Baty Alquawen

Stable Branch 0.61.136960

Hello Survivors!

Let's talk about new Stable update from yesterday.

Changes:

- Testing fix for one cause of stuck character status
- Attempted fix for common server crash
- Testing fix for wolves killing players who have disconnected
- Correction of sun position

Have you noticed any of these issues on Stable branche now?

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 3

Have not had a status bug at all and i played the entire day yesterday which is great. but have noticed zombies aggroing from the middle of nowhere on to me even when crouching and behind stuff. ive also realised them doing a lot of bone damage which is really cool. but the random aggro from far away even when in cover and stealthing is not cool :P

• Like 1

As a reminder to anyone who hasn't already gotten the message: vehicles are NOT enabled for the Stable branch just yet.

I was hoping for fireplace bug fix. I guess not this time. 

Havent tried this update yet, Im still looking for vehicle on experimental.

People on reddit complain about infected being to strong and aggro easier - wellcome to dayz.

Edited by igor-vk

something is really broken with zombies, they attack you even if you are stretch on the ground. I'm ok they need a buff but now they have bionic vision and are too much agressive and fast. Need adjustement please

• Like 1

I would like to see a feature post about where the infected are headed. im pretty sure the attacking on the ground thing is a feature, they also attack you when they're crawling, i imagine that they will need a better animation that matches their new sprint speed unless they arent actually supposed to be that fast. I hope they get the vehicle collision with infected fixed not being able to shoot out the car and not being able to run them over makes going near the towns prohibitive. when they start to kick in doors we are all pretty fucked.

Infected are very intelligent in this update. . and I love it haha. They come searching for noises from a pretty good distance! 

Two examples! 

I was searching inside of a two story house RUNNING around while standing, at night. I heard the Infected outside the house. . and then heard it coming closer, but not in angry pursuit. I saw it come in and then go to the other room to check it, when it came back out it saw me and I had to shoot it.

Another was, I was sneaking through Cherno and noticed that I could only Slow Crouch move if I didn't want them to see me - Moving faster, and they def would. 

• Like 2

It's difficult to provide feedback on the zombie AI because it's hard to know what behavior is and is not intentional.  Also, if you suggest something isn't quite right on the difficulty side, you get other survivors questioning your manhood. :)

The zombies definitely have been buffed with regards to damage, which is great.  On servers that aren't having load issues, they are also much more aggressive, which is also great.

I have noticed some scenarios where a zombie aggros when as a player I wouldn't think they would.  I had a zombie aggro me from quite a distance (50-75m?) while I was crouch walking near cover.  In fact there were several other zombies closer to me that were oblivious.  Not a huge deal and I was able to deal with the zombie, of course, but it didn't feel quite right as a player of a video game, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

last experience right now: i was crouch at the first stair of a red house looking at the window. A zombie come in the road and suddenly run to me very fast, it attack and push me out of the window so i died..once again, Z need serious tweaks 

4 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello Survivors!

Let's talk about new Stable update from yesterday.

Changes:

- Testing fix for one cause of stuck character status
- Attempted fix for common server crash
- Testing fix for wolves killing players who have disconnected
- Correction of sun position

Have you noticed any of these issues on Stable branche now?

Baty Alquawen are you sure with this changes only ? Because i see changes with bigger distance activation of zobmies and they are a bit faster.

I was today on zombie mission. Started in Berezino north all along the great road to the north, then to Tishy. I took a shotgun in Milbase Kamensk. All Zombis killed with melee weapons. Fist, knife, ice ax and ax. It was about 30-40 zombis ... they were very different in aggro behavior. From blind to clairvoyant, it had represented everything. The battles were all free from laags and desynch except for 3. Only the fear of the wolves was always there in Kamenka. Now I stand 2 miles before Tishybase ... I'm curious if I make it through the base to the radar ... live..when it goes west down to Kamenka.

Is it intended for the zombie to ruin a vest also with assault rifle mags inside with his bare hands ? or is it a bug ?

9 hours ago, iekiek said:

last experience right now: i was crouch at the first stair of a red house looking at the window. A zombie come in the road and suddenly run to me very fast, it attack and push me out of the window so i died..once again, Z need serious tweaks 

yeah I had that same thing happen.  was upstairs in a multi-story building and a zombie crawler (the ones that could push a fucking bus with their forehead) shoved me through the wall to the ground where my legs broke and like 10 zombies immediately aggro'd (presumably by the snap noise my legbones made) and I died very very quickly.

