Exp Update 0.61.136796

First of our post stable update exp builds:

- Fix for issues with container contents desync
- Fix to address supersonic cracks
- Adjustments of animal SFX levels
- Adjustment of infected foot steps SFX levels
- Adjustment to infected swing SFX
- Fix for a common server crash

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

It looks like we may be testing 75 player servers on some instances - this does not mean anything - don't get too hyped, it just means the team wants to see data on this.

• Like 11

lower foot step sounds for the zds. excellent

• Like 1

Day/Night settings for exp. servers? If anyone can help, just setting up a stable server and I have grown used to the day night cycles on the exp. servers :-)

15 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

It looks like we may be testing 75 player servers on some instances - this does not mean anything - don't get too hyped,

Don't get too hyped...

Don't get hyped...

Do get hyped...

get hyped...

hyped...

I am hyped.

• Like 8

Is there a way to set the x64 client as your default client? When I use steam to join a the same server as a friend, it will automatically launch the 32bit. It would also be nice if I could use the DayZ desktop icon for 64bit as well :)

I must admit, after two years of hoarding, I can't get enough of these daily updates with character wipes.

Show us what you got.

• Like 5

Hey Brian! You guys are rocking it! Thanks so much! <3

One question! Will you guys be incorporating your daily updates into Stable updates everyday? Or only when you've hit a peak change in performance and bug fixes? (As in patch everyday versus one large fix patch on like Friday?)

• Like 1

played for a while, had no view "crosshair", but the weapon crosshair was still there. i'd rather have it the other way, if changes are intention.

• Like 2

I'd like to make a request for the debug box. Could we see water/food values as well? Makes sense since we can monitor health, blood and position.

Also, I've not checked if this is even a thing, but being able to see it while dead/unconscious could be useful as well. 

• Like 6

Lower zombie footsteps it sounds like they're a lot closer than they are, lower zombie speed and stamina, make items spawn in military prison again, tactical helmet and gloves as soon as possible pls

Edited by WealthyUgandanPrince

3 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

I'd like to make a request for the debug box. Could we see water/food values as well? Makes sense since we can monitor health, blood and position.

Also, I've not checked if this is even a thing, but being able to see it while dead/unconscious could be useful as well. 

Shock status would be good, too for seeing if there are any abnormal shock hits with certain weapons or body parts.  Maybe this is not important now since they will be reworking the damage system, though(?).

Edited by sanguine00

3 hours ago, WealthyUgandanPrince said:

make items spawn in military prison again

This building won't have loot spawning in it until the new player controller gets implemented, and players can't "glitch" through walls anymore. This have been said many, many times before.

• Like 4

Hi, please fix the books to be seen how many pages. To us it is important for our role play project.

• Like 1

Ever since this newest EXP build dropped, despite my having checked "Proper Version Match" in the server browser, the browser pulls up all the stable servers.

36 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Ever since this newest EXP build dropped, despite my having checked "Proper Version Match" in the server browser, the browser pulls up all the stable servers.

Yes, this is because they are literally running the same version right now. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, barelyinfected said:

Yes, this is because they are literally running the same version right now. :)

Then what's the point of having an EXP build up?  

2 hours ago, Sellax said:

Hi, please fix the books to be seen how many pages. To us it is important for our role play project.

I would not expect changes to this anytime soon.

With all of the other game breaking and game making changes we need, I doubt this is a priority to the development of DayZ.

I can not join a single (stable) server.

They all tell me it's a bad version and I've been rejected even though they show up when I click "proper matching version" in the filter

Edit: I can only join experimental servers even though I'm in stable.

Edited by VVarhead

Ok, seems like my steam bugged out.

I couldn't change from experimental to stable even though I played it yesterday.

Anyone that has the same problem restart steam and check your beta options in DayZ -> properties

Edited by VVarhead