Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137022

36 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

anyone been testing tents? do Vehicles always spawn ready to drive?

Some servers don't have persistence enabled, and there's no indication of which ones have it on or off, so you need to test it to know. Sadly, until they all have it enabled and we need to test it further more, it's really not a priority.

As for vehicles, all the ones I found were damaged and showed "ruined" parts such as tires as "pristine". I did try to fix a few with tire repair kits, adding a battery and spark plug, but they wouldn't even start. So unless you're lucky and find a freshly spawned one, then it's another tough feature to "test".

i found a Lada and 2 V3s ready to drive, with tireiron and tire repair kit, the lada also had a spare

6 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Some servers don't have persistence enabled, and there's no indication of which ones have it on or off, so you need to test it to know. Sadly, until they all have it enabled and we need to test it further more, it's really not a priority.

As for vehicles, all the ones I found were damaged and showed "ruined" parts such as tires as "pristine". I did try to fix a few with tire repair kits, adding a battery and spark plug, but they wouldn't even start. So unless you're lucky and find a freshly spawned one, then it's another tough feature to "test".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

I've only played  on SC-02, but all the spawned vehicles I have found were ready to go - even if they showed damaged tires or even ruined batteries (or no glow plug) - just hop in and go.  SC-02 does not have persistent vehicles.  Barrels are persistent.  I have a tent up, but won't know until the server resets in about 2 hours.

ETA:  Forgot, the server crashed earlier; yet my tent is still there.  I'm calling tents persistent on SC-02.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

For this iteration of experimental vehicles spawn complete (don't get used to that).  SW-05 a tent I set up has persisted.  On SNG-01 a barrel I set up did not persist.  The off road capabilities of the Lada 4x are shit.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

We tested vehicle spawns on a fresh server after the update two days ago, and noticed yesterday that the 16 vehicle spawns we documented were not all occupied by vehicles the next day.  It looks like the vehicle spawn positions are currently randomized upon server restarts, as they should be.

For what it is worth, we found 3 Ladas, 2 sedans, 4 busses,5 V3S chassis, and 2 V3S cargos.  I'm going to guess that the server is populated with 25 vehicles total this patch, 5 of each.  If we get enough uptime this weekend, and enough of the usual suspects online at once, I'll try to pin these numbers down with more certainty.

Also, the Tisy military base has some very bad issues with curbs, preventing all but the V3S from being able to easily traverse the base.  Those little concrete slab paths masquerading as roads are a nightmare trying to drive a bus along them; losing traction every few feet.
The tiny curbs will easily catch a vehicle up, like the little square concrete bollards/stanchions along the curves of roadways, and will destroy most wheels hitting them, even at a fairly modest speed.

The client-side predictions for vehicle paths cause some very strange apparitions.  I was following Biohaze in a sedan, and gave him 10 seconds to get clear before I started, and it appeared that his truck teleported back onto my sedan and flipped over; Biohaze reported seeing nothing.
Later, as I was following him south from Novy Lug, up the curvy road to Altar, his truck again appeared right in front of me; I appeared to hit the back of it, and send him careening off the side of the road; again, Bio reported seeing nothing.  He was nearly two minutes ahead of me at this point.

It doesn't appear to cause any damage from clientside vehicle apparitions, but they are certainly good for some jump scares.  Gonna have to add astronaut diapers to the game if this stays a thing for too long.  : P

• Like 4

an infected had clipped into the lada and stayed there after i got out, the lada began to rotate clock wise viewed fro the starboard side, clipping into the ground and got about 90 degrees before i shot the infected allowing the vehicle to return to normal. anyone else see strange interactions between vehicles and infected?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

an infected had clipped into the lada and stayed there after i got out, the lada began to rotate clock wise viewed fro the starboard side, clipping into the ground and got about 90 degrees before i shot the infected allowing the vehicle to return to normal. anyone else see strange interactions between vehicles and infected?

Back on the holiday Exp patch, I parked a truck on top of the center one of the three platforms at Tisy.  When I came back to the truck, I had two infected in-tow, and decided I'd just get in the truck instead of dealing with them.

As soon as I cranked the engine, my truck dropped to the ground below, ruining it beyond all repair; but no apparent damage to my character.

I haven't gotten around to trying to duplicate it.

• Like 2

Hey guys! I've been playing on a RP server for a bit, but I've been curious how EXP is going! 

From a player's perspective, what are the last glaring issues of .61? On Stable, everything is pretty damn manageable! The Infected's large perception gain is a bit surprising, but I could live with it if it's intended ^_^

Today i died once again on an invisible zed. I managed to to lock him up with me in a container, so i could hit him one time. then he killed me. Thats the hardest quest: fighting invisible enemy!  I got 7-8 hits bevore  i got the first time unconcius, came back, and after 3 more hits, istant dead. Had a cowboyhat and a military clothes and a west. After 1st unconcious everything was ruined. Maybe thats why i survived so many hits.

