Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136950

18 minutes ago, tenmbits said:

What's the difference between 136950 and 136960?

One more change for stuck character status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

One more change for stuck character status.

Any word on this weeks status report ? I can't find it anywhere on the forums .

We're all enjoying watching, reading, and hearing about your adventures in the latest change to Stable branch DayZ and we hope you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday break. This will be our last Status Report until January 10th, so see you all in the new year!

Bottom of last status report.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Any word on this weeks status report ? I can't find it anywhere on the forums .

Next week

• Like 1

It seems like the zombies are either broken or extremely buffed they can one shot pristine clothes and helmets and vests into ruin.

just got 2 shot by a zed at NWAF! I have never since I have first played Dayz been killed by one zed so fast! and they also can agro to you from great distances as well.  please tell me this is not how zeds are suppose to be now

Edited by kosdeath

will there be a visual and animation update to the zombies when the new player controllers are installed? Is that a different module? Is that even in the radar? 

ima move this statement to another forum post its really got nothing to do with .61

Edited by koffeekage

Sun positioning fix? Are we getting a Facebug fix anytime soon, glaring issue that seems like its just being thrown to the side, and overlooked.

I just got one shotted by a zombie while having a 2500+ blood and 4800~ health. Not sure if i'm typing this to the right section.

Kind of curious, but. . Will the Rain ever get pants, shoes, hat Wet when wearing a water-proof torso?

I've been thinking that the absolute immunity to wetness while wearing a top that can't get wet is a bit silly. . Especially when other goods could still get you Wet, albeit at a slower pace, and get you to Cold and further Statuses. 

Am I crazy? Haha

• Like 4

Wolves chased my V3S, I can see that, but they were attacking it too.  Server reset before I had a chance to check tires for damage.  That was fun, was driving through Tisy Base and pulled both wolves and zeds.   Also, had a bunch of zeds chase the truck from the radar site up to the entrance of the small electrical area between the site and Tisy Base.

If you haven't seen wolves yet Tisy base seems to be the go to spot, especially the area that has the barracks.  I know that if I hear them howling they are most likely stalking me.  I find a house or a deer blind to shoot them from.  I've noticed that killing three of them makes the rest R-U-N-N-O-F-T proving that dogs are smarter than people.

And yeah, zeds are a lot more powerful it seems.  Got trapped by two in a tent where my axe was useless, could not get out into the open, they knocked me out twice in quick succession and then I guess I bled out because I got the you are dead screen.  They are also pretty quick to ruin gear.  That said it seems uneven performance on their part, some seem like Tasmanian devils with their strikes and others seem exceptionally slow to even react or aggro.. 

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Espa said:

Kind of curious, but. . Will the Rain ever get pants, shoes, hat Wet when wearing a water-proof torso?

I've been thinking that the absolute immunity to wetness while wearing a top that can't get wet is a bit silly. . Especially when other goods could still get you Wet, albeit at a slower pace, and get you to Cold and further Statuses. 

Am I crazy? Haha

I've noticed this change too:  The raincoat is working like a poncho with a hood, it keeps everything dry from the rain - even your hat and your vest.  Even though the vest appears (and should be) outside of the raincoat it seems to have absorbed the raincoat's waterproof properties (no pun intended)

imo a raincoat should improve your resistance to wetness considerably, perhaps more than any other item but it shouldn't make you completely impervious to the rain with that single item.   To become completely waterproof you should have to seek and choose all of the necessary components.   

On that note, I'd like to see more clothes/accessories of the waterproof variety:  

A) More than one pair of waterproof pants in the game.

B) A few more waterproof hats (not just helmets) 

C) Neoprene work gloves, dishwashing/cleaning gloves or latex medical gloves 

D) Socks?

Commonly referred to by fishermen as skins, these heavy PVC badboys will keep you dryer than Aunt Margaret's holiday turkey!    Found in any coastal/fishing town.  Has very limited inventory space. 

Also available in yolo bright yellow and end-game-rare dark green!

