noobgamer99991

ISSUE WITH WOLVES!!! MUST READ!!!!

Hey everyone, i have an issue that the devs need to look into immediately. Today I was at Cernaya Polana when i spotted a wolf pack. They spotted me so I ran into double red. The wolves were then distracted by a zombie so I thought I could get away from the bastards by logging out and coming back later . So I played Unturned with my buddy for a while then decided to get back on. When I got on, I realized I died from the fucking wolves. I knew the area was secure from players already and a player coming to kill me would obviously be pre-occupied with the wolves while i was logging out, so it couldn't have been the wolves. This has happened before at Pavlovo Military where wolves glitched through the guard house and killed me. I would really like the devs to looks into this, thx.

They killed the zombie and then came after you. You got what you deserved for logging.

• Like 8

How about you try actually playing the game, and accepting the challenge, instead of logging out when there is a threat?

Let's just assume that they chewed through the door and came in to kill and eat you, because you chose the wrong time for your toon to take a nap.  Perhaps it is a bug that they can pass through closed doors, but people also report dying from combat logging to AI (<---ROFFL) after climbing up a ladder.
Did you ever consider the possibility that dying while combat logging to AI is a design decision, rather than a bug.  I mean, you are pretty-much cheating the game by logging out and waiting for the big bad wolves to go away.

I have died to wolves a few times, myself, but never through cowardice.  I did manage to learn not to go into certain areas without adequate guns and ammo to fight my way out of a wolf encounter.  Would you like to see my tent full of wolf steaks?  I have free food literally throwing itself at me lately : )

Here's a few tips:  If you carry around a mil tent, you can deploy it and the wolves will occasionally pass through the door, one at a time, so you can take a stab at killing them with melee weapons.  Similarly, if you go into a house or shed, they can also sometimes manage to get through the door, one by one; so you can deal with them with less pressure.  If you run a figure-8 pattern out in the open by yourself, it makes it harder for the wolves to to hit you, and they will also tend to cluster-up a bit more so you can get more bullets on target in the stressful confusion.  Shotguns kill the wolves with hilariously little effort required on your part.
And most importantly, ALWAYS WEAR ADEQUATE HEAD PROTECTION; crafted leather hat is the best.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Echo4890 said:

They killed the zombie and then came after you. You got what you deserved for logging.

My thoughts exactly lol

I know there are people like the OP but a part of me just refuses to accept it.

Combat log to freaking wolves (and yes, I died from them too), get killed, hop on this forum, fail to even make up a plausible 'going-to-bed' excuse for combat log (and it was bound to earn you shit from us), fail to ask what's up with the wolves or is anyone else bothered by this issue, shout at and whip the devs like you got a majority stock in BI, then fail to acknowledge that you've overreacted and probably should have rephrased your rant... Sometimes I wonder what's going on in the heads of people like you, OP.

Usually I don't indulge in personal disses like that but you made me click this thread with your "wolves, must read" shtick, [later deleted]. Now do what you are wont to do and log out from this forum.

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)

Imo the wolves shouldn't automatically kill you if you combat log, that's way too unreliable people could easily be killed by logging out without realizing there's wolfs close to them.

Just have to make yourself stay logged in for a while so if you do combat log the wolves have a chance of finding you and killing you.

On 1/2/2017 at 9:54 PM, emuthreat said:

How about you try actually playing the game, and accepting the challenge, instead of logging out when there is a threat?

Let's just assume that they chewed through the door and came in to kill and eat you, because you chose the wrong time for your toon to take a nap.  Perhaps it is a bug that they can pass through closed doors, but people also report dying from combat logging to AI (<---ROFFL) after climbing up a ladder.
Did you ever consider the possibility that dying while combat logging to AI is a design decision, rather than a bug.  I mean, you are pretty-much cheating the game by logging out and waiting for the big bad wolves to go away.

I have died to wolves a few times, myself, but never through cowardice.  I did manage to learn not to go into certain areas without adequate guns and ammo to fight my way out of a wolf encounter.  Would you like to see my tent full of wolf steaks?  I have free food literally throwing itself at me lately : )

Here's a few tips:  If you carry around a mil tent, you can deploy it and the wolves will occasionally pass through the door, one at a time, so you can take a stab at killing them with melee weapons.  Similarly, if you go into a house or shed, they can also sometimes manage to get through the door, one by one; so you can deal with them with less pressure.  If you run a figure-8 pattern out in the open by yourself, it makes it harder for the wolves to to hit you, and they will also tend to cluster-up a bit more so you can get more bullets on target in the stressful confusion.  Shotguns kill the wolves with hilariously little effort required on your part.
And most importantly, ALWAYS WEAR ADEQUATE HEAD PROTECTION; crafted leather hat is the best.

A tent will stop wolves for a few minutes, but then they do come in. Gives you time to take them on one by one.  This is a military tent with 4 wolf kills. 

And this is one with small tent and a bear trap. 

• Like 3

Me and a friend of mine have recently faced a wolf pack. We took shelter into a two roomed log barn. The wolves have killed some Z's attracted by the wolves and our gunshots, but they can't pass through the closed door. We cleared the area and left for more quiet places.

All in all it was a nice thrilling experience that could be even more intriguing if happened by night  (like the moorland scene of An american werewolf in London).

Logging off was a not viable option for us.

• Like 1

I was just about to log off after looting Tisy base after a restart.  I really had to use the bathroom. But as I was making my way through the last two barracks in the base, I heard a bark, and knew that I had to kill them before I could go.  So I did...

NO BIG DEAL.