Sign in to follow this  
t3h_kgb

A few suggestions....

So these have most likely been suggested before, but here goes:

1. Dying because reasons - I'm sick of dying because the game decided I should die... Quite literally, there I was in a building, I had found a nice SKS with scope, good camo, assault backpack, etc... I fall over "unconscious" for NO reason (wasn't cold/sick/hungry/thirsty/bleeding/etc., nobody around, nothing), just fell over and died...

2. Not being spawned next to the Denny's - Why is it that the very first thing I see on the screen, before anything is loaded, is "I'm hungry"!? And why does it take this guy five whopping minutes to die of hunger and thirst!? What is wrong with this guy's metabolism!? On any given fresh spawn, you're GUARANTEED to die at least 3-4 times before you miraculously stumble across some food... Good luck finding something to open it with, though!! The rule of two: 2 minutes, 2 days, 2 weeks - On average, you can go two minutes without oxygen, two days without water, two weeks without food... If you're going to have an apocalyptic survival game with semblances of realism, why is this so horrifically unrealistic?

3. There's no food East of Chernogorsk - Seriously, I'm convinced that there are NO food spawners East of Chernogorsk...

4. Being spawned on the coast... ALWAYS - No matter where you die, you are spawned on the coast... Worse, if you die with any sort of gear, you are automatically spawned as far away from your corpse as possible. Why? Because Day Z, that's why! I'm honestly surprised I was never spawned in the middle of the ocean....

5. Spawned on an island - Thanks for that... The only time I find food right off the bat, and I'm spawned on an island... Hello, hypothermia!!

6. The new server menu sucks - But at least the time is still organized by time, and not by the binary icons shown on the server menu! So it's extra-hilarious to "sort by time" and see all moons on either end... Seriously, bring back the old server menu, this one is ugly and bulky and has no useful information...

7. I found a water bottle once... And a canteen... once..... - But those are spawns rarer than the gold god-mode crown... It keeps it extra-desperate, as you have to keep running around to all the wells in order to keep from dying... Which you're going to anyway...

8. Please spawn me in a downpour - Cuz I love guaranteed death...

9. It's not a game, it's a craps table with better graphics - Seriously, it's just like playing craps; you're never gonna come out ahead, and anyone who says they understand the game is lying through their teeth... There's no rhyme or reason to the game, it's all just one big crap-shoot...

10. Any time a zombie dies, it creates an impassable clipping wall - It's no fun to get stuck inside a building and have to change servers just to get past a zombie corpse... Honestly, why are corpses impassable? Why, when something dies, does it not lose its collision properties, or at least drop said properties to manageable? Like how you can step over firearms and clothes and other junk...

11. Collision detection - SERIOUSLY needs work... Doors especially. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been unable to get through an open doorway on the game...

12. The nifty fence-hopping thing sure is nifty - But why does it only work when it feels like it? Too many times I've been running against a fence smashing "v" repeatedly, having to back up and take another run or two at it before the character finally gets it...

13. The sun rises in the West, and sets in the South.... Honestly, which way does the sun travel in this game, and where is it in relation to the game world!? Are we south of the equator or north? Is this backwards-planet or something? It's SOOO difficult to navigate this game by any means other than roads and luck...

14. Seriously, stop spawning me in the Northeast corner - I spawned at this little fishing village probably 5 or 6 times in a row... One of those times, I decided to go the other way... Within 50yds, I was at the edge of the map.

15. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to item spawns - Guns spawn in kitchens, medical supplies spawn in bathrooms, clothes spawn in shipping containers, and food, if you're lucky enough to find some, spawns in pants...

16. Only one in 250,000 bushes will have berries - It's so rare to find berries in bushes that it's actually a completely useless game function. Don't even bother stopping for those bushes, it won't save you from starving to death for the umpteenth time because Mr. Ultra-Mega-Super-Metabolism can't go two minutes without eating all the things...

17. Zombies still don't drop anything - It would be nice if you could at least snatch their clothes or something... No, there's nothing... Not a pen, not a fish hook, not a nothing...

18. Books - I'm glad I can thumb through Moby Dick whilst starving to death... Seriously, these are mostly useless...

19. What's wrong with the texture files? - My head texture never renders anymore; just turns black and void.. It looked kinda funny the first time, but it being an all-the-time bug, it's not funny anymore... Trees and shrubs also like to turn pink when the graphics engine forgets what texture files to use...

