Sign in to follow this  
huuh

Is this bannable?

Hey I'm fairly new to DayZ and I was thinking about making a program to show myself on DayZ's current map, just a simple navigation tool I guess, and i was just wondering is this bannable?

I would imagine anything you do to change/inject/alter code into/out of the game would more than likely get you a ban either by battleeye or steam.

first step showing you next step showing all, then all gear in vicinity mmmmmm wait done before .........................................TROLL

6 hours ago, huuh said:

Hey I'm fairly new to DayZ and I was thinking about making a program to show myself on DayZ's current map, just a simple navigation tool I guess, and i was just wondering is this bannable?

Just keep the IZurvive contour map open on a second monitor, tablet, or smartphone. It's really not that hard to know where you are, if you pay attention.

I use the Pleiades as a guide to tell me my orientation and time of night, by judging the distance from the horizon and orientation relative to the horizon.  It works pretty well, considering the problems with stars and looking up ATM.

6 hours ago, huuh said:

if you get it working in an unmodded version of DayZ SA, yes very likely.

6 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

I would imagine anything you do to change/inject/alter code into/out of the game would more than likely get you a ban either by battleeye or steam.

i guess if he'd just try to run some custom .dll to track his position he won't get banned. battleye will just block those and his stuff won't work. if he tries to bypass battleye he will get banned.

no guarantees on not getting banned for trying.