Sign in to follow this  
BeaverProductions

Survivng the Impossible Spawn - My challenging feedback to those with the agenda of making PVE easier

wait... people are finding the PVE side of DayZ hard? I mean yeah, it's a little bit harder in 0.61 but no where near the difficulty it should be at. Hell, all my death so far in 0.61 have been to other players.

Also great video btw.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist

that's fine if you know exactly where you spawned right away and know exactly where the nearest apple tree is, and can sprint immediately knowing where you are going.  I see visibility is very good in your video.  but there are times when you spawn and the visibility is VERY short (from heavy fog or heavy rain or both, and possibly nighttime) and all you can see is the trees and grass right in front of you and you can't even tell which way the coast is.  you waste precious minutes going in a direction hoping to see some clue as to where you are.  and some of us spawn only maybe 10 times in a patch and haven't played in months and don't know all the spawn areas by sight to begin with.

in short, yes it's entirely possible to survive, if you know right away where you spawned and where to run and what to do immediately.  it's not the rain that makes it hard, it's the fucking fog.  and the bugs with fire.

Edited by Red_Ensign

Personally, I love the new game mechanics to kill you with the environment. I hope they keep ramping that up with even more intelligent Infected and possibly even snow xD

Thanks for the vid, Beaver ^_^ 

• Like 3

I've purely just waited for the rain to stop when caught in improper gear.

Under a tree, in any structure.

As long as you aren't on the brink of starving to death you can usually wait out most storms.

People are terribly impatient and need CoD NOW!

• Like 2

On 07/01/2017 at 1:20 PM, OliverPlotTwist said:

wait... people are finding the PVE side of DayZ hard? I mean yeah, it's a little bit harder in 0.61 but no where near the difficulty it should be at. Hell, all my death so far in 0.61 have been to other players.

Also great video btw.

It's not nearly hard enough in my opinion. Experimental was harder as energy depletion rate was faster but on stable its easier. I want to be forced to hunt/farm/fish/trap etc

Edited by BeaverProductions

Haha seems like that. I've seen so many freshies running in the rain suddenly fall over dead due to hypothermia. . When they could have just chilled in any house nearby xD 

Perhaps when the game is completed, there'll be more actions available while within structures for the impatient. - Like grabbing up the blanket off beds to keep warm, or starting a mini fire in a bucket xD

• Like 1

On 07/01/2017 at 1:31 PM, Red_Ensign said:

that's fine if you know exactly where you spawned right away and know exactly where the nearest apple tree is, and can sprint immediately knowing where you are going.  I see visibility is very good in your video.  but there are times when you spawn and the visibility is VERY short (from heavy fog or heavy rain or both, and possibly nighttime) and all you can see is the trees and grass right in front of you and you can't even tell which way the coast is.  you waste precious minutes going in a direction hoping to see some clue as to where you are.  and some of us spawn only maybe 10 times in a patch and haven't played in months and don't know all the spawn areas by sight to begin with.

in short, yes it's entirely possible to survive, if you know right away where you spawned and where to run and what to do immediately.  it's not the rain that makes it hard, it's the fucking fog.  and the bugs with fire.

I understand that it can be a struggle for some in the game to survive. This is a good thing. 

When I first started playing I died to infected a few times until I worked out how to deal with them. 

I died due to getting lost in the woods one of the patches food was scarce. 

It's ok to die. It's ok not to live every spawn. It's ok to get lost in the fog and not know if you will find food in time. 

It's a survival game. There's plenty of game out there where you can press 'save' every few minutes. 

Edited by BeaverProductions
  • Like 1