NXdPHqu.jpg

Socks.

UIRihWg.jpg

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

So, there appears to be no vehicle persistence on SC-02 (the US first person server). Is that correct?

Correct.

Yesterday we had many of the vehicles on that server wrangled up in one area and had accounted for 15 or 16 of the vehicles on the server.

After a server restart both vehicles in my personal vicinity had disappeared and a nearby sedan spawn now had a sedan.

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Correct.

Yesterday we had many of the vehicles on that server wrangled up in one area and had accounted for 15 or 16 of the vehicles on the server.

After a server restart both vehicles in my personal vicinity had disappeared and a nearby sedan spawn now had a sedan.

Sucks, but good to hear.  Glad you mooks didn't wreck all those vehicles after I logged.  :D

Barrels on the other hand are persistent. 

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I own a pair of the end game green IRL and they are truly bullet proof (*see also waterproof)!

The only issue is you eventually build up sweat moisture under these when working for any period of time but warm + wet is always > cold + wet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I've noticed this change too:  The raincoat is working like a poncho with a hood, it keeps everything dry from the rain - even your hat and your vest.  Even though the vest appears (and should be) outside of the raincoat it seems to have absorbed the raincoat's waterproof properties (no pun intended)

Reveal hidden contents

Socks.

UIRihWg.jpg

I've always hoped that rain wear would go over normal clothing, keeping you dry, but limiting access to your inventory - When I throw on a rain slicker over clothes, that's how it generally works.

• Like 2

And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, who put the "holster" and "throw" keys right next to each other; and why am I too stupid to remap them even after having thrown my silenced pistol in the tall grass multiple times???  :D

18 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

When I throw on a rain slicker over clothes, that's how it generally works.

Unfortunately, layering was shot down by the devs a long time ago.

One of the reasons given was how difficult/time consuming it would be to make sure clothes don't graphically clip into each other.

Though they haven't mentioned it, maybe some more recent changes to the game have made this more possible.... I'm not holding my breath. :/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kosdeath said:

It seems like the zombies are either broken or extremely buffed they can one shot pristine clothes and helmets and vests into ruin.

just got 2 shot by a zed at NWAF! I have never since I have first played Dayz been killed by one zed so fast! and they also can agro to you from great distances as well.  please tell me this is not how zeds are suppose to be now

I hope it's not. I don't mind a bit powerful infected but gear going from pristine to ruined by 1 hit is just a no go for me. I really wonder what the point of looting is if it gets ruined that quickly. I hope it's just a bug  or just for testing/gathering data and not intentional or here for keeps.

Although maybe there is a bug with updating the status of the clothing or something else. I would just repair your gear on a regular basis and if it still happens we can call it unbalanced.

10 hours ago, Espa said:

Am I crazy? Haha

3 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

imo a raincoat should improve your resistance to wetness considerably, perhaps more than any other item but it shouldn't make you completely impervious to the rain with that single item.   To become completely waterproof you should have to seek and choose all of the necessary components.   

On that note, I'd like to see more clothes/accessories of the waterproof variety:  

A) More than one pair of waterproof pants in the game.

B) A few more waterproof hats (not just helmets) 

C) Neoprene work gloves, dishwashing/cleaning gloves or latex medical gloves 

D) Socks?

Reveal hidden contents

Commonly referred to by fishermen as skins, these heavy PVC badboys will keep you dryer than Aunt Margaret's holiday turkey!    Found in any coastal/fishing town.  Has very limited inventory space. 

NXdPHqu.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Socks.

UIRihWg.jpg

I kind of like it how it's now but on the other hand I want it changed as well. But what I rather have is a bit more realism. I don't know about you guys but if it's raining outside I don't switch my clothing for rainproof gear but it goes rather on top of my jacket, sweater, etc. And the rainproof pants goes over my regular pants, etc. I don't want the game to turn in a game where the only thing you carry is an entire wardrobe of clothing to counter all the possible weather situations. In real life I have this very small bag which can carry both the raincoat and the rainproof pants which keeps me entirely dry except for my shoes but those won't get myself as an person wet or cold unless you have the wrong shoes.

