shaca

is it just me...?

10 hours ago, Buakaw said:

But yeah, dont you think its rather hypocritical to call me a toxic asshole, bigot, douchebag, etc etc cuz I said "feminist"? Just really weak and one step away from true bigotry

The old 'I'm being called out on my bigotry so I'm the true victim here' routine? Geez man, you sound like feminist to me.

Havent done any bigoted remarks. You on the other hand? So many assumptions without knowing me whatsoever. Whatever floats your boat pal. You don't get to decide anything here tho and it is not up to you what happens here.

@kirov

? What bigotry? Hillarious people on this forum.

15 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

KoSers (tossers) are GRIEFERS and burn out WAAAAAAY faster than the truly dedicated players.

KoSers (tossers) are GRIEFERS.

KoSers (tossers) are GRIEFERS.

There is little difference between the KoS guy and my 1yr old nephew who PvP's in minecraft.

They pay off is the same for both of you.

Soon enough DayZ will punish casuals who have only 2 hours a day to play.

The tears have already started to flow and a deluge will be upon us with the survival features left to be put in place.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WEIGHT AND STAMINA CoD fuckers?

Calm down dear and have a look at yourself; foaming at the mouth with bulging eyes and flushing with anger,

You need to get your breath back and the blood pressure down. Don't have the medical equipment to handle a heart attack out here in the DayZ wilderness and, frankly speaking, I'm not inclined to give you a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation (a heart massage will do fine)..

Now, what is it you are so mad about? Has somebody treated you unfairly? Oh yes, those pesky KOS players making it so much harder for you to stay alive. Life is indeed difficult in DayZ even for a true survivalist like you. 

Why don't you take some time off? Maybe play something less stressful. What about joining your nephew on Minecraf?. He seems like a bright young fellow for his age.You never know, he might even be able to teach you a thing or two about PvP.

In any case, take my suggestion and try to relax, please avoid at all costs those terrible COD and KOS plebeians who make your life so miserable. They will be soon gone, making it so much easier for you to survive.

Regards 

Edited by Lexman61

I'm just waiting DayZ singleplayer and modding, so I can create and have singleplayer/coop. 

Never forget the first day experience in DayZ mod. I spawned near Cherno, there was a lot of shooting in Cherno so I headed there. There were about 15 other clueless people packed together trying to help each other to survive. Some people died and some more people join in while we were just defending against those crazy zombies. In the end I died on the dock like many of us, because zombies just kept coming and everyone started to run out of ammo.

Rest of the people likely just fled but back then even that tactic wasn't really doing much. Zombies chased you through the map unless you accidentally used the buildings/hills tactic to get some really long distance between you and the zombies. Nobody knew those abuses yet back then.

It was always interesting to go in NWAF,  run away from it and see pack of 30 zombies chasing you to the next town. Without the uphill/house/tree abuses and endless stamina, the survival level of DayZ would've been nearly perfect. That's the point when I'm calling DayZ survival game again.

• Like 1

Let's see if we can do something about it. A different approach maybe? 

I didn't want to give any recommendations. I'm only pointing out that to "Stop punching me!" it is literally the most clueless and hypocritical thing to reply "Stop restricting my freedom to punch you!".

Look, I understand that people consider each other a threat and act accordingly. But this is not the scenario we're discussing here and you know that.

15 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

Ok, so you can't fish by the pond or share a jolly meal with new friends without risking your life (sounds absolutely devastating).

Hey, why so judgmental? ;) I just want to frolick around meadows, prance with wild animals and sing the Songs of Joy at the top of my lungs from the Novo town hall. Is it a "wrong" way to play DayZ all of a sudden? :D Am I really the self-righteous one here?

Please consider this: you said that there is enough space for everybody, but is there really? And who really restricts other people's freedom to play as they want?

To comment your reply to BioHaze:

you say "don't tell others how to play" and a day later you tell BioHaze to stop playing or pick other games. It's always like that. "If you tell me to stop doing something, it's self-righteous and restrictive; if I tell you to stop doing something, I'm just defending my freedoms". No man, you're not.

