Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Stable Update 0.61.136770

Also, grenade tripwires disappear after 1 hour. I set up 2 tripwire with unpinned grenades near mil tents, waited for victims. There was none and when I go near the traps they were gone.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:29 AM, Solus Lupus said:

Dev team redone the graph & sound engine this year. That's why most of us didn't see a lot of new things. We should see more news in the next year builds.

Don't forget we gone from ~30 fps to +60fps in big cities, 3D sound system, wolves , etc ...

Not only but there is dehydration, hunger, thirst, hypothermia, etc., and all are working well to bring immersion into the game. Zombie animation and engine have been overhauled, wolves and animals work well. There is a lot of crafting... This game is a completely different game. Exile... that game is just a run and gun PvP! Not only that but Exile doesn't have near the amount of development as DayZ SA, it is a mod and uses many preconfigured features.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

Also, grenade tripwires disappear after 1 hour. I set up 2 tripwire with unpinned grenades near mil tents, waited for victims. There was none and when I go near the traps they were gone.

How close were you to the tents while doing overwatch?  If you go outside a certain radius, item cleanup conditions can be triggered.  This is why if you are alone and drop your gun in the grass, going a couple hundred meters away to look at low texture grass will cause the gun to despawn; someone has to camp it.

Did you ever confirm that they were still there even 15 minutes after setting them?  It could be that tripwires aren't configured correctly to persist any longer than regular items.

• Like 4

I had one of harder and maybe best games of Dayz in a long long time. At one point I had to fight zombies, collect materials to build fire, orange thirst and game didn't let me place fire kit anywhere, all in same time. I was an inch from rage quitting, but I decided to fight to the end. And it payed off. I survived.

edit: I cant remember having harder time to survive, first 90 minutes were really frustrating

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, emuthreat said:

How close were you to the tents while doing overwatch?  If you go outside a certain radius, item cleanup conditions can be triggered.  This is why if you are alone and drop your gun in the grass, going a couple hundred meters away to look at low texture grass will cause the gun to despawn; someone has to camp it.

Did you ever confirm that they were still there even 15 minutes after setting them?  It could be that tripwires aren't configured correctly to persist any longer than regular items.

Well it was in Tisy mil base. I set the tripwires just front of the door of Green solid tent with bunks and beds. Then I climbed to the roof of the deserted building. It was 100 or 150 meters away. I didnt confirm I waited exactly 1 hour. In 0.60 patch I did this and went through the forest, it was 300-400 meters away I believe and it worked even tho I waited 2 hours there. I think you are right, maybe its not persist to stay longer than 10 mins.

Those punching mechanics need to be altered. One man Shouldnt be able to one shot 4 players ko. Who are carrying fire axes, Spears and hoes. 

My bow did the trick tho 

Just got my ears melted off in a firefight with the new sounds and the varieties of zips/snaps, they're awesome!

While I had real struggle to survive two days ago when I was fresh spawn, last night was walk in the park. I had rain coat and when it was raining I never got cooling off status. Maintaining green energised and hidrated status was easy. Now off to west to find location for my camp.

• Like 1

So what's up with the hiking jackets? They are "water resistant" just like the raincoats (mouse-over description). I suspect the raincoat should still be more effective then the hiking jacket but do not know for sure? Does anyone know exactly how long it takes to warm up next to a fire when hypothermic? Should all clothing be taken off to properly warm-up? What am I missing when trying to lite a fire in the log-cabin houses in the fire place? I didn't get an option to start a fire in the fire place.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Schweinsteiger said:

So what's up with the hiking jackets? They are "water resistant" just like the raincoats (mouse-over description). I suspect the raincoat should still be more effective then the hiking jacket but do not know for sure? Does anyone know exactly how long it takes to warm up next to a fire when hypothermic? Should all clothing be taken off to properly warm-up? What am I missing when trying to lite a fire in the log-cabin houses in the fire place? I didn't get an option to start a fire in the fire place.

Thanks.

Raincoats, Firefighters and Prisoners jackets are the only truly waterproof tops in the game right now (as far as I know) at 0% absorbency.  Gorka is the best alternative to those at 5%, Gorka will protect against the hardest rains but it's not truly waterproof so it will still get a damp/wet status if you go swimming. The Hiking Jacket is 25% absorbency which is not very good compared to other options. Rider's Jacket or Bomber jacket would be better choices at 10% absorbency.

It should take 10+ minutes to warm up at a fire from hypothermic levels but if you let yourself get to hypothermic level you'll be losing blood and health so you might not make it anyway.  Make sure you're close enough to the fire that you see your damp/wet statuses changing and/or the "I am warming up" messages - but make sure not to get too close or you'll burn yourself and lose blood & health rapidly and make your situation even worse.   You can take off your clothes to accelerate the warming up process.  It skips the clothes-drying-out part of the sequence and gets right to body-temperature warming.  If those few minutes are the difference between life and death then get naked and dry your clothes off later.

Fireplaces might be a little bugged right now, have a look here

• Like 1

Are rabbit snare traps (still) broken ? I caught a rabbit, could pick up the trap but not the rabbit corps. It wasn't displayed in the vicinity. Sorry if this is old news, just trying to survive...

17 hours ago, gambla said:

Are rabbit snare traps (still) broken ? I caught a rabbit, could pick up the trap but not the rabbit corps. It wasn't displayed in the vicinity. Sorry if this is old news, just trying to survive...

You just have to treat the rabbit like any other dead animal (i.e. chicken, cow, wolf). Look at it with a knive in hand and wiggle about until you find that "skin and quarter" spot.

• Like 1

Is status bug somehow bigger than usual?i am energisez whole time?

On 12/19/2016 at 4:07 PM, DaveB said:

Well if that means no more crappy videos from you for a while, thats great news !

Now, how does it feel?

no point making crappy videos (not done wid for 6mths and still getting followers) of a game that got less interest in than donald trump, that is developed so slowly that if it went any slower it would be going backwards. stopped doing them cause the game not getting any better, thats the only reason. player base dropped so so much that theres no point. like right now there is less than 7500 playing the game, where the other game i now play a hell of alot more has 60k, and that 7500 is quite high for dayz, usually around 4500-5000 and it just keeps getting lower. only reason this was stable is so it had more than 1 update in a year, longest game ever in early access and so much longer to go to boot. 2019 this game MIGHT be beta

On 12/20/2016 at 0:16 PM, purpple said:

Hi all.

Yes, Same here, on both 32 and 64. Random crashes. Never had a single crash since 3 years ago (appart from the old one when you quit game).

Sry for my rough english.

thats because it was not ready for stable

1 hour ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

2019 this game MIGHT be beta

Just quoting you on this, for future reference.

So salty..Alright, I'm done arguing with you.

16 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Just quoting you on this, for future reference.

So salty..Alright, I'm done arguing with you.

you quote it m8 no prob, way way too much to get done. i pop in here now and then to see if anything has changed, im neither upset or bitter m8. just find it funny when people are saying what the generation before (inc me) was saying 2 yrs ago. if you have a good meme for deluded please include that too as many of you are, all i can say is ........ youll see

16 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

no point making crappy videos (not done wid for 6mths and still getting