Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

Are you concerned about Steam reviews?

From the most recent 39 reviews(first page):

Negative review play time average 205hrs.

Positive review play time average 176hrs.

The highest play time review was 866 hrs, his 'positive' review of the game read 'pretty dank'.  Surprisingly half of the positive reviews did not review the game and basically had gibberish.

Removing the obviously troll 866hr review, the average positive review time played drops to 113hrs.

The average 'hater' has more play time and many of them have 3-600hrs.  They are not trolls, they are people who have invested time and money into this game.  The idea that you think their opinion is worth nothing and their negative review should be hidden is sad.

Sticking to a game you don't like for more than a few hours is unusual in the first place.  Putting 500hrs into it and still slapping a negative review on it should not be ignored.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, funyun said:

-snip-

Just because they played a lot of DayZ, does not mean they can't be ignorant. 99% of the negative reviews come from people who do not follow the development of DayZ, they make false assumptions from what they see. If you follow the development almost every complaint they have can be explained. 

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm just elitist about this game or what, but all I can imagine for the Negative Reviews is basically whining PvPers because the game hasn't gotten any new guns lately and Oh! The environment can kill you xD 

When they fix up vehicles really well, I'm hoping the game will feel more alive for new and active players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Espa said:

I don't know if I'm just elitist about this game or what, but all I can imagine for the Negative Reviews is basically whining PvPers because the game hasn't gotten any new guns lately and Oh! The environment can kill you xD 

When they fix up vehicles really well, I'm hoping the game will feel more alive for new and active players. 

Then they will post: Got ran over by car 0/10 FU BI
Or something similar :p

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Crocketty <--- is that a word?

I think you mean crotchety, synonymous with irritable. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

It's not? Last I checked DayZ hadn't hit Beta yet.

I've brought up this topic several times on this forum. Early Access games borrowed the term alpha from the standard SDLC. According to the standard definition of the term you should usually have a functional vertical slice of an application ready before entering alpha. Alphas don't last 4 years. In my eyes DayZ is pre-alpha.

I am a pedant and a programmer. Sorry for the aggressiveness in my post.

• Like 3

Yup, said this yesterday in another post of a topic that had the status report and milestone goals for 2015!!! Vehicles, beta, etc, in 2015!! We re in 2017 and no beta yet, lol they had no idea really. That topic was obviously deleted, they are probably sorry they cant do that to those steam reviews... Devs falled behind a lot, problem for them now is money to keep them running till 1.0....

• Like 1

What actually brings this discussion here. The game, the team, the progress nothing. One could mean the players are in the RL error-free and perfect.

3 hours ago, Masterchief (DayZ) said:

Yup, said this yesterday in another post of a topic that had the status report and milestone goals for 2015!!! Vehicles, beta, etc, in 2015!! We re in 2017 and no beta yet, lol they had no idea really. That topic was obviously deleted, they are probably sorry they cant do that to those steam reviews... Devs falled behind a lot, problem for them now is money to keep them running till 1.0....

The topic closure and removal has been a bit disturbing lately, there is not even a graveyard anymore, so it's all subject to the eyes of the mod, which contribution is desired and which is to be deleted. I know, there is forum rules and such, but a "negative" thread will sooner or later attract some jerk, who just ignores the forum rules - this in turn can be taken as a welcome invitation to delete undesired content. Sounds like tin foil hat, but apparently has some truth to it. 

This in itself is a reason for the steam reviews, negative or positive, since they are not as filtered as contributions on official forums. Sure, many positive and negative comments on Steam are not well backed up, I see that point. Nonetheless, I prefer having a rather representative breakdown of opinions to having a pre-moderated filter bubble.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

there is not even a graveyard anymore,

This is not intended, I will push for a fix.
As a rule we do not delete a great deal of user content, unless deemed rule breaking or completely out of context.

The Graveyard is a sacred place and should be viewable to those Members logged in.

Steam Reviews are what they are !