I'm not telling you to change your gameplay but at least own it. KOSing is not the pinnacle of exercising personal liberties the way the Founding Fathers intended. If anything, it's the contrary.

Respectfully yours,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I didn't want to give any recommendations. I'm only pointing out that to "Stop punching me!" it is literally the most clueless and hypocritical thing to reply "Stop restricting my freedom to punch you!".

Look, I understand that people consider each other a threat and act accordingly. But this is not the scenario we're discussing here and you know that.

Hey, why so judgmental? ;) I just want to frolick around meadows, prance with wild animals and sing the Songs of Joy at the top of my lungs from the Novo town hall. Is it a "wrong" way to play DayZ all of a sudden? :D Am I really the self-righteous one here?

Please consider this: you said that there is enough space for everybody, but is there really? And who really restricts other people's freedom to play as they want?

To comment your reply to BioHaze:

you say "don't tell others how to play" and a day later you tell BioHaze to stop playing or pick other games. It's always like that. "If you tell me to stop doing something, it's self-righteous and restrictive; if I tell you to stop doing something, I'm just defending my freedoms". No man, you're not.

I'm not telling you to change your gameplay but at least own it. KOSing is not the pinnacle of exercising personal liberties the way the Founding Fathers intended. If anything, it's the contrary.

Respectfully yours,

In spite of our differences in regards to the true significance of the term "anarchy" and the DayZ KOS issue I hope we can nevertheless part ways in a friendly manner, at least until the next debate.

DayZ is often chaotic,unpredictable and frustrating (as it should be), and let's hope it stays that way. On how to best enjoy this virtual world, well, "variety is the spice of life" as they say. 

Concerning your friend/acquaintance BioHaze, his communication skills and vocabulary leaves much to be desired. Taking some time off DayZ was just a friendly piece of advice not an order. The man should be perfectly able to decide for himself, I presume.

Regards

6 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

In any case, take my suggestion and try to relax, please avoid at all costs those terrible COD and KOS plebeians who make your life so miserable. They will be soon gone, making it so much easier for you to survive.

Did you happen to glance my forum join date?

I know it's difficult for you to equate my words with passion and not an anxiety attack but there it is, I am more passionate about DayZ than you've likely been about anything in your life. (And my writing skills far exceed your own tongue in cheek, vapid content, lack of perspective, self serving, pointless, attempts at discourse.)

"Surviving" knuckle headed mental children who can't shoot straight is not my problem.

Your lack of imagination and poor understanding of what constitutes fun drags DayZ down to the level of CoD.

I do not "know" Kirov outside of the forum and we've never spoke outside of a thread, I could hardly call him a friend (though he makes good quality contributions when he posts), again your wholesale ignorance shines through.

I take breaks from DayZ (over the last 4.5 years, do you see that Skippy? I've forgotten more about DayZ dev than you know) when the patches no longer have new or testable content for myself and friends to work on.

See, while you run around with your dick in your hand, patting your friends on the back for sniping a guy with a garden hoe, I am out working on the cutting edge of the project and supplying the devs with feedback.

^For years man; it's obvious you have no idea what I've dealt with on this forum over the last 4.5 years either, DO YOU?

I have seen 100's of your type burnout, meltdown, and LEAVE; and I've forgotten them just as fast as they've arrived.

You're another wanna be tough guy, who thinks his griefing is the pinnacle of bad assery and makes DayZ so much more difficult.

The devs will school you as to what Vanilla DayZ will be, I do not have to do that.

We can debate this until blue in the face but that last word resides with Bohemia.

You sir are..... mod bound! Have a nice trip, Ramboner.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Buakaw said:

So many assumptions without knowing me whatsoever.

I know you call men feminists like it's an insult.

That's all the ignorant horse shit I need to see.

Also, careful they don't give me the ban stick one day, or it might be.... "Buakaw!", for you.

