Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136845

First of our post stable update exp builds:

- Adjustments to Infected Aggro
- Adjustment to preload of objects
- Infected now attack prone players

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

• Like 9

characters weren't wiped...

had a minor framedrop (i guess loading of objects) in x86 version, let's see how it plays in the long run...

(is there a startup parameter for steam to always run x64 version? i realy hate opening the desktop shortcut out of a habit and then using x86 version)

ok and please fix the black head, fix the suicid glitch, fix the stone glitch, fix the apples glitch, fix the water pump glitch, fix the crashes ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

characters weren't wiped...

had a minor framedrop (i guess loading of objects) in x86 version, let's see how it plays in the long run...

(is there a startup parameter for steam to always run x64 version? i realy hate opening the desktop shortcut out of a habit and then using x86 version)

I think you mean x64 and x32 bit clients? As far as I know, no one anywhere ever has released an 84 bit client :) I would love a startup parameter to run 64 bit as opposed to 32 every time though. There is a way to make a shortcut on your desktop to the 64 bit, but it is buggy. I always get the message, "cannot find a running instance of steam" when launching the 64bit from a shortcut. I always got booted from a server with the message "steam verification failed" using that method. 

Also, I noticed that GeForce Experience doesn't show the FPS when using the 64 bit client for some reason, in both stable and experimental. It shows using the 32 bit, just not 64.

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

I think you mean x64 and x32 bit clients? As far as I know, no one anywhere ever has released an 84 bit client :) I would love a startup parameter to run 64 bit as opposed to 32 every time though. There is a way to make a shortcut on your desktop to the 64 bit, but it is buggy. I always get the message, "cannot find a running instance of steam" when launching the 64bit from a shortcut. I always got booted from a server with the message "steam verification failed" using that method. 

Also, I noticed that GeForce Experience doesn't show the FPS when using the 64 bit client for some reason, in both stable and experimental. It shows using the 32 bit, just not 64.

x86=32 bit so he means 32 bit.

If you start the game with dayz shortcut not through steam it will show fps with geforce exp., also in 64 bit client.

• Like 1

Some observations. Infected with "broken legs" now attack you. Never got hit by one prior to this patch. Infected seem to aggro from a bit further, although crouching really helps in sneaking by them. While fighting them, they can still hit you without first doing an attack animation, and all the while being "staggered" by a hit.

If a gas lamp is damaged, the light seems blocked by the "damaged" texture cell. Gonna try again with a worn or pristine one tonight.

So far 0 lag, an interacting with the environment, other players or simply doing various actions/animations is very responsive.

Cheers! And enjoy your holidays!

jhsod4.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nl said:

x86=32 bit so he means 32 bit.

If you start the game with dayz shortcut not through steam it will show fps with geforce exp., also in 64 bit client.

I didnt realize x84 means 32 bit lol oops. Also, I got the fps counter to work in 64bit client by launching the desktop shortcut, but I got kicked from a server for failing a steam verification check thing. I assumed it was related to launching DayZ from the 64bit desktop shortcut. I get an error that says couldn't find a running instance of steam right when I launch, but it launches anyway. Thanks for the reply!

1 hour ago, JeaZy said:

ok and please fix the black head, fix the suicid glitch, fix the stone glitch, fix the apples glitch, fix the water pump glitch, fix the crashes ...

Black head and suicide glitch i can understand but why fix the others?  They work pretty realisticly atm.  It shouldnt take longer then 10-30 seconds to find a stone.  I can chug 3 or 4 glasses of water at a pump in around a min.  And if i walk to a tree full if apples i can pick my full in a matter of a couple mins.  Why does this bug people so much?

Been a week or 2 since i been able to get on the computer.  Miss dayz so much.  Need to find a good day i can het my fill haha.  How are interactions treating people on exp now that .61 is on stable?

48 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Black head and suicide glitch i can understand but why fix the others?  They work pretty realisticly atm.  It shouldnt take longer then 10-30 seconds to find a stone.  I can chug 3 or 4 glasses of water at a pump in around a min.  And if i walk to a tree full if apples i can pick my full in a matter of a couple mins.  Why does this bug people so much?

Been a week or 2 since i been able to get on the computer.  Miss dayz so much.  Need to find a good day i can het my fill haha.  How are interactions treating people on exp now that .61 is on stable?