I also had 2 Trucks and an Lada Taiga today. Zeds on and in the car as usual, they stuck in there even if i leave car. I shot the Zeds in and on my car, and the trucks didnt fly away like the last times. Think theres something done to the vehicles.  The truck is too slow (for me). I couldnt shift to 4th gear at NWA. Its plane ground on the runway. Downhill i could shift to 4th gear.647962F466E870F29DA46B44185D26499C3E3C0BCC7FB36EBA26EC52E89E2F2F35DA2F14A0FEF121

There were realy less cars on "DayZ UK 0-6"-server. I wanted to go to another server where maybe more cars are, but there was such abeutifull rain and i had a nice game just surviving Zeds and wolfs chasing me in a truck that drove only 20Km/h in the rain. I finished them all from inside a house in Polesovo with my Blaze. :-) 

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 5

When shifting sometimes it's good to hold down the "shift" key.  It acts like a turbo for vehicles.  I have no issues getting the V3S into 4th gear.

^^^What he said.  Full turbo, full-time; no issues.  If you are having trouble on hilly terrain, just counter-steer continuously in a serpentine fashion to gain enough speed to gear up.

This advice does not apply to the sedan or Lada.  Both of these vehicles have major traction issues, especially on grassy or wooded terrain.  Curious, given that one of them is an offroad hatchback.

Are we very far from getting Cars onto Stable? :o

It's my only question and concern xD 

8 hours ago, barnabus said:

When shifting sometimes it's good to hold down the "shift" key.

When shifting, then "shift".  Thanks, thats too easy for me to figure out on my own.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

^^^What he said.  Full turbo, full-time; no issues.  If you are having trouble on hilly terrain, just counter-steer continuously in a serpentine fashion to gain enough speed to gear up.

This advice does not apply to the sedan or Lada.  Both of these vehicles have major traction issues, especially on grassy or wooded terrain.  Curious, given that one of them is an offroad hatchback.

The offroad hatchback has more power and way better traction on grass than the sedan i think. I want to find and drive a Bus finally!

There is much work to do on wehicles. Meanwhile the "flying away", bouncing is fixed. Also the handling and  FPS getting even better i think. Maybe some desync and interaction between my toon, the car and the ground will be fixed with new playercontroller.

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Oh come onnnnnnn, they are both great for drifting, right @starvingart? :P

They indeed need some work but I would prefer the lada and sedan over the truck and the bus. I think I haven't tried any other vehicles but I did notice yesterday the acceleration on the lada has been improved. When you shift up it doesn't take away as much speed as it did before.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goateswyn said:

When shifting, then "shift".  Thanks, thats too easy for me to figure out on my own.

The offroad hatchback has more power and way better traction on grass than the sedan i think. I want to find and drive a Bus finally!

There is much work to do on wehicles. Meanwhile the "flying away", bouncing is fixed. Also the handling and  FPS getting even better i think. Maybe some desync and interaction between my toon, the car and the ground will be fixed with new playercontroller.

The bus is great now, just don't try to take it over railway tracks at anything under 60km/h or you'll be walking the rest of the way!

Gear ratios are way off just now too, and the "feel" of shifting is awful. They function well though!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Espa said:

Are we very far from getting Cars onto Stable? :o

It's my only question and concern xD 

Not if Zeds flip a vehicle, and arrows turn one over we are no where near stable.

If vehicles can not get over 10mph, 10 kms whatever in first gear we have an issue with that one too. The slopes are too high and the truck just might as well be blown up.

Replacing wheels, and parts if it causes the vehicles to flip, we have a problem

Pretty much one of the reasons i begged... not asked but begged they be taken off was because they could not perform, upgrade, sync, correctly.

I refused to try one, other then the lada, hatchback etc.. but is the bus, v3s, working better? <--- i really hope so.

Oh and when a bus can not drive over a small railroad track embed into the road, it is not ready.

All these things need, no sorry DO not need, but are expected prior to stable. Anything else you dream is a bonus fix me prior to stable.

You will hear nothing but complaints again, if the vehicles are not somewhat ready for beta...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

-Snip-

Very fair argument. Cars have to be ready for Stable and I'm assuming these are some of the lasting changes they want to make to have a good impression on the player base they hope to excite to the game.

So you're thinking this may take quite some time to achieve =/ Damn, that sucks, but it would make sense if there's many issues that are hard to address.

• Like 1

Well like i was saying before, unless the v3s can climb a higher speed from 1st to 2nd and drive over the steep hills it is not ready. We had vehicles in what 3-4 times now? the mechanics are pretty much ready, just tweaked.

But if i cause a bus to do a full 360deg when i replace the tires??? no where near ready.

Good pvp story though....... I killed the dude after i put a bus wheel on.

On 1/7/2017 at 7:43 AM, koffeekage said:

I'm hoping they will show something about this in the upcoming status report.

So keen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ori42 said:

Any eta on dense forest? :)

What you're asking about won't be in until 0.62 as that's when they plan on doing environmental updates.

• Like 1

Survivors! We need your help again. Can you fill up this Experimental server please?
DE 0-1 188.138.40.105:2302

Edited by Baty Alquawen

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Survivors! We need your help again. Can you fill up this Experimental server please?

Hello i'm on it !

Some punch are delayed  (when I punch on tree hit sound is delayed )

Bye !

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Ok i will for a hr or so.

I just snow plowed out 2 feet of snow in 1 night.... i am exhausted the driveway is over 40 feet long, As much in the back yard too :(

FPS is decent, not sure whats on DE that is different you need tested for?

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

i can drink fast from wells but cant search fast apples?