25 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-snip

teehee

3 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

In spite of our differences in regards to the true significance of the term "anarchy" and the DayZ KOS issue I hope we can nevertheless part ways in a friendly manner, at least until the next debate.

DayZ is often chaotic,unpredictable and frustrating (as it should be), and let's hope it stays that way. On how to best enjoy this virtual world, well, "variety is the spice of life" as they say. 

Concerning your friend/acquaintance BioHaze, his communication skills and vocabulary leaves much to be desired. Taking some time off DayZ was just a friendly piece of advice not an order. The man should be perfectly able to decide for himself, I presume.

Regards

You do realize that the majority of people talking down to you on this forum have been here since the very beginning, right?

I myself joined a couple of days after Day Z went Standalone. BioHaze has been here since the mod.

With that in mind, take a guess as to just how many of "your type" we have seen come on this forum, spew their frankly-stupid ideas everywhere, and leave. Usually, only after a couple of posts. 

Literally hundreds. Hundreds of the same cookie-cutter ideas, hundreds of the same talking-points concerning KoS, "Anarchy", and why we are the ones who should make way for you. 

Hell, I have even been told, flat-out, that I am "Playing the game wrong", and that I should leave. From the very same crowd that, when there isn't firearms and food available immediately, cry about the devs stifling "their way to play".

Amusing, no?

With the above in mind, I can certainly understand why BioHaze got upset.  Hell, I have gotten upset at the level of shithattery that overtakes this forum sometimes. I have also taken a break, both from the forum and from the game, for longer than you have been a member here.

Keep that in mind. So, if we seem exasperated or annoyed when "argument why KoS is 'realistic # 3002" rears its ugly head again, stop for a second and think about it.

"Is there non-zero chance this has been posted before?. If so, the other posters have almost certainly seen it already"

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 3

Come one guys, the man doesn't deserve that shit giving. KOS or not, at least he tried to engage in/disengage from a conversation in a civilized manner. Considering all the shit on this forum, he's a gentleman. At least after the discussion I don't ask myself "why TF did I even start this again?". ;)

Usually with the KOSers here, you just know they are 12yo troubled kids and they waste your time both in game and here.

5 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

I hope we can nevertheless part ways in a friendly manner, at least until the next debate.

Take care out there, mate, watch your back, maybe spare the next boonie hat wearing apple picker. ;) You seem reasonable so don't stop hanging out on these boards.

I hope you all found some time to play DayZ this Christmas! It's enough to refrain from apple picking and suddenly the game's much closer to the feel I expected it to have.

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Did you happen to glance my forum join date?

I know it's difficult for you to equate my words with passion and not an anxiety attack but there it is, I am more passionate about DayZ than you've likely been about anything in your life. (And my writing skills far exceed your own tongue in cheek, vapid content, lack of perspective, self serving, pointless, attempts at discourse.)

"Surviving" knuckle headed mental children who can't shoot straight is not my problem.

Your lack of imagination and poor understanding of what constitutes fun drags DayZ down to the level of CoD.

I do not "know" Kirov outside of the forum and we've never spoke outside of a thread, I could hardly call him a friend (though he makes good quality contributions when he posts), again your wholesale ignorance shines through.

I take breaks from DayZ (over the last 4.5 years, do you see that Skippy? I've forgotten more about DayZ dev than you know) when the patches no longer have new or testable content for myself and friends to work on.

See, while you run around with your dick in your hand, patting your friends on the back for sniping a guy with a garden hoe, I am out working on the cutting edge of the project and supplying the devs with feedback.

^For years man; it's obvious you have no idea what I've dealt with on this forum over the last 4.5 years either, DO YOU?

I have seen 100's of your type burnout, meltdown, and LEAVE; and I've forgotten them just as fast as they've arrived.

You're another wanna be tough guy, who thinks his griefing is the pinnacle of bad assery and makes DayZ so much more difficult.