Now imagine 20 people walking by an apple tree and taking out everything they can find of them. 

everything ran smooth on x86 after the little frame drop in the first 5 min.

i still swiched to x64 after around 20min, and no issues at all.

infected: they have better eyes again, maybe a bit to good for my taste, but that only means i need to adapt my stealth.

i tried to aggro an infected with a silenced akm, and he didnt come (distance around 20m). some KOS kiddie came and shot at me. missed, i retreated he followed me, and died (kos doesn't pay, especially not on EXP)

tested how infected act when i go prone, and got pushed around 30m. he then stopped, lost his aggro, found me again, and started hitting me. so infected hitting prone players: check

it's far from perfect with the pushing, but that has been explained already, so we need to work for the new player physics

haven't seen any christmas trees, but i found a cute little Brian (in pink). he'S now watching my sewing kit^^

Fruit bearing plants and tress will be some sort of world containers in the future.

No reason to waste time on putting a band-aid on it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally some time to play again, thanks devs!

Suggestion:

Chance for handgun spawned into chest holster with various degrees of attachments and with or without mag or rounds in variety of conditions.

Thank you.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
Only seeing chest holsters in the hospital I'm in....

3 hours ago, JeaZy said:

yes

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

First of our post stable update exp builds:

- Adjustments to Infected Aggro
- Adjustment to preload of objects
- Infected now attack prone players

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

If you guys are trying to push the survival aspect of the game as a MUST, so why the apple tree's glitch is still working? Cooking,fishing,hunting,farming is not useful then,we can eat hundreads of apples... talking about stable :why its always sunny and always day, can't you just force the day-night cycle  and metereological cycle in all server? Is it that hard to do? That would make the game a lot more survival in few little changes...also making the food rarer would be great, i remember the time of 0.55 patch, that was awesome.

23 minutes ago, Cristoi said:

If you guys are trying to push the survival aspect of the game as a MUST, so why the apple tree's glitch is still working? Cooking,fishing,hunting,farming is not useful then,we can eat hundreads of apples... talking about stable :why its always sunny and always day, can't you just force the day-night cycle  and metereological cycle in all server? Is it that hard to do? That would make the game a lot more survival in few little changes...also making the food rarer would be great, i remember the time of 0.55 patch, that was awesome.

i don't know what you are talking about, but there is a day-night cycle. if you had only day you must have played like 30 min max.

ALL exp. servers have accelerated time (i think it is x6), so if you play 4h you have had night for a couple of hours. maybe you are not realizing you are using a high gamma setting so it seems like day, when it's just abuse.

and yes, it's often sunny, but there were a couple of rainstorms when i played exp, and they are realy dangerous if you don't have protection. so constant rain would kill 60+% of freshspawns by hypothermia, and slow the game down a great deal for the rest.

apple trees will be fixed later. it has been said 10^100 times, that fixing bugs that occure because of legacy modules that will be replaced in the future is a waste of time.

i assume you know this game isn't finished, so you shouldn'T expect it to be balanced.

if you are just looking for a place to vent your disappointment, i suggest you create a textfile, write everything down, and then delete it. but if you want to be constructive, i suggest you read a few status reports, watch dev videos (aka educate yourself), then come back, and help with feedback on the things that are in testing. (see Hicks' post)

39 minutes ago, Cristoi said:

The thing is, we must keep in mind that this is a work in progress, and does not reflect the final product.

Also, there will probably be a more efficient to collect apples or berries from trees and bushes, as waiting for a 5 second animation to get a "I haven't found anything" isn't immersive/realistic/authentic when you can clearly see that the tree is filled with 100+ apples.

If you don't want to eat apples, hunt. If you don't like hunting, fish. If you don't like either, you can farm, or scavenge for food. We have multiple choices, and it should stay this way. 

Right now, making all things food related more scarce might make the "survival" aspect more present, and it might be more fun for many, but it doesn't help at all creating the core elements of the game.

Major balancing will come once we reach beta.

• Like 1

Some more observations:  With the old legacy lighting, there was a restriction on the number of light sources, which was 4. Now with the new lighting system, I wanted to test it out, but after tossing 5 chemlights, there was major FPS drops in the vicinity of the light sources, making a weird lag bubble.

Something to check out. 

34 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

i don't know what you are talking about, but there is a day-night cycle. if you had only day you must have played like 30 min max.