Maybe also add umbrellas to the game?

2 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Sucks, but good to hear.  Glad you mooks didn't wreck all those vehicles after I logged.  :D

Barrels on the other hand are persistent. 

Well I'll be damned, I couldn't find the darn thing yesterday. So the barrel was still there? That's good to know. I thought persistence for SC 0-2 was disabled but if the barrel is still there then it's on I guess.

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Unfortunately, layering was shot down by the devs a long time ago.

One of the reasons given was how difficult/time consuming it would be to make sure clothes don't graphically clip into each other.

Though they haven't mentioned it, maybe some more recent changes to the game have made this more possible.... I'm not holding my breath. :/

That's unfortunate but I hope it stays the way it is then. I don't want to carry a seperate headpiece, top, vest, pants, gloves and shoes just for the rain which is not that often.

Edited by IMT

I think it's ok for a zombie to do massive bodily harm in a single strike AND ruin clothes in a single strike but it should be a rare occurrence.

I could tear many types of clothes right off a persons body if I really wanted to.....

Denim, canvas, leather, rip stop Nylon, not so much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I own a pair of the end game green IRL and they are truly bullet proof (*see also waterproof)!

The only issue is you eventually build up sweat moisture under these when working for any period of time but warm + wet is always > cold + wet.

Exactly, you get, eventually just as wet wearing wet weather gear as you have if you didn't wear it.

Never much of a fan of any kind of helmet, but after getting myself finally back to full blood and nearly full health(good to see that re gening) my hat got ruined, I took it off and the next hit when I was crouched(you have to crouch all day now) killed me one shot.

So wear helmets they are not just for the pvp kiddies now.

and brass knuckles do not work.

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I think it's ok for a zombie to do massive bodily harm in a single strike AND ruin clothes in a single strike but it should be a rare occurrence.

I could tear many types of clothes right off a persons body if I really wanted to.....

Denim, canvas, leather, rip stop Nylon, not so much.

I partly agree with you but it should be realistic and fun. Imagine you looked hours and hours for that raincoat so you don't have to worry about the rain. Oh shit, aggro. Wham. Ah shit my raincoat is ruined. And 1 minute later it starts raining and you're screwed.

At the moment clothes are pretty much replaceable but imagine that's not the case. If your clothing keeps getting ruined before you even found a new piece then that takes away the fun. Also, what is rare for you? Every other strike? Every 10th strike? Every 100th strike? Once a year?

Tearing someone's clothes off is going to be harder than you think by the way, at least to a ruined condition. It just doesn't make sense that with one hit (they hit you, they don't grab your clothing and pull it) they can make your clothes unusable and beyond repair. I just can't see how that is realistic and fun if it happens too often. If it would take a bit of damage and sometimes a bit more damage and eventually go ruined because of the damage then yes, that makes sense. But going from pristine condition to ruined condition, nah, I don't buy that. I don't think you can rip my big and warm winter jacket off of me before I axed you a few questions, there is no way.

1 hour ago, barnabus said:

Exactly, you get, eventually just as wet wearing wet weather gear as you have if you didn't wear it.

Not quite, there is always the difference of being damp by sweat and being drenched by the rain. You will also not get as cold because generally rainproof gear keeps the wind out as well.

9 hours ago, IMT said:

Not quite, there is always the difference of being damp by sweat and being drenched by the rain. You will also not get as cold because generally rainproof gear keeps the wind out as well.

Hiking jackets claim to be water resistant in game but aren't.  I wasn't taking in game rain gear, I'm talking RL.  Sweaters and watch caps that are wet should keep us warm when wet in game too.  They don't, right now the only water proof items seems to firemans gear and rain jackets.  It's a little ridiculous.  Problem is as soon as you take off wet weather gear you will cool off pretty quick.

Edited by barnabus

Does anyone else dislike the accelerated time schedule?

Edited by barnabus