20. Why is it so hard to hit something that's right in front of you, that your axe just passed right through!? - Hit detection and collision SERIOUSLY need work...

I want to love this game; I really do!! I am a huge STALKER fan, and this game sort of has that same feel; almost like where STALKER would've gone had the dev company not gone belly-up.... But it's so broken that I just simply cannot.... Now to fight Steam until I get my 35 dollars back...

Edited by t3h_kgb

Stop whining you entitled manchild!

IF you had bothered to catch up on where this game is now and what's about to come you could have saved your time by not spewing the amount of bullshit that this post contains.

Put in some effort to get caught up on development or shut up and get lost.

AND PS, THE GAME IS IN ALPHA MEANING NOT FINISHED!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

So these have most likely been suggested before, but here goes:

1. Dying because reasons - I'm sick of dying because the game decided I should die... Quite literally, there I was in a building, I had found a nice SKS with scope, good camo, assault backpack, etc... I fall over "unconscious" for NO reason (wasn't cold/sick/hungry/thirsty/bleeding/etc., nobody around, nothing), just fell over and died...

2. Not being spawned next to the Denny's - Why is it that the very first thing I see on the screen, before anything is loaded, is "I'm hungry"!? And why does it take this guy five whopping minutes to die of hunger and thirst!? What is wrong with this guy's metabolism!? On any given fresh spawn, you're GUARANTEED to die at least 3-4 times before you miraculously stumble across some food... Good luck finding something to open it with, though!! The rule of two: 2 minutes, 2 days, 2 weeks - On average, you can go two minutes without oxygen, two days without water, two weeks without food... If you're going to have an apocalyptic survival game with semblances of realism, why is this so horrifically unrealistic?

3. There's no food East of Chernogorsk - Seriously, I'm convinced that there are NO food spawners East of Chernogorsk...

4. Being spawned on the coast... ALWAYS - No matter where you die, you are spawned on the coast... Worse, if you die with any sort of gear, you are automatically spawned as far away from your corpse as possible. Why? Because Day Z, that's why! I'm honestly surprised I was never spawned in the middle of the ocean....

5. Spawned on an island - Thanks for that... The only time I find food right off the bat, and I'm spawned on an island... Hello, hypothermia!!

6. The new server menu sucks - But at least the time is still organized by time, and not by the binary icons shown on the server menu! So it's extra-hilarious to "sort by time" and see all moons on either end... Seriously, bring back the old server menu, this one is ugly and bulky and has no useful information...

7. I found a water bottle once... And a canteen... once..... - But those are spawns rarer than the gold god-mode crown... It keeps it extra-desperate, as you have to keep running around to all the wells in order to keep from dying... Which you're going to anyway...

8. Please spawn me in a downpour - Cuz I love guaranteed death...

9. It's not a game, it's a craps table with better graphics - Seriously, it's just like playing craps; you're never gonna come out ahead, and anyone who says they understand the game is lying through their teeth... There's no rhyme or reason to the game, it's all just one big crap-shoot...

10. Any time a zombie dies, it creates an impassable clipping wall - It's no fun to get stuck inside a building and have to change servers just to get past a zombie corpse... Honestly, why are corpses impassable? Why, when something dies, does it not lose its collision properties, or at least drop said properties to manageable? Like how you can step over firearms and clothes and other junk...

11. Collision detection - SERIOUSLY needs work... Doors especially. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been unable to get through an open doorway on the game...

12. The nifty fence-hopping thing sure is nifty - But why does it only work when it feels like it? Too many times I've been running against a fence smashing "v" repeatedly, having to back up and take another run or two at it before the character finally gets it...

13. The sun rises in the West, and sets in the South.... Honestly, which way does the sun travel in this game, and where is it in relation to the game world!? Are we south of the equator or north? Is this backwards-planet or something? It's SOOO difficult to navigate this game by any means other than roads and luck...

14. Seriously, stop spawning me in the Northeast corner - I spawned at this little fishing village probably 5 or 6 times in a row... One of those times, I decided to go the other way... Within 50yds, I was at the edge of the map.

15. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to item spawns - Guns spawn in kitchens, medical supplies spawn in bathrooms, clothes spawn in shipping containers, and food, if you're lucky enough to find some, spawns in pants...

16. Only one in 250,000 bushes will have berries - It's so rare to find berries in bushes that it's actually a completely useless game function. Don't even bother stopping for those bushes, it won't save you from starving to death for the umpteenth time because Mr. Ultra-Mega-Super-Metabolism can't go two minutes without eating all the things...

17. Zombies still don't drop anything - It would be nice if you could at least snatch their clothes or something... No, there's nothing... Not a pen, not a fish hook, not a nothing...

18. Books - I'm glad I can thumb through Moby Dick whilst starving to death... Seriously, these are mostly useless...

19. What's wrong with the texture files? - My head texture never renders anymore; just turns black and void.. It looked kinda funny the first time, but it being an all-the-time bug, it's not funny anymore... Trees and shrubs also like to turn pink when the graphics engine forgets what texture files to use...

20. Why is it so hard to hit something that's right in front of you, that your axe just passed right through!? - Hit detection and collision SERIOUSLY need work...

I want to love this game; I really do!! I am a huge STALKER fan, and this game sort of has that same feel; almost like where STALKER would've gone had the dev company not gone belly-up.... But it's so broken that I just simply cannot.... Now to fight Steam until I get my 35 dollars back...

1) Please read the Status Reports - choosing not to do so, or just skimming them means you miss vital information. 

2) You spawn hungry, this is how it is. You are also not guaranteed deaths - survival is all about the choices you make. Make the wrong ones, and you can die. 

3) Yes, there is food east of Cherno. Plenty of it.

4) This is correct, you spawn on the coast. You always will. Spawn position is random from a pool of available spawn points, your distance to your corpse is not taken into calculation - and to be honest, we do not design the experience around getting back to your body. We design it for perma death. Permanent. Death.

5) Best spawn in the game, to be fair. Outstanding gear chances on that island, and like all things in survival - getting off the island depends on the choices you make leading up to the swim. I have never died making that swim, ever - because I make sure to raise my temperature as much as possible before swimming and I prepare myself to start a fire when I get across the water.

6) The old server browser is not coming back.

7) You can craft water bottles out of leather, as well as find canteens, jerry cans, or pots to store your water. PET bottles double as potential suppressors and are thus limited - canteens are much more plentiful.

8) Again - not at all a guaranteed death. The choices you make after spawning define your success or failure.

9) That is your opinion. 

10) I'm unsure what you are speaking of. Players do not collide with dead infected corpses.

11) Again - PLEASE read the Status Reports or at least the stickied forum posts. If you do not follow development, then trying to judge development builds will result in a large amount of incorrect assumptions.

12) Based off of reading this, I feel like you have not touched DayZ since 0.60 at the latest. Currently this is client side, and should work the second you press it.

13) Not sure what you mean. However if you believe you have found an issue please report it at feedback.dayz.com

14) All spawns are along the Eastern coast from the North to the South (With the exception of Kamy and Elektro)

15) There is actually a fairly complex structure to loot spawns. We've discussed this extensively in Status Reports and forum posts. However if you have a specific question about it ,by all means make a forum post and ask away.

16) This is a major overstatement. Only berry bushes have berries, and they are certainly not one in 250,000.

17) Infected do have inventory, and they do have a chance to spawn loot. I find a significant amount of food and supplies this way. I feel again as if you are talking about an old build.

18) Not at all, they make good sources of tinder for fires, and notes for players (when this mechanic is functioning)

19) Known issue, please read Status Reports or at least stickied forum posts on builds.

20) While melee definitely needs work - the system is a raycast and you will hit what you aim at, if you aim correctly.

• Like 3

1. Granted, I've not looked through the latest status update... Will do so...

2. I can understand spawning hungry, but why is my first order of business always to scramble to find as much food as possible, when there's none to be found?

3. I so don't believe you....

4. So the character just boated in from spawn-land? I don't get why 90% of the spawns have to be in the northeast corner...

5. I found three mosins, a packet of powdered milk (the miraculous food spawn), a few jacket options (2 or 3 maybe), and a red or pink hard hat. No ammo, no tools, no bags, no nothing; just that.

