Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Items That Don't Spawn Anymore

Wire i found in the coast side town.

Special in Chernogorsk in the Container Areas. 

On 10-1-2017 at 9:06 PM, caik said:

The bloody prize in the bloody effin crispy crunch cereal box.

If it's gone, I would've rather been notified by an emergency weather warning or similar high level notification and saved a lot of cereal hunting and eating.

Anyone had a prize recently? Seriously, I need to know...

Almost forgot, liking the progress devs, keep up the good work.

rGMpjfF.jpg

C8VXBLq.jpg

On 14-1-2017 at 9:40 PM, Old Man River said:

No wire to be found

On 14-1-2017 at 10:07 PM, Sqeezorz said:

Stable or Experimental?

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I'm another one to find no metal wire. Also, did anyone see cross bolts? I'd like to check how wolves react to these.

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)

My buddy found crossbow bolts in the lopatino checkpoint yesterday.

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'm another one to find no metal wire. Also, did anyone see cross bolts? I'd like to check you how wolves react to these.

My buddy found crossbow bolts at the Lopatino checkpoint yesterday

• Like 1

On 14.1.2017 at 10:07 PM, Sqeezorz said:

Stable or Experimental?

--> Stable on Private

Temporarily disabled items :

Landmine, Flare gun, Metal Wire, Radio.

These items can cause some issues.

------------------------------------------------------

Crossbow bolts - you can find both ingame

• Like 4

Thanks Baty.  Now IMT can stop tormenting himself by constantly looking for wire for his fish net.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:40 PM, Old Man River said:

No wire to be found

As someone who likes to do a lot of rabbit trapping, I really miss having it around. Once I gave up looking, I kept seeing things that would give me the wire I needed everywhere - cars, televisions, electrical boxes, telephone poles, etc. and no way to get to it. Reminds me of this little bit from Airplane 2

On 1/1/2017 at 3:56 AM, DontGoToBalotaAlone said:

Water bottles. Always playing on the same server, but I've logged in during both low and max population and there's none in the towns or cities. Before getting rekt by a pack of wolves, I had a cooking pot, but it's ridiculous to use it as a bottle.

What? The cooking pot is almost OP. Not only does it hold water, cook food, and make a surprisingly decent melee weapon, it's protective qualities alone make it amazing. Other than hold water, the only other things a PET bottle can do are be a temporary suppressor, or be used to catch tiny fish - both of which have only a few uses before being useless. I'll take the cooking pot over the bottle every time. I get 2 liters of water and don't lose any inventory slots.

If by ridiculous you mean that it can somehow be put in your pants or shirt (is that a cooking pot in your pants or are you just happy to see me?), or the fact that the water remains in the pot no matter where you put it, you have a point. 

There's a fairly straightforward way to address both of those issues, and I hope one day the devs can do it once they get to the 'addressing the little things' stage. All they need to do is make it a pressure cooker to address the spill issue, and restrict it from being put in places where there is no logical reason for it to be possible (essentially restricting it to backpacks).

On 1/17/2017 at 7:01 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'm another one to find no metal wire. Also, did anyone see cross bolts? I'd like to check how wolves react to these.

On multiple visits on several different experimental servers in the past few days, I've come across both crossbows and bolts spawning in the wrecked civilian cars on the road just outside the Evacuation Point/Military Camp west of Kamenka.

It's quite possible that they also spawn there on the stable branch as well, but I haven't been there myself on stable to confirm that.

Edited by chambersenator
  • Like 1

On 18/01/2017 at 2:18 PM, Baty Alquawen said:

Baty is this still the same? Been looking for wire for ages lol

On 1/18/2017 at 9:18 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

There are many items not available at this time or is the CLE just not registering them correctly?

Like the SS i posted the bayonet, or are these completely removed until later on.

Trying to find out what assets are in and which ones are out. I hope building structures they develop stay in the assets pbo for importing later.

