Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136887

Happy Holidays - one last Exp build before Xmas

- Set vehicles to spawn prepared
- Introduced first iteration of new vehicle sync
- Readded vehicles to spawn pool

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

• Like 14

Holy shit, you guys pushed this late at night for you guys! Near 12:30! Good job on the update and can't wait to play! 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all you badass dudes! 

• Like 4

i'd like to quote myself here:

and since it's 8:29pm in europe (CZ) on a friday evening, we should't expect anything more to come.

if they do over christmas, i demand the name(s) of the responsible person(s). they would deserve a big "thank you" and maybe even more.

this request still stands.

nevertheless, i'd like to wish Happy Holidays to the whole team. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Introduced first iteration of new vehicle sync

What does this mean exactly?

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) Doing a great job as usual but do you not think there are too many Exp servers now? All i see is 29 Low and 1 Medium pop.

They're not gona fill up which in turn puts players off joining servers with less than 10 people on them. Is cutting down on servers not a good idea now that 0.61 is on the Stable Branch now?

Thanks, been waiting a long time for vehicles to come back.

I'm still getting session lost so it's a bit frustrating to play but I like seeing them working again.

First off my Xbox 360 controller worked, it's not fully mapped by default but it was already recognised and working when I jumped in my truck. 

Getting disconnected and spawning back in places you beside the vehicle, engine off but still in the gear you left it in. I had to remove and toss the drivers door to get back in after my first disconnect though, couldn't open the door or put it back on.

Infected agro on vehicles from a good distance away and chase for a long way but do not collide with vertical surfaces, they can still ride on the frame rails of the truck though.

Traction is much better but if you lift a drive wheel at all it starts spinning tires and you're not getting over even a small ridge. 

**I also managed full speed through Novaya Petroka at 5-10 fps because of my low end laptop, graphically it was a slideshow but I didn't hit anything and the position sync was spot on the whole time even with my 300-400 ping.** 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

Really nice and smooth, cars no longer desync when they are close but over 100km/h they "fly" from the ground and they lose grip

I'll test more tomorrow :)

CBMVCiF.jpg

Found an Hatchback in Vyshnoye Dubrovka and I thought I'd go and pick BioHaze up at Severograd. When I was in Gvodzno my game froze and when I logged back in I was next to the car so that's fixed. The only problem I had is that I couldn't open both of the doors after my game crashed. When I tried to remove the doors on the passenger side I could enter from there and once inside I could open the doors again. After I entered Severograd BioHaze came up to the car and I let him drive to test the desync as a passenger.

It seems cars are working good, well done devs, thank you for this!

I have 2 video's, 1 as a driver and 1 as a passenger. I had a longer clip of the driving but the crash messed up the footage.

51 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Getting disconnected and spawning back in places you beside the vehicle, engine off but still in the gear you left it in. I had to remove and toss the drivers door to get back in after my first disconnect though, couldn't open the door or put it back on.

I thought the same but if you take the door in your hands and look at the space where it was it says "Attach doors".

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, IMT said:

CBMVCiF.jpg

Found an Hatchback in Vyshnoye Dubrovka and I thought I'd go and pick BioHaze up at Severograd. When I was in Gvodzno my game froze and when I logged back in I was next to the car so that's fixed. The only problem I had is that I couldn't open both of the doors after my game crashed. When I tried to remove the doors on the passenger side I could enter from there and once inside I could open the doors again. After I entered Severograd BioHaze came up to the car and I let him drive to test the desync as a passenger.

It seems cars are working good, well done devs, thank you for this!

I have 2 video's, 1 as a driver and 1 as a passenger. I had a longer clip of the driving but the crash messed up the footage.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the same but if you take the door in your hands and look at the space where it was it says "Attach doors".

Did you notice super low FPS when driving? When moving my fps dropped to around 20 fps (in a sedan) or lower and then whenever I would stop it would increase to 80-100. I don't feel like my FPS was that poor when driving on previous updates. That said the car handling seemed better.

