Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Stable Branch 0.61.136821

On 28.12.2016 at 5:55 AM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I can't use scopes by themselves as a spotting scope

I  tried to look through all Optics i´ve found and some are hidden behind the hand, others work like Binoculars. Dont know if thats wanted. I also think it should work with right mouse button like aiming with a gun.

16 hours ago, boggle said:

Also, anyone have much luck with loot on prison island? I went there and there was nothing but clothes, on a low pop private server. 

I´ve also been there on a low-pop server. Made a fire on the coast until i get hot - jump in the water and swim to prison-island, There, i was shakin, no tree that give me Bark for drillkit. Reached the inner yard of prison with hypotermia where are two trees that gave me bark for fire. Allways take firestarter to prison island. A very hard trip to survive (last time i got shot when i started a fire back on Chernarus) for a few piece of clothes and a shotgun with 3 buckets. So, it was only a survivaltrip. And the game is pretty more interesting while you have to survive simle ways, that were boring in previous patches only running with nearly no consequences.

Skalisty is much easier to reach, it´s directly in Bambiland and there are more weapons as on prison island? There is no relative.

16 hours ago, koffeekage said:

they wanted to let the mass base use .61 before christmas, the hypothermia was new to the latest version and they must have run out of time to fix it without scrapping that original christmas plan. they were working until midnight locally to push it out and add the christmas trees.

I´d have waited for the cars, but that was not possible i think so. But, THANKS for the christmas trees and the teddybears. Anyone can read the notes in there? or was that ammo inside and i found only emty bears? I had a lot of different ammo, so i took all the bears i found, stuffed it with ammo and placed it to according weapons on the coast. Like a christkind with a green cowboyhat.

I finaly found friendly server where i dont get KOSed all the time. I saw Tissy for the first time and discovered other cityes i allways got shot when i was entering. It took a short time to survive the Zombies, learn to deal with rain and hypothermia and learned to shoot with all the weapons i never had in hands on looted public servers.

Not as far, i will come back to public server and kick the ass of those KOS-Bambi-killing-scum.

6 hours ago, goateswyn said:

I´ve also been there on a low-pop server. Made a fire on the coast until i get hot - jump in the water and swim to prison-island, There, i was shakin, no tree that give me Bark for drillkit. Reached the inner yard of prison with hypotermia where are two trees that gave me bark for fire. Allways take firestarter to prison island. A very hard trip to survive (last time i got shot when i started a fire back on Chernarus) for a few piece of clothes and a shotgun with 3 buckets. So, it was only a survivaltrip. And the game is pretty more interesting while you have to survive simle ways, that were boring in previous patches only running with nearly no consequences.

I grabbed bark for tinder, sticks, and made a hand drill kit, prior to making the swim, didn't make a fire prior to swimming either. No water proof clothes. I got there and was rapidly cooling but not cold. I went behind the island and made a fire and got dried off/warmed up. I haven't had the hypothermic issues that everyone seems to have this patch. I think it's because I take the time to stay dry and make fires frequently to cook food. I think most people are just used to running straight to NWAF to pvp. I like this patch, it's forcing people to play the game. 

6 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Has anyone seen Hunting scope? Seems like it's impossible to find one.

I found several in EXP, most on rifles in Kamy and Skalatisy Island, a few in hunting jackets wherever they are found. 

21 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Has anyone seen Hunting scope? Seems like it's impossible to find one.

I find them on rifles all the time. particularly at the car pileup south of sinistock at that road at the edge of the west side of the map. On .61 stable

Edited by boggle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnonymousTaurus said:

Did they ever talk about why they removed the option to see how many players per server? 

Yes, to prevent server hopping. Many people look for zero or near zero pop so they can server hop into it for loot. Problem solved. The current system is just fine imo since you don't typically say: you know what 30 people is not enough, but 33 is. 

The 60 potential players split into three tiers seems perfectly adequate, and at the same time, severely hinders the ability to server hop into zero pop servers (obviously you could look up servers online to see exact pop).

I'm guessing that this might also make the server browser more responsive since it doesn't have to update server pop constantly with people joining and leaving and has kind of a buffer now. 

Seems like statuses are bugged more often than not on high pop public servers. Can't say what it is for other types of servers, but it is pretty game breaking because people who are status bugged don't bleed out and don't wake up from unconsciousness and never need to bother with the hunger stat.

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

I found several in EXP, most on rifles in Kamy and Skalatisy Island, a few in hunting jackets wherever they are found. 

I was server hopping for 2 hours and checked over 20 deer-stands, couldn't find one damn scope, found 2 Winchesters and 2 packets of ammo instead of scope.

3 hours ago, AnonymousTaurus said:

Did they ever talk about why they removed the option to see how many players per server? 

You can use Steam to see how many people are on each server anyway. Just bring up the steam overlay and push players, and it will show all the players on the server. They need to get rid of public hives and make each server its own separate database, in my opinion. Especially once base building is implemented, server hopping will become a much larger issue than it is currently.