The devs will school you as to what Vanilla DayZ will be, I do not have to do that.

We can debate this until blue in the face but that last word resides with Bohemia.

You sir are..... mod bound! Have a nice trip, Ramboner.

It's a pity you didn't follow my advice to calm down from your somewhat exited state of mind. A bit of Minecraft with your nephew would have done wonders for you I'm sure.

The tone of your reply is a bit frantic, try catching your breath once again and gather your thoughts, it does help quite a lot in promoting more convincingly the ideas you hold so dear.

Although I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt about your self proclaimed language skills, I will withhold final judgement until more clear and convincing evidence emerges from your writings. Presently, it seems to me that you write in the same manner as you would shout and yell. Your DayZ passion is genuine albeit somewhat agitated and clearly with an undertone of frustration for those who play the game not according to your liking. Don't be so resentful towards COD players, they are part of our great gaming family too!

Util we meet again.

Regards

2 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

Don't be so resentful towards COD players, they are part of our great gaming family too!

I'm resentful for the stale, idiotic genre that is shooters.

Nothing new in the genre has really been introduced to make, "aim, shoot, repeat", a dynamic formula for replay value.

Sprite based RNG games have done more for gaming in the last 10 years than shooters have done since GoldenEye 64.

I'm a GAMER, I do not consider most shooters-only players really gamers at all.

I would be SHOCKED if you had what I would consider "good taste" in games outside of DayZ, SHOCKED.

The lack of features in ALPHA has facilitated and yes coddled the shooter community into thinking DayZ is just that, a shooter.

I do not blame Bohemia for milking these monkeys* for every penny they are worth and know it will just go to making my survival horror game even better.

Regards

(That guy who has been having this conversation for longer than you can fathom and only gets proven more right with every update and status report.)

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

mongoloids

Really, man?

I'm giving Buakaw shit for being offensive, and you go and use this term?

...... this is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Whyherro123 said:

Really, man?

I'm giving Buakaw shit for being offensive, and you go and use this term?

...... this is why we can't have nice things.

I know, the ancient Mongols will be horribly offended for being equated to CoD kiddies.

4 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I know, the ancient Mongols will be horribly offended for being equated to CoD kiddies.

It is also used to mock people with Down Syndrome or other developmental issues.

The more you know

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Whyherro123 said:

It is also used to mock people with Down Syndrome or other developmental issues.

The more you know

And the indigenous people at my local Walmart, don't worry mongoloids don't know you're funning on 'em saying mongoloid.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Whyherro123 said:

The more you know

Yeah, I realized what you meant but it was not the underlying meaning, I was going for more of the barbarian context.

spPlLtQ.png

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
P.S: I'll edit to use the word monkey instead. Easy enough.

Is it just me, or did this thread take a downward spiral of the missing-one-of-its-fixed-wings variety?

Go back and read the OP.  It honestly seems like B8; Gr8 B8, by the looks of your guys' posts filling these last two pages.  Reddit is proud of you.

Maybe if you stopped beating each other with your second oar, this discussion can move forward, rather than in the circular fashion in which it appears to be circling the drain.  Or maybe there is no forward, as the aforementioned bait suspicion might suggest.

Is it safe to come out now?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm resentful for the stale, idiotic genre that is shooters.

Nothing new in the genre has really been introduced to make, "aim, shoot, repeat", a dynamic formula for replay value.

Sprite based RNG games have done more for gaming in the last 10 years than shooters have done since GoldenEye 64.

I'm a GAMER, I do not consider most shooters-only players really gamers at all.

I would be SHOCKED if you had what I would consider "good taste" in games outside of DayZ, SHOCKED.

The lack of features in ALPHA has facilitated and yes coddled the shooter community into thinking DayZ is just that, a shooter.

I do not blame Bohemia for milking these monkeys* for every penny they are worth and know it will just go to making my survival horror game even better.

Regards

(That guy who has been having this conversation for longer than you can fathom and only gets proven more right with every update and status report.)

