Sign in to follow this  
Red_Ensign

got held up by 2 geared guys

was in a tent at the sobors and heard 'hey', and 'come out with your hands up' (good sign that I wasn't gonna die outright).  didn't have my headphones on, so I scrambled to get them on and say something.  it was one guy, but another soon appeared.  the first guy did all the talking.  he said they weren't gonna rob me because he knew how time-consuming it is to get all buckskin gear.  and aside from the clothes I didn't have much on me to take.  they marched me to a house and tied me up.  I just complied and they didn't even bother disarming me.  before they left he asked if I needed anything, I said I was good, and they just left me to untie myself.

these were the only people I've encountered so far this patch, and they turned out to be decent.  so a tip of the hat to those guys, whoever they were.

• Like 5

Great story.  It is so rare that people actually try to talk, and much less, comply with the people trying to be reasonable.  Props to you for going along with it and coming out unscathed.

• Like 1

If it was me and my friends i would ask you how long you've been playing Dayz after you were tied up and if you said you were "new" i would have put a bullet in your head and said "welcome to dayz" :]

Too bad now you can't hear voice when your dead, i miss those dayz..

These moments of such meetings with other players. It is unbelievable how high the tension and adrenaline can be. It is absolutely not to compare as a "low-Bob-KoS" death. After such encounters: high pulse, wet hands that the mouse can hardly move properly ... sweat beads on the forehead ^ ^. 2 such encounters were the reason why I then look for Roleplay server. Unfortunately, such encounters on public are much too rare .... for me, the worst way to die is through KOS, an attack at which you die at the end of the day is something totally different from the experience.

3 hours ago, zin0 said:

If it was me and my friends i would ask you how long you've been playing Dayz after you were tied up and if you said you were "new" i would have put a bullet in your head and said "welcome to dayz" :]

Too bad now you can't hear voice when your dead, i miss those dayz..

I hope for you that you get treated as you treat others. Nothing badassery with your new player treatment. 

And voip trash talk? Please........ go play unreal.

33 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

These moments of such meetings with other players. It is unbelievable how high the tension and adrenaline can be. It is absolutely not to compare as a "low-Bob-KoS" death. After such encounters: high pulse, wet hands that the mouse can hardly move properly ... sweat beads on the forehead ^ ^. 2 such encounters were the reason why I then look for Roleplay server. Unfortunately, such encounters on public are much too rare .... for me, the worst way to die is through KOS, an attack at which you die at the end of the day is something totally different from the experience.

Go play privates mate. A small queue for a private is worth it imo. We (a group of 5) run on grumpy old gamers. Loot is there if you look for it. KOS is there but way less on pubs. 

If you want to hop, stay public

If you want run gun pvp fest, stay public

If you want a diverse/ghosting/in and out community, stay public

If you want the experience you described, go private. (Whitelist is even better )

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Go play privates mate. A small queue for a private is worth it imo. We (a group of 5) run on grumpy old gamers. Loot is there if you look for it. KOS is there but way less on pubs. 

If you want to hop, stay public

If you want run gun pvp fest, stay public

If you want a diverse/ghosting/in and out community, stay public

If you want the experience you described, go private. (Whitelist is even better )

Very good description with which they are right. I play almost 99% only on private WL .... 1% public to see it is still crap, or to test things where life is not valuable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, McWendy said:

I hope for you that you get treated as you treat others. Nothing badassery with your new player treatment. 

And voip trash talk? Please........ go play unreal.

It's Dayz. You cna play how you want, bandit, hero, hunter. I help a lot of players too, but sometimes i have my days. 

When i do get treated like crap from another bandit i like it, it's kind of funny.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zin0 said:

It's Dayz. You cna play how you want, bandit, hero, hunter. I help a lot of players too, but sometimes i have my days. 

When i do get treated like crap from another bandit i like it, it's kind of funny.

Fair enough..;) 

1 hour ago, jcae2798 said:

How does one go about private?  Is there fees or free signups?

See in this treads:

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/125-servers/

Server with WL need a match with your Steam ID, a generated GUID for BE (battle eye). Some private servers have their own forum or website where rules or regulations are included.

Most reputable private servers rely on WL, servers with password are usually Clanserver. There are also a few open private servers. With WL Server you have to register in a forum or group.

• Like 1