6. That's a shame... This new one is horrid compared to the last one.

7. I've come across a jerry can or two, I figured there was gasoline in them, since jerry cans are for gasoline and I did manage to come across a car I could sit in... Also, they don't fit nicely in your inventory like a canteen or PET bottle does. As for crafting, I've not even been able to get that far yet... Too busy dying of hunger due to sheer lack of food spawns... But, I can tell you this much; crafting a "suppressor" out of a water bottle is silly... On anything bigger than .22lr, it won't last more than a round or two before being obliterated (and on something like a Mosin, you're basically just strapping a plastic confetti cannon to the front of your rifle), and won't stand to really muffle too terribly much sound... You're better off crafting a suppressor from PVC (for .22lr) or pipe steel (anything bigger).... Further, it was decided then, by game devs, to have thee most common piece of litter found in this world, be the most scarce piece of litter found in Chernarus, because homemade suppressor?

8. It would be different if I could find things... I don't know, maybe all the servers I've tried thusfar have been picked clean or something, but I'm finding a severe lack of stuff throughout the game, on every server I've been on...

9. It sure is...

10. You know how solids such as zombies and walls have collision parameters that make them impassable solids... Well, on far too many occasions, I've killed a zombie in either a narrow hallway or in a doorway, and have been unable to get past the corpse. The corpse is essentially too high to step over. To fix this, most games make corpses passable objects, where they have no collision properties, so players can pass right through the corpse.

11. See #1, but I figured I'd include this as collision seems to be a recurring theme with this game...

12. Not sure, I haven't checked my version; I rarely do, tbh... Dunno if Steam has updated us client-side yet or not, but I have the new server browser and I still can't get the character to jump over low fence-type objects most times...

13. I mean, the sun seems to have an erratic rise/set location. I got lost around Vybor area, trying to keep the sun to my right I ended up going west, then south, then east, all within an hour of play... Each time traveling with the sun to my right... The sun doesn't seem to hang or travel in this game like it does in the real world, at the very least not in the Northern hemisphere...

14. I did manage to spawn just outside of Balotta once... Was great... I thought I had the world by the 5th point of contact, until I couldn't find any food and starved to death.... Again....

15. If there is, I've not seen it... But then, I see very little in the way of loot in this game. I dunno if I'm just always the last one through an area or what, but I find it exceedingly hard to find things...

16. Yes, only berry bushes have berries... But the possibility of finding a handful of berries in any given berry bush is approximately 3,720 to 1 (coincidentally, the same possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field)... You'll starve to death before a berry patch will save you... Either that, or the character is just REALLY bad at finding berries in a bush...

17. I've hacked a good many up with axes and hatchets and crowbars and that SKS I found once and etc... I've yet to see any loot dropped, just empty cells...

18. Tinder for fires I can see... Notes to players? Why? almost 100% of players are going to kill you simply because you're also a player... To be honest, this game is best on low/no-pop servers...

19. Glad to hear I'm not the only one complaining about things...

20. I understand that the melee weapon travels through 3D space, and that the axe head has to hit the thing in order to count... But I've had a few instances now where my melee weapon passes right through the target with no effect...

At least you guys are listening... That's a huge step up from most early-access games... :)

Edited by t3h_kgb

The one single false claim that there's "no food at all", while there are thousands of apple trees, disqualifys the entire original post. 

I noticed OP has like 3 or so posts, Stick around read up on some stuff. Check out some Youtube channels, WOBO is one of many many channels with useful information.

Its been said a million times and as of this post your best chances for survival hinge on crafting a stone knife, by searching for stones on the rocky texture. Then using that stone on the same texture to make the knife. Next find an apple tree and grow a little patience and search for apples until your energized and hydrated. If you can't manage to do those tasks then you deserve to die over and over until you can. Take your knife cut some bark and a stick from a tree, if you manage to get birch bark look for another tree that doesn't have a white trunk. Combine your bark and stick and you can now light a fire. Now you can roam around and complain about other things you know nothing about, but you wont starve to death at least, or maybe you will, Dayz is a tough game after all and will become more intense as development proceeds. If hard games and frustration are not your cup of tea, you chose poorly.

I look forward to you overcoming your lack of knowledge and suffering through the rough spots, you wont find a game as adrenaline pumping or anxiety inducing  as DayZ.