Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136950

First of 2017!

- Testing fix for one cause of stuck character status
- Attempted fix for common server crash
- Testing fix for wolves killing players who have disconnected
- Correction of sun position

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

• Like 14

Thanks for the new EXP Update, Brian and Devs!~ Really appreciate all the hard word you guys are doing, the game is about ready to explode in popularity once again ^_^ Can't wait to see what other surprises you guys have in store.

Also, hope you feel better from your car accident, dude. That sucks! But hey, at least you got the crap out of the way at the beginning of the year! 

One thing I believe needs updating is the Noise Detection Radius for the Infected. They're simply way too deaf and aren't providing as much a threat anymore when you fire off weapons. In certain areas, when clustered, a good 5-10 can come. . And that's awesome! But too many times have I shot a gun, turned around a wall and saw a zombie just pacing there. . Not more than 30-50 meters from my location. 

Infected need to be able to respond to shots made within at least 200-300 meters make the necessary fear factor. 

(P.S. - We getting SR today?)

Edited by Espa
  • Like 2

perfect timing i have whole week of work, kids and wife gone for 3 days, about to enjoy some EXP

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Testing fix for wolves killing players who have disconnected

I have mixed feelings with this one. It ensures that players don't combat log when being attacked by wolves. However it would suck very hard if you would die due to this mechanic because your game crashed or you lost your internet connection.

On another note, do people still die when they log off when being shot unconscious and/or tied up? We shot someone unconscious last week and tied him up but a few seconds later he disappeared. They all said that if you would log off when you're tied up or shot unconscious that your character would die to prevent combat logging.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, IMT said:

I have mixed feelings with this one. It ensures that players don't combat log when being attacked by wolves. However it would suck very hard if you would die due to this mechanic because your game crashed or you lost your internet connection.

On another note, do people still die when they log off when being shot unconscious and/or tied up? We shot someone unconscious last week and tied him up but a few seconds later he disappeared. They all said that if you would log off when you're tied up or shot unconscious that your character would die to prevent combat logging.

the problem with this was, that it even occured with players that logged out in a place where they were unreachable for the wolves. imagine you log off in a closed building, but get aggroed by wolves you didn't even notice.

sure if you get attacked by wolves out in the woods and logg of it should kill you. but not because you had the aggro, but because your character stays ingame for a short time and they tear you apart in that time

Hmmm. Server side disconnect must be handled differently than client side disconnect. In relation to the Char hive. Then the thing looks different. The best would be no server crash ^^.

Yeah looks like the update finally came through and servers are coming up and working.

For the record, persistence seemed to have been wiped which is expected.  But I didn't get a character wipe which was unexpected.

Gooooooood, rain is anoying!!!

I survived this: http://imgur.com/Y0Q7O60 

but was killed by zombies later. I noticed there are quite few houses with two or three weapos in them on the Elektro coast.

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 2

I survived another hypothermia with 1200 energy. Since that I'm carefully searching for a raincoat but no luck so far. Since I don't want to risk any encounters with the infected I get some training with the bow. I think I found only 3 cans of food, so apples and chicken are very important.

I did not notice any unusual crashes or other performance issues (but I think I was alone on DE-2).

I think I just died purely to infected strikes for the first time since the MOD!

Hooray!

I spawned in with all my gear (boo!) and headed to Myshkino tents as I was nearby.

When I arrived I watched the infected and found less than 10 walking around.

My initial instinct was to stealth and melee when needed but I had to try to be Rambo and kill them all with shotgun/cr75.

I shot one from the edge of the base on the West side with the shotgun and killed about a half dozen in 2 waves and then bandaged and reloaded.

I thought there could only be a few left so I wasn't too worried at this point and took out the CR75.

A couple more got in close and started me bleeding again, as I tried to put some distance between myself and a third wave of infected I heard what sounded like A LOT of aggro'd infected and made a wide arc to find I had a horde of 15-20 following me!

I emptied most of the CR mag and probably killed close to half before running for the tents in hopes of some luck climbing a ladder.

Cornered in a camo covered structure grabbing at the ladder, red blotches, followed by death.

*My only issue with this encounter is the fact that I did not see nearly that many infected when I approached and there just isn't enough buildings to obscure so many hiding inside.

It seems the game spawned them in, almost triggered by aggro I created, just to make things more difficult.

If the surrounding woods had as many wandering infected it would not be so immersion breaking and one could make a more accurate assessment of the danger an area presents.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

Yeah the zombie blockading thing seems to be a bit OP at the moment. I got trapped in a house by zombies and shot 3 of them to clear a visible path but it seemed the zombies to my sides were also somehow blocking me and I couldn't get out.

4 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Do vehicles have persistence?

there is , depends on servers sometimes if they schedule a restart with wipes

Assuming SC-02 restarted on schedule at 6 am Central (noon in London), then barrels are at least persistant.  Haven't been able to check cars yet.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

I just got another small update, no character wipe.

Yes, small update, a version is now same as on Stable branch + EXP branch has vehicles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Yes, small update, a version is now same as on Stable branch + EXP branch has vehicles.

What's the difference between 136950 and 136960?