Sign in to follow this  
IMT

Vehicles are back and better than ever!

For those who don't follow Experimental/the Experimental forum, vehicles made their comeback on the latest Experimental patch. I have to say they did a pretty damn fine job because there was almost no desync (as driver and as passenger) and handling the car also felt better. Vehicles are back and they are better than ever!

Here are two clips showing the improved vehicles. The first clip is where I drive and the second clip is where BioHaze drives.

• Like 4

How full was the server? I was impressed by 61s performance a couple days ago, everything was so smooth on full pop. First time that smoothness was carried over from exp to stable.

I wonder how its gonna be like on a full pop with at least a couple dozen playercamps and vehicles.

Badass video man! Can't wait to try this out! 

Question! How was the audio levels for the cars? Were they still crazy loud and can be heard from a town away, or has that been reduced? :o

• Like 1

I see we have a gear indicator now, I wonder if this will make it to stable (I suspect not).

And no collision model with the infected, I assume this will change too.

Now you need to assemble experimental crew and test with other vehicles and players near.

• Like 3

I logged on as IMT was signing off for the night and I got to go for a drive later on.  For the record the server was low-pop for most of the night, I didn't see anyone but Biohaze and Emuthreat all night.  Biohaze and I met up around Ratnoe and went on foot to Kamensk Mil base then on to Stary Yar where we found a Lada. The doors were a bit glitchy for Biohaze at first but after we got that figured out the drive was very responsive all the way to Tisy.  The gear indicators might be helpful to new players trying to figure out driving and the speedo was a novelty too.  We got her up to about 80 kph along the northern edge of the map and drove right through a zed - so no zed clipping confirmed for now.  

Emu joined up in TS and he found a V3S right away and worked his way north, he mentioned he crossed the river near Grishino without a problem and I believe he switched over to a Party Bus which he eventually got stuck teetering on something - a guardrail maybe. Emu then hoofed it to Sinistok where we drove the Lada straight into town to meet him.  No desync approaching Sinistok where Emu was waiting although we caught some zed aggro and had to dispatch a few when we exited the car. 

We weren't able to test another car within the network bubble proximity but there seems to be enough vehicles spawning to do that.  I'm hopeful that the devs have that one worked out already.

edit:  driving in 1PP is still very loud, I had to turn down the sound effects to hear myself steer

4Li7x1p.jpg

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Buakaw said:

How full was the server? I was impressed by 61s performance a couple days ago, everything was so smooth on full pop. First time that smoothness was carried over from exp to stable.

I wonder how its gonna be like on a full pop with at least a couple dozen playercamps and vehicles.

The server had only a couple of players in there, less than 10 people. It was Southcentral 0-2 which normally is always full but I guess that nobody really knew that this already hit Experimental and a lot of people are on Stable now as well.

8 hours ago, Espa said:

Badass video man! Can't wait to try this out! 

Question! How was the audio levels for the cars? Were they still crazy loud and can be heard from a town away, or has that been reduced? :o

Audio level for other people are acceptable I believe, haven't really tested it. Although someone named Eddie Currants came racing through Berezino when I was a fresh spawn and I didn't hear him until I could see the car.

As for the drivers and/or passengers the audio is very loud and you need to put your Effects volume down in order to hear other people on Teamspeak or to prevent yourself from going deaf.

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Now you need to assemble experimental crew and test with other vehicles and players near.

I'm up for that, I'm probably going to hop in, in about 30 minutes or so. I'll be on the Welcome to the Jungle Teamspeak server so if someone wants to test it let me know.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IMT said:

I'm up for that, I'm probably going to hop in, in about 30 minutes or so. I'll be on the Welcome to the Jungle Teamspeak server so if someone wants to test it let me know.

If you guys are still doing it tonight, I'll be there! Xmas responsibilities has sucked me in haha

56 minutes ago, Espa said:

If you guys are still doing it tonight, I'll be there! Xmas responsibilities has sucked me in haha

Thurman Merman, Starvingart and me already tested it. The desync problem with 2 vehicles near each other has been resolved. Although I noticed indeed some frame drops which people mentioned, specially if you look towards a vehicle but looking the other way you'll be fine. I think this might because of the items in the inventory of the vehicle but I'm not sure.

I might hop on later but I'm not sure yet.

• Like 1