20 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Baty is this still the same? Been looking for wire for ages lol

I think that it might be... I've been wire hunting through sheds again and still no luck :( 

RIP my fishing net traps 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuddyRP said:

I think that it might be... I've been wire hunting through sheds again and still no luck :( 

RIP my fishing net traps 

I just want it to place frags all over the map and watch Grievers fall. All while sending the Exp guys the videos :)

HAHHA

On 1/18/2017 at 9:18 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Thanks for the update!

Is it possible to get the numbers of crossbows and especially bolts adjusted? They're both very rare and imho should be a lot more common than AK's.

:beans:

Crossbows are all over the place, on experimental, at least.

Flashlights are impossible to find. Keep your initial always at hand

12 hours ago, lemed said:

Flashlights are impossible to find. Keep your initial always at hand

lol this post...

1. flashlights spawn

2. you don't spawn with one for a while now

how would you tell flashlights aren't spawing if you didn't play the game?

On 2/3/2017 at 2:07 PM, emuthreat said:

Crossbows are all over the place, on experimental, at least.

ON stable too, you just need to look for them.

All up north, house had 3 last i checked.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:16 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Thanks for the update!

Is it possible to get the numbers of crossbows and especially bolts adjusted? They're both very rare and imho should be a lot more common than AK's.

:beans:

again not rare, just rare in the south. along the coast.

Lots in stable just head north.

I took a ton of crossbow screenshots of how many i found up north.

Bolts on the other hand are hit and miss, cars, trucks where ever, sheds, houses its random.

Its funny that on the Status Report this week, the Dev team congratulates them self on being able to deny spawn on whatever items they want, and we should check this topic to find out if some item we want still spawns...
News flash ... having a job, means you have to be able to perform above certain standards.

Point 1 ... there are no cars at the moment on 0.61 due to issues ... we understand

Why are car related items still beeing spawn , and taking place for some usable items on the Central Economy ?
I can tell the Dev Team why, but they will not be happy ... 
Remember, standards ... get used to them ...

On 1/1/2017 at 4:56 AM, DontGoToBalotaAlone said:

Water bottles. Always playing on the same server, but I've logged in during both low and max population and there's none in the towns or cities. Before getting rekt by a pack of wolves, I had a cooking pot, but it's ridiculous to use it as a bottle.

I've seen many PET water bottles. The canteens seem more rare but they are less useful anyway and hold less water. Why do you dislike the cooking pot as a water bottle? I love it. It's a water bottle and cooking utensil that doesn't take up any room (holds what it occupies). i personally hydrate at creeks and ponds and save my water bottle or cooking pot for if I'm in BFE and not hydrated and there no ponds nearby. 

2 hours ago, Outlaw-666 said:

Its funny that on the Status Report this week, the Dev team congratulates them self on being able to deny spawn on whatever items they want, and we should check this topic to find out if some item we want still spawns...
News flash ... having a job, means you have to be able to perform above certain standards.

Point 1 ... there are no cars at the moment on 0.61 due to issues ... we understand

Why are car related items still beeing spawn , and taking place for some usable items on the Central Economy ?
I can tell the Dev Team why, but they will not be happy ... 
Remember, standards ... get used to them ...

I guess reading can be quite hard. "For various reasons, we sometimes prevent certain items from spawning using our Central Economy settings.". "For various reasons", this means there is a good reason why certain items are not spawning at the moment.

And please do tell the reason why they still let vehicle parts spawn. I'm pretty sure my guess makes a lot more sense than yours.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, boggle said:

I've seen many PET water bottles. The canteens seem more rare but they are less useful anyway and hold less water. Why do you dislike the cooking pot as a water bottle? I love it. It's a water bottle and cooking utensil that doesn't take up any room (holds what it occupies). i personally hydrate at creeks and ponds and save my water bottle or cooking pot for if I'm in BFE and not hydrated and there no ponds nearby. 

Because it breaks immersion. I don't think it fits in drinking from a cauldron lol... But that is just me.