Edited by JBURNS489

I keep being status bugged no matter how many times I relog into a server, mostly on hi pop publics it seems like. Desync is alive and well also. Veeery bad desync on some full public servers you can shoot at a tree right in front of you and 2 seconds later the bullet hits the tree. Some servers are better than others but all of them seem to constantly be status bugged and I only play on servers under 100 ping.

On 28/12/2016 at 5:49 PM, Espa said:

Hey guys! I know some of you are having trouble withstanding the cold, so remember to stop and make fires a lot! If you hit Cold and Wet status and you aren't on the move trying to remedy that situation, you will die. 

If anyone of you want to play on a fun 1PP Heavy RP server with no KOS, come to http://aftermathdayzrp.com/portal.php :D 

Just read over the rules and lore, fill out an app, and you'll be accepted quick for Whitelisting! Hope to see more of you there! 

On 28/12/2016 at 8:14 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No - there is no known issue with hypothermia. This is functioning as intended.

I think you get hypothermia really fast even with good equipment, I was wearing a motorbike helmet, hunter pants (brown), a bomber jacket and gloves, that should give you a some protection against rain, like 2 mins after I left the fireplace (I was hot and dry) I was already socked and got hypothermia really fast.

It would be nice if we could make fires inside garages, barns, etc even inside apartments like before.

Edited by Wili

I played on a private today and performance seemed really good. I didn't get status bugged 2 out of 2 times logging in as well, so that's good. I don't know how much difference there is between pub/priv servers but I guess it's gonna have to be like it was on .60 where I only play on private servers. I dunno, public servers just have so many issues and idk why :/

11 minutes ago, Seky700 said:

Hi,

someone please tell me, When will be status in stable branch?

Thanks

you mean the deBUG monitor? it won't it's for testing, so exp only

Having fun with my friends on Aftermath DayZ RP :D 

20161230143114_1.jpg

Edited by Espa
  • Like 4

Does anyone else have issues with patches of blue ground near certain areas? Particularly the new tent camps dotted around the map. It seems to only affect certain types of grassy spots.

I noticed this with tree trunks, but only with a certain distance have the one blue cut surface.

• Like 1

Same here, just tree trunks.

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 3:32 AM, Wili said:

I think you get hypothermia really fast even with good equipment, I was wearing a motorbike helmet, hunter pants (brown), a bomber jacket and gloves, that should give you a some protection against rain, like 2 mins after I left the fireplace (I was hot and dry) I was already socked and got hypothermia really fast.

It would be nice if we could make fires inside garages, barns, etc even inside apartments like before.

Ehm...... a bomber jacket isnt waterproof so yeah you should be soaked quick.

Firefighter jackets (worn minimum ), hiking jackets, hunting jackets  (worn minimum ) gorka jackets  (not damaged) Raincoats are all waterproof. Rest varies. 

And yes you can make fires in a lot of barns and/or garages. Go check out the server weather warning thread for photos. 

Dont complain because you have to work for something. Cookie cutter crap...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Ehm...... a bomber jacket isnt waterproof so yeah you should be soaked quick.

Firefighter jackets (worn minimum ), hiking jackets, hunting jackets  (worn minimum ) gorka jackets  (not damaged) Raincoats are all waterproof. Rest varies. 

I'm not sure that this is correct.  I haven't tested it directly in the last few weeks but for a long time firefighters jackets, raincoats and prisoners jackets were the only waterproof jackets in the game at 0% absorption in any condition.  Gorka 5% and bombers 10% were good choices for rain because they're water-resistant but not water-proof.  Hiking jackets were a poor choice at 25%, and hunting jackets were awful at 60%.  Are you sure about this?  

Edit below:

So I just checked it out and Firefighters pants, raincoats and prisoner's jackets are still the only waterproof (0%) right now.  Next best is Gorka at 5%.  After that Rider's Jacket, Bomber Jacket, USMC and Improvised Leather at 10%.  Next is Police Jacket, Paramedic and M65 at 20% and Tactical and Hiking Jackets at 25%.  Hunting Jacket is 60%.  

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I'm not sure that this is correct.  I haven't tested it directly in the last few weeks but for a long time firefighters jackets, raincoats and prisoners jackets were the only waterproof jackets in the game at 0% absorption in any condition.  Gorka 5% and bombers 10% were good choices for rain because they're water-resistant but not water-proof.  Hiking jackets were a poor choice at 25%, and hunting jackets were awful at 60%.  Are you sure about this?  

Edit below:

So I just checked it out and Firefighters pants, raincoats and prisoner's jackets are still the only waterproof (0%) right now.  Next best is Gorka at 5%.  After that Rider's Jacket, Bomber Jacket, USMC and Improvised Leather at 10%.  Next is Police Jacket, Paramedic and M65 at 20% and Tactical and Hiking Jackets at 25%.  Hunting Jacket is 60%.  

You could be right. I know i stay dry with those clothes if pristine/worn.

The point was the bomber jacket. Its nice and fluffy but not waterproof 

Have managed to play for 7 hours today on an empty server. I've spent 6 of those 7 hours trying to not die of starvation or hypothermia. What are guns even? I'm very happy with the struggle actually

Bugged statuses need to be fixed ASAP. It's game-breaking for people trying to play on high pops and high pop private servers.