Sign in to follow this  
Get_in_the_house_Carl

Vehicle sound systems

I believe, now that vehicles are taking a bigger role in the game, it would be nice to see some extended functionality to vehicles. I mean in the sense of the workable stereo systems, such as radio stations, listening to music cd's and cassette's while driving. To make these work you would find and attache the stereos to the the desired vehicle like you would with a tire or headlight. Their functionality could merely consist of listening to music and radio chatter from the short range radios you are later adding (not the walkie talkies). Maybe add cd's and music cassettes to the loot tables as well. Perhaps audio diaries containing stories of citizens during the beginning of the outbreak. I could imagine myself maybe others enjoying this feature if it were to be added.

• Like 1

Hmm realy in the Apokalytic World ???

This is DayZ not GTA.....

10 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

I actually like the idea...just because its an apocalypse, it doesnt mean CDs and cassette tapes vanish or dont exist. If you dont like it or dont care about it, you should be able to just leave it off. It's little things like music that make the world feel alive and lived in, which iverall make the game more immersive. I always compare open world games to witcher 3, because they nailed the little details of things and people who would actually exist in the world. +1 for music/recordings in vehicles

I don't know about installing sound systems in cars, but if they had functional sound systems I could see some uses for that.  The Devs talked before about using handheld radios for distraction, luring zombies and players to a radio you placed on the ground and such, same principle could apply to a car stereo.  Drive into a town/village with your radio cranked up, honking your horn and such to attract zombies to the other end while your buddies go and loot or rescue a friend.

I could also see in vehicle radios used to communicate that could be looted and installed/removed.

42 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

I don't mean full on radio stations with the radio personalities. I strictly mean playable music and listening to radio chatter like you would with walky talkies. Music in an apocalyptic scenario is not uncommon.

Ok, I agree, a noisy, crisp radio can create atmosphere. What kind of vehicles? V3S rather only talk radio. Lada? Sedan only music radio. Bus music / talk radio. Ok, there are even more vehicles, maybe I see this too narrow and stubborn.

1 hour ago, Get_in_the_house_Carl said:

I don't mean full on radio stations with the radio personalities. I strictly mean playable music and listening to radio chatter like you would with walky talkies. Music in an apocalyptic scenario is not uncommon.

Well, it was a hope at one point by the Devs that the community would make their own 'radio stations', broadcasting their webcasts over the in game comms on set frequencies, playing music, PSAs, ect.  Dunno if that's still in the plans but I hope it is.  Doing it on car radios or player boomboxes would be another way to have them going.  And it's not far fetched to receive radio broadcasts over walkie talkies, the historic railway I used to work at had NWS set to one of the channels on our walkies.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:22 PM, Get_in_the_house_Carl said:

I don't mean car horns. To put it nicely, read what I had typed.

Sorry chief.  Car sound makes me think of horns and I didn't think you'd take my reply seriously.

i hope you get functioning car radios someday. :)

@sanguine00 In no way I meant to be offensive just to let you know. I can understand the confusion, it was shorter than the other.

@Sqeezorz Yeah almost all vehicles should have a radio or could have one attached. Vehicles that you would assume to have radios. I don't mean like talk shows, just the ability hearing players talking over radios. For example, "you're driving along the dark lonely road decide to play that, awesome but shitty, polka music cd you found couple miles back. Music gets to cringy for you're taste so you decide to listen on the radio for other players speaking to each other on either long range or short range radios." 

I like to hear more realistic car sounds. Like the tire sounds, Like winds sounds, like the sounds of suspension, like the sounds of gravel and stones hitting the fenders when off-road. Also the car/ truck interior environmental reverb, and dampening of the exterior sounds. In addition to this a radio that could receive a local FM transmitter (a cool long term DayZ DJ goal), and cassette player where you could play found (collected!?) cassette tapes.

In Chernarus you can find many radios in houses. Wouldn't it be nice to find an 90' gettoblaster and play and record cassette tapes?. Memo recorders would be cool as well!

Anyway I mostly want realistic interior car sounds, second, car radio cassette players.

the-man-behind-the-awesome-flamethrower-

>Coming soon to DayZ.....

On 1/6/2017 at 2:44 PM, Sqeezorz said:

^ This...

Post-apocalypse, I'm leaving my recorded music items where they're at... It's just added bulk and crap. I'm not about to lug around a bunch of CDs and cassettes in hopes of finding a working CD/Cassette player... An MP3 player wouldn't be a terrible idea in a survival situation as creature comforts can boost morale and thus survivability of said situation, but practically-speaking, I'd rather bring a device that makes music, like a harmonica or jaw harp (I actually have a Vietnamese dan moi that I like playing in the sticks)... If I washed up on the beach of Chernarus tomorrow for realsies, though, and I came across music items, I'd most definitely pass them over for more practical items; food, first aid, water, guns, ammo, warmth, etc...

As for radio stations, it might be neat to have some emergency broadcast in Russian, but seeing as how the only life you find in Day Z are zombies and people who are gonna kill you for luls, I doubt 96.5 The Heat is playing Led Zeppelin's greatest hits..... ;)

Edited by t3h_kgb

39 minutes ago, t3h_kgb said:

the-man-behind-the-awesome-flamethrower-

>Coming soon to DayZ.....

Yes! This 100%! I don't even care if it doesn't fit in with the theme of DayZ. I want!

Edited by OliverPlotTwist