As I mentioned earlier, your passion for DayZ is commendable and without doubt sincere, I have no reason to question your efforts and credentials in aiding the developers towards the long awaited final version of this great game

I do nevertheless think that a less "dogmatic" mindset would be more fruitful in the long run, not only for you, but for DayZ's long term future. Ultimately, turning this game into the equivalent of a flight simulator in the never ending search for more  "realism", will alienate many present and potentially future players. DayZ is just too good of a game concept to end up as a niche activity for a "limited" number of fans.

Bohemia needs to find that difficult but necessary middle ground, which might not completely satisfy all the hard core survivalists, but that would enable a larger number of players to enjoy this epic adventure.

As for the general level of present videogames (all genres), yes there is always room from improvement but I wouldn't entrench myself behind a too sectarian viewpoint. We all have our game preferences, denouncing gamers who play COD or other FPS doesn't really add anything new or constructive to the discussion. Gamers and the gaming industry itself have undergone enormous changes during the past 20 years. Every new generation of players will always be different than the previous, for better and for worse.

Regards

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

I do nevertheless think that a less "dogmatic" mindset would be more fruitful in the long run, not only for you, but for DayZ's long term future. Ultimately, turning this game into the equivalent of a flight simulator in the never ending search for more  "realism", will alienate many present and potentially future players. DayZ is just too good of a game concept to end up as a niche activity for a "limited" number of fans.

Well, you may not like that the lead developer said something to the effect of, "I don't care if just 12 people end playing Vanilla 1.0.". That was directed at the shooter community after complaining about PvE mechanics.

When you've dealt with the far less eloquent and far less objective (than yourself) massive influx of revolving door population here who rarely know anything about the dev process and merely scream when they can't get an M4 in -2 hours, you may find your patience thin and choice of words unapologetic at best.

Realism is not what this project aims for, authenticity while retaining fun factor is the goal.

There really is no middle ground between what I understand is a feature complete Vanilla 1.0 and what you would likely prefer.

The only solution is modding..... for you (or me if Vanilla isn't to my liking!).

You may not enjoy how much time you need to spend finding food, getting healthy, and staying healthy.

Will you let the rest of your group build your base/camp and fill it with loot never taking the time yourself?

^This is my biggest issue with the future of clans personally.

You can have your friends find all your gear and then go PvP people who actually earned their stuff and are truly invested in the lives of their characters.

7 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

We all have our game preferences, denouncing gamers who play COD or other FPS doesn't really add anything new or constructive to the discussion.

I'm not sure how old you are but FPS games have always been the most repetitive and the least creative genre and the diverse intelligent gamers I meet DO NOT come out of that community.

I do not have to denounce people who completely remove themselves from the rest of the gaming world at large and ONLY play shooters.

They have invalidated their contributions (short of graphical and performance gains, shooters have added very little in the last 20 years), by discounting all other types of games as "kiddy".

Now please tell me how you enjoy, Mario platforming games, point and click adventures, party games, puzzle games, and role playing games.... because something tells me you most likely don't.

What does that mean?

Someone who enjoys a dynamic, creative gaming experience on a regular basis surely would have more creative ideas about what constitutes fun in games.

Those people who only enjoy one super aggressive single minded style of game are going to try to force that on the rest without a single thought for other ways of interacting (even if it's merely talking before shooting, or holding someone up, *balls required).

Then they burn out at +/- 500 hours, declare themselves done with DayZ, and a master of DayZ, or some other horseshit, and to them it's old news, broken, and will never be finished, then they simply move on to Gears of War 2/3/4 ad infinitum.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

11 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

Bohemia needs to find that difficult but necessary middle ground, which might not completely satisfy all the hard core survivalists, but that would enable a larger number of players to enjoy this epic adventure.

BI needs to make the game they set out to make:  A harsh, unforgiving, zombie apocalypse survival simulator.