Infected are broken this update. To the unreal side of things

Looks like they see trough walls/textures, even when walking crouched, is that or they are way too sensitive to sounds which means that steps sounds should be improved to the stealth side. I mean one walks crouched to avoid noice, but it still sounds like you´re trying to kill roaches with coconuts on your feet...

They have now an enormous sight, they aggro from a really big distance, even when crouched and fully camouflaged. 

Also they have like a 3x speed boost when they see you, like if someone pressed fast forward on their animation :/

Guys if these changes are intended, please info people about that, because it´s almost impossible to sneak through a town full of infected and players because infected see you through walls and start screaming -.-

I´m all in for more difficult infected, but not in an unreal way where they have super human abilities 

Edited by exwoll

I was sneaking around Zeleno taking out aggros with my stick when I run up on the military base and see a dead zombie on the ground. I sprint around to the back of one of the double door barracks and sit there silently, then I hear a light shuffling of feet on the inside of the barracks. I stayed still until he ran out and since I was only armed with a derringer, sprinted off. A few seconds later I hear 4-5 AK shots and no return fire, probably bait. I make my way to Myshkino tents and loot quickly. Running around tents eventually got 7 zombies on me so I decided to have a bit of fun and take out all the zombies with my Derringer. I headed to Myshkino town and do some looting and found a CR527 with magazine and scope. Just as I'm about to leave, I hear steady barrage of shots in the tents area, so I decide to double back and see what's up. I scoped from east hill and sure enough there were several dead zombies around, he probably headed to NWAF. I head back up eastern hill and see a guy in a tree ahead. It was the AK man, organizing what would soon be my loot.

I played about 30h on this new patch.

Infected are broken ... The area where they are spotting you is too much random and their power was increase as hell !  Vest always ruined and one of this pretty guys punch me and i receive an instant death even if my status were full green and my blood was full too.

Fire in houses is not fix. It's pretty annoying because it's rainnning often ...

After that, the game has random crash ... often when you join a server and when you leave the game.

Sometimes you have some area where you have 5 fps and you have 80% chance to crash. It's not a client problem because we are playing as team and all my colleague has this problem.

It's pretty hard to understand how this features was accepted in exp and be export to stable.  

Another thing, can you post soon a heatmap ? I have the felling that people always do the same road berezino/Gorka/Novy/Stary/Vybor/NWAF. West side of the map is empty of survivors ... 

Thanks ! 

Edited by evilz_37

2 hours ago, evilz_37 said:

I played about 30h on this new patch.

Infected are broken ... The area where they are spotting you is too much random and their power was increase as hell !  Vest always ruined and one of this pretty guys punch me and i receive an instant death even if my status were full green and my blood was full too.

Fire in houses is not fix. It's pretty annoying because it's rainnning often ...

After that, the game has random crash ... often when you join a server and when you leave the game.

Sometimes you have some area where you have 5 fps and you have 80% chance to crash. It's not a client problem because we are playing as team and all my colleague has this problem.

It's pretty hard to understand how this features was accepted in exp and be export to stable.  

Another thing, can you post soon a heatmap ? I have the felling that people always do the same road berezino/Gorka/Novy/Stary/Vybor/NWAF. West side of the map is empty of survivors ... 

Thanks ! 

i'm pretty sure you died because of your bone condition (check wobo video), i saw the live stream, you got hit multiple times before by infecteds, bibix died the same way. i agree that it's somewhat a radom death but it's directly linked to the number of hits you took. i would prefer heavier blood loss from infecteds hits so the damages taken would be easier to quantify than the "invisible" bone stat.

for the heatmap, i feel that players are more spread on 0.61 than on 0.60. the north road that was almost empty on 0.60 is now mutch more populated now with tisy being the hotspot for high end weapons. people running from cherno to myshkino in a few minutes on 0.60 was less interesting in my opinion. i feel that every map change is spreading players on the map a little bit more, it's still not perfect but going in the right direction, even if it's harder to get reliable PVP form streamers.

keep on the streams, we have fun watching you guys !