ALL exp. servers have accelerated time (i think it is x6), so if you play 4h you have had night for a couple of hours. maybe you are not realizing you are using a high gamma setting so it seems like day, when it's just abuse.

and yes, it's often sunny, but there were a couple of rainstorms when i played exp, and they are realy dangerous if you don't have protection. so constant rain would kill 60+% of freshspawns by hypothermia, and slow the game down a great deal for the rest.

apple trees will be fixed later. it has been said 10^100 times, that fixing bugs that occure because of legacy modules that will be replaced in the future is a waste of time.

i assume you know this game isn't finished, so you shouldn'T expect it to be balanced.

if you are just looking for a place to vent your disappointment, i suggest you create a textfile, write everything down, and then delete it. but if you want to be constructive, i suggest you read a few status reports, watch dev videos (aka educate yourself), then come back, and help with feedback on the things that are in testing. (see Hicks' post)

I'm talking about stable, the night-day cycle isn't workig and also there's no rain, i'm playing dayz since january 2014, and i know everything about the early access, i saw guys telling other guys:''dayz sucks bla bla'' and the other ones (like you);'' its not finished,read stats reports,  EARLY ACCESS ALPHA YOU C***T bla bla'' and the others kids saying dayz is dead.

I saw this, and all stages of developing, i want to make you an example: the mosin gun wrap that devs added in old patches, that now it doesn't exist and it's replaced by ghillie wrap...WHY do they spent time on that? it's ultra alpha early access game no? I think our devs in 2 strings of code can make the apple trees bug no longer exist, and also with some sort of ''loot count'' reduce the loot. I'm not complaining about ''where's the helicopter!1!1!1!" or "i want to custom my v3s with extreme add-ons" i just need them to put some easy strings inside the dayz core. If they want i can personally go there (czech republic) i think and made it instead of them..free...i don't need money, in 5-6 hour's i can be there.  

PS i'm a great fun, i play only dayz since 2014..never touched other games the only thing in these 3 years i didn't undestand is what i wrote above..

Edited by Cristoi

32 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

The thing is, we must keep in mind that this is a work in progress, and does not reflect the final product.

Also, there will probably be a more efficient to collect apples or berries from trees and bushes, as waiting for a 5 second animation to get a "I haven't found anything" isn't immersive/realistic/authentic when you can clearly see that the tree is filled with 100+ apples.

If you don't want to eat apples, hunt. If you don't like hunting, fish. If you don't like either, you can farm, or scavenge for food. We have multiple choices, and it should stay this way. 

Right now, making all things food related more scarce might make the "survival" aspect more present, and it might be more fun for many, but it doesn't help at all creating the core elements of the game.

Major balancing will come once we reach beta.

It isn't about what i want to eat, it's about what i NEED. And in a extreme post apocaliptic russian world i want to feel the hunger, the cold, the struggle of low ammo...c'mon guys, at the beginning it wasn't possible but now it can be possible with the temperature they added and the new ways of getting food they added. Some people already forgot how to make a fish trap, and what did they solve with this? Nothing, just potential contect data that isn't arriving to them.

10 minutes ago, Cristoi said:

I'm talking about stable

then you are in the wrong topic.

Topic is called "Exp Update 0.61.136845", and the main purpose should be discussing this build, not stable.

11 minutes ago, Cristoi said:

the night-day cycle isn't workig and also there's no rain

play on a differnt server then. time settings are up to the server owners.(some) official DayZ servers should have time acceleration turned on, so if you want a proper day/night cycle, thats the way to go. weather is randomized, if you have only sun, thats bad luck for players that prefer rain. sure more coulds or fog would be nice sometimes, but it's not to bad the way it is.

16 minutes ago, Cristoi said:

the mosin gun wrap that devs added in old patches, that now it doesn't exist and it's replaced by ghillie wrap...WHY do they spent time on that?

afair they werent sure if they wanted ghillies at first, but they changed their minds, and later designers were still working making funtioning ghillies possible, and looking good.

i think you know that item creation is a whole differnt topic, than modle development. so why should they spend hundreds of manhours on fixing legacy bugs? software developers hours are verly likely much more limited than designer hours, so wasting them would help noone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

@odin_lowe

Christmas trees are in.

No pic because I forgot to start fraps. :/

Yep! I noticed this morning when Baty told me, and you liked a post I made this morning, with the Zelenogorsk Christmas tree in the background. Thanks for letting me know anyway, I appreciate it! 

Enjoy your holidays fellas!

2sa05tv.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

with the Zelenogorsk Christmas tree in the background.

I totally missed that. :P

ZQc14Wx.jpg

• Like 2