People who want easy mode will have access to the epoch/overpoch clones that will surely follow, so there is no point in watering down the vanilla DayZ experience to best suit the lowest common denominator.  It is easier to take away difficulty/complexity from the finished product, than to add it.

Just for the record, I used to play quite a lot of Black Ops Zombies.  Got into the double-digits on the Grief mode leaderboards for Town map.  Bio doesn't give me shit about it.  But he does cringe and gripe at me for taking potshots at random strangers. LOL

• Like 2

On 23-12-2016 at 9:20 PM, zin0 said:

Well, i've never met anyone or a group for that matter that just goes around hunting. That would be really boring after a while lol for each his own.

Well that's not our main mission anyways. Like Emuthreat said, we basically make a decision on where to go or what to do and what happens along the way happens. This can be anything, PvP, having fun with the infected, hunting, etc. It's not like we go to NWAF to PvP, if we go there, we go to loot there and if it ends in PvP then so be it. That's the fun thing about playing this way, it makes the encounters much more special.

On 24-12-2016 at 8:59 AM, Bororm said:

Except survival is such a general term as to mean anything, pvp or pve.  Survival could be construed to mean the primary focus is survival from other players.  The devs themselves have always stated players are the biggest threat.  The game from inception has been pvp focused, whether intentional or not.  And yes, that was the appeal, even from the start of the mod.  It doesn't mean it was every player's focus, but anyone who pretends the threat of being killed by another player wasn't what created the atmosphere and tension of the game is insane.  To ignore that is absurd.  The elitist attitude of telling people to go play a different game because they enjoy the strongest aspect of this one is completely asinine.

If you don't see the problems with current map flow you're not paying enough attention.  Finding food and water is also completely trivial.  Survival in the sense that you're talking about is as easy as ever.

Yeah, killing yourself to get that favorite spawn to get the best gear as soon as possible is hardcore survival. And filling someone up completly with lead until the point that all his/her gear is ruined is also hardcore survival. Also shooting everyone in the face without even interacting, specially bambi's is hardcore survival. /s

Don't come and cry to me if it's not possible anymore because you need to really survive. I'll whip out my cooking pot, not to offer you water but to catch your tears *slurp slurp slurp*.

But it's true, players are the biggest threat and that's because they're humans. However, not interacting and just ruthless murdering people is not what the game is meant for. Of course you can choose this path if you want to but sooner or later the game will make it harder and harder to just kill everyone you see without any form of interaction.

On 24-12-2016 at 10:49 AM, Lexman61 said:

As this post is similar to others regarding the "PVP vs survival simulator" debate, I can only reiterate my opinion on this matter. 

Although the developers and creators of a game have obviously an idea and a wish in how their game should be played once released, it's important to remember that it is ultimately up to each individual player deciding in what manner they want to play and enjoy the game.

This means that there is no "right or wrong" way to play DayZ. 

Lone wolfs, socially minded players, KOS enthusiasts, super stealthy resource gatherers, bandits and heroes are all part of the DayZ universe. This is what makes DayZ unique.

The idea that DayZ must and should only be played in a particular way, and that those who KOS or have a run-and-gun play style are not "doing it the right way", is simply patronizing. DayZ is not a game of chess with fixed and unquestionable rules to obey.

Naturally, there are more suitable games for those who prefer high kill counts and continuous fast paced action, but this is once again a personal choice. The area in which DayZ takes place is large enough to include all sorts of players and play styles. Yes it might be irritating and frustrating for some "survival diehards" spending time gearing up their character just to get KOS by some guy who thinks he's playing COD or Battlefield but, after all that is part of the risk and uncertainty which makes DayZ so special.

You can shelter yourself from the rain, gather food and drink water to feed yourself, run from or kill zombies and wolves, cure wounds and infections but the ultimate and deadliest threat to your survival will always be the other PLAYERS. 

How boring, if this game could only be played as "survivor simulator" or only as a run-and-gun shooter. Play in whatever way suits your style best, there is room for everybody!