Zombies are utter shit right now, they were fine and aggresive enough on stable when .61 released few weeks ago. Today, just picking some apples and eating them aggrod 4 zombies even silent amphibia shots got me more then 7 aggro on Tisy. I thought experimental was for testing, seems stable is too lol.

Fireplaces are fixed on EXP, should be translating over soonish. 

I don't dislike the Infected aggro at all, but I do wish it was about Half of what it is during the night-time to allow real sneaking. Perhaps even muffle the Crouch Walk noise creation.

Their damage is a bitttt over the top - Should only be pushing Pristine or Worn to Damaged on first strike. - If the good is Damaged, it should be potential to rip it into Ruined.

Also, raincoats are working like Ponchos - Keeping every part of your body rain-proof, despite having shoes, pants, hat, gloves that could all get wet. . - We need to fix this because getting a Raincoat should not feel like God-mode compared to when you started off. Fires should still have to be made, just less because you're way less capable of freezing or getting soaked. 

Also. . When the hell are Infected going to be beating down doors?? I want that nowz - Kill me more, Infected! 

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Espa said:

Fireplaces are fixed on EXP, should be translating over soonish. 

I don't dislike the Infected aggro at all, but I do wish it was about Half of what it is during the night-time to allow real sneaking. Perhaps even muffle the Crouch Walk noise creation.

Their damage is a bitttt over the top - Should only be pushing Pristine or Worn to Damaged on first strike. - If the good is Damaged, it should be potential to rip it into Ruined.

Also, raincoats are working like Ponchos - Keeping every part of your body rain-proof, despite having shoes, pants, hat, gloves that could all get wet. . - We need to fix this because getting a Raincoat should not feel like God-mode compared to when you started off. Fires should still have to be made, just less because you're way less capable of freezing or getting soaked. 

Also. . When the hell are Infected going to be beating down doors?? I want that nowz - Kill me more, Infected! 

Yaeah their night vision should be limited, but balanced with noise detection, since theres less ambien sounds at night.

Also 100% agree with raincoats, people should get waterproof boots too, and wet footwear should wear out faster than dry one :3

• Like 1

the majority of the infected sensory perception is sound, i opened a soda and it aggro'd an infected. when dealing with rain if you dont move then you dont get wet, so just stay put some people assume standing under trees is the answer but its just staying still that is the key, also your temperature is effected by your bodys wetness, it you continually don and doff wet gear and wring them dry then your dryness will be accelerated and you will slow or stop cooling off, having a bandana mask is good for this. also pants seem to need to be placed on the ground then wrung dry and equipped. the rain isnt insanely OP we just need to star playing right. so running around in the rain getting soaked trying to gather fire wood may not be the answer for every scenario.

Yep not liking the way zeds damage your kit so quickly.  Surely the zeds should be doing more damage to us and less on are items.  Didn't the devs learn from the last time they did that? And I'm starting to hate the just about constant bleed damage you get after being hit by a zed. I would prefer less chance of bleed on a zed hit and substitute that with a higher bleed rate when the do damage that causes a bleed wound.  I do hope they fix this quickly.  I'm surprised they have brought it on to stable.  I don't like having a whinge and I no the game is in development, but surely the zeds should have been tested out on exp first.  Their current iteration has put a bit of a dampener on the game for me at the moment.

Most fresh spawns now don't much hope. A fresh spawn in the rain has NO chance.

I had a player on Stable .61 living for a pretty good run.

You managed to kill him in 15 minutes after the patch on Stable,

Why not do that crap on Experimental only?

I like the new AI of the Zeds. They have become something more intelligent. The sneak and hiding works well. Seemingly they see me much faster when I'm in 3pp than in 1pp ... it's almost as they can also switch with 1pp and 3pp. I guess if the equipment gets hurt that they have landed a critical hit, so the bone system is broken, which means then a while to be particularly careful. The rain is violent, but I do as in real life ... quickly under a tree ... and make a fire. DayZ must now be played a bit slower and more cautious ... then the survival will work out well.

• Like 1

With the upgrade of 80mb now the Zetas become very bad (superheroes) with super speed and super strength  and super hearing and super view, I like the difficulty but this is unreal and imposible completely. Lately Dayz.exe memory error and crashing and character sometimes appears with a black face without texture and last but not least, I think that should be optimized much more since there are still places of 30/40 fps

Edited by elgui