durability.  Drove full speed (~50 k/h) into: a tree; a Hesco barrier; and a parked car.  Ruined the battery and some tires (although my character never took damage).  I stopped having to open the door to get in/out, but otherwise, it drove fine.  No decrease in speed or performance.  

Servers stopping.  Got my fingers crossed for another update!

Worth mentioning...

I just had an encounter with wolves at the new military watchtower with the ramp stairs (not the tower with the ladder).  The wolves didn't go up the rebar stairs, which seems reasonable,

However, they would attempt their leap attacks from 10 meters below and those jumps would bump and push my character around up on the platform.  I didn't take any damage but I couldn't get a clean shot at them because I kept getting pushed.   (This was when I was standing on the transparent rebar floor - not on the solid metal floor)

Now they didn't appear to be jumping 10 meters high, their jumps looked normal to me - but my character would get displaced and I thought he might get pushed off the platform...  This also glitched the AK 101 in my hands (holding the rifle with one hand)

Found no thread for it so I'm going to post it here: This was a very interesting Q&A and the dude seems very chill. 

Looking forward to more like this!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

-snip-

:)