Of course it's everyone's personal choice on how to play the game, after all that's what the goal of the game is. Although it makes me sad when the majority of the players just kill everyone they see, even the people who pose no threat to them like fresh spawns, etc. You will miss out on a potential fun/weird encounter and trust me if there is a game which has potential fun/weird encounters it would be DayZ!

On 24-12-2016 at 1:30 PM, Lexman61 said:

Those who claim that DayZ is not difficult enough and that more importance should be given to the more bread-and-butter survival aspects rather than PvP, seem to suffer from what I call the "Robinson Crusoe" syndrome.

Crusoe, as you might remember, spent 28 years on an apparently desert island after getting shipwrecked. For the first 12 years he did nothing but gather resources, build himself a small fort, raised goats, hunted animals and planted crops. If was only after many lonesome years that we finally got some action on Crusoe's island. Very interesting to read about, but hardly the kind of activities to base a videogame on. 

If the Crusoe style is your thing no problem, there are plenty of opportunities for you. But don't forget that, in a real life post apocalypse scenario were anarchy reigns supreme, gangs of no mercy killers, looters, rapists and other highly dangerous individuals would roam freely in city streets and countryside so the KOS and run-and-gun style is absolutely justified too in DayZ.

The only difference is, at some point stuff is going to run out. And then you need to resort to farming, raising animals for meat, etc. Also, bullets would be rarer and rarer as time goes on. You have no idea how a real apocalypse scenario would turn out but I'm confident that it isn't going to be the way you described it. Perhaps in the beginning but after a while resources are going to run out and from that point killing everyone you see will cost you eventually, perhaps it will cost you your life. Don't base realism on TV shows or movies because I have the impression that that's what you're doing. Sure, there will be rotten apples but not how it is in DayZ where almost everyone is a rotten apple.

On 25-12-2016 at 9:38 AM, Lexman61 said:

Bear in mind also the release of "Escape from Tarkov" next year, which undoubtedly (if successful), will appeal to many DayZ. players with obvious consequences.

That's just because they can just pew pew in a more realistic way without having to think about feeding yourself, etc. I say let them go if they want to because DayZ is NOT going to turn out something like Escape From Tarkov. I also will probably play Escape From Tarkov but that's because I like open-world shooters which are kind of realistic. Of course I also like (hardcore) survival game and DayZ would be my go-to for that genre. It's just how BioHaze said, if you know how DayZ 1.0 is going to turn out then you know that the shooting everyone on sight is going to be something from the past.

Although people like to think DayZ is PvP based and is always going to be, they are wrong. Why? Because Brian Hicks himself said "We want to see the game in a way where a player has to make the choice to either shoot that bullet with all possible consequences tied to it or choose to solve it another way". And that my friend is real survival. Making critical choices which can keep you alive or either can get you killed.

On 25-12-2016 at 4:03 PM, Lexman61 said:

How does this all connect to DayZ? Well it can only do so in a partial manner since a videogame is always a compromise between "realism" and entertainment (flight simulators for pilots excluded). So although you would see relatively few lone wolfs and killers in the ensuing anarchy of a real life apocalypse because people would naturally tend to help each other in small communities/groups to survive, DayZ is different BECAUSE it is a video game and must obey to a different set parameters. For many players KOS and run-and-gun are part of the entertainment too. Trying to force all players to play in a certain manner would be counterproductive.

You're wrong in this part because they want DayZ to be a somewhat REALISTIC survival SIMULATOR. I like the way how you think but you need to think a bit deeper to understand how humans would react to and behave in an apocalypse situation. All life forms on earth are interesting species, this includes humans. Humans NEED each other in order to stay alive, otherwise they go insanse and will be depressed and maybe even commit suicide. Also killing people when the world has gone to shit would be incredibly hard and specially when bullets run out. Killing someone with guns is easy but killing someone up close with a knife or what ever really takes some guts. Because you need to look them in the eyes while you do it, you will hear them scream from up close and will feel their pain. And it will be especially hard if they're innocent!

• Like 1