4 minutes ago, Pluxar said:

Did you notice super low FPS when driving? When moving my fps dropped to around 20 fps (in a sedan) or lower and then whenever I would stop it would increase to 80-100. I don't feel like my FPS was that poor when driving on previous updates. That said the car handling seemed better.

It felt smooth for me, but I don't have any FPS counter running so I can't exactly tell. And yes, the handling felt better as well except sometimes my car would start to slide a bit but at that point I just release the W key.

Omg thank you devs for pushing this exp so late and before Christmas holydays, it is much appreciated.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pluxar said:

I get low fps all the time, it was about the same driving or not today, 15-25 away from town, 5-10 in big towns.

20 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I get low fps all the time, it was about the same driving or not today, 15-25 away from town, 5-10 in big towns.

Wait, you get 5 - 10 FPS in towns AND you play with a controller lol. I would say its time for a PC upgrade man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TWiST said:

Wait, you get 5 - 10 FPS in towns AND you play with a controller lol. I would say its time for a PC upgrade man.

Yeah, and as soon as these bloodsuckers who make themselves at home around here start buying their own shoes I'll buy a new one every year. Word on the street is it's in the budget for January but I'm not holding my breath. For what it's worth I don't like the bigger towns and avoid them most times and find it perfectly "playable" in the high teens and up.

I just use the controller for driving.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

Glad to see vehicles back in the game.  Found an offroad in Turovo and headed west.  Wrecked it above Novod.  Ruined the battery and two front tires.  Was fortunate to find replacements in town.  It appears that currently you can remove tires straight from the car to your hands without a wrench.  I was also able to repair tires while they were attached to the vehicle by right-clicking them in the car's inventory with the repair kit in my hands.

After repairs I took the car offroad on the way to the Kamensk base.  It seemed very floaty on the grass for an offroad vehicle, even at moderate speeds.  All tires pristine.  I wasn't sure if this was just the current physics with the offroad, or if perhaps the game hadn't recognized that i replaced the ruined tires.  It did seem difficult to control on the pavement, as well.  Maybe I'm just a crappy driver.  After driving the vehicle around for a while, my graphics got very glitchy.  "Flickery", even.  Not sure how to explain it - it was not just FPS drops.

Met up with my buddy at Kamensk base and switched to his Sedan for the trip to Tisy.  We got up some pretty steep (paved) hills with no problem.  Ditched it North of Tisy with some decent stuff inside.  We plan to return to it over the weekend (server-willing) but if you find it before we return, enjoy. :)

Also, Zombie Defib.  Didn't even know it was a thing.

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 2

@-Gews-  Did you just shoot all the zombies in Myshkino tents?  There are only 6 other people on SC 0-2 right now, and I heard a hell of a lot of shooting.  Two guns were fired, but it sounded like the first one ran out of ammo after about 20 rounds; remaining zombies appeared to be headed south. Happened about midnight-thirty Pacific time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

@-Gews-  Did you just shoot all the zombies in Myshkino tents?  There are only 6 other people on SC 0-2 right now, and I heard a hell of a lot of shooting.  Two guns were fired, but it sounded like the first one ran out of ammo after about 20 rounds; remaining zombies appeared to be headed south. Happened about midnight-thirty Pacific time.

Nah, I'm running a bow right now. Plus, I would never waste that many cartridges on zeds!

• Like 2

Okay. Fair enough.  I still ran straight there with an orange drybag stuffed full of the meat from 7 wolves that pinned me inside a house in Myshkino.  Was going to say hello, but whoever it was had already left. : (

Interesting note: they didn't run away until I killed the fourth one, and then they came back within two minutes, forcing me to kill all 7 before I could leave.  Good thing my SKS had plenty of bullets.

• Like 2

when that update will be added to stable branch? And what about wipe when dat update added?

Edited by ECO80X

55 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

SC-02 crashing within seconds now.  Played for about 30 minutes earlier with no problem though.

South central us? right... ill try that one again but i had major issues on south central stuff before.

Im also getting extreme low fps when driving no matter where, its almost impossible to drive and not crash the vehicle when in a city... but when not driving any vehicle +60 fps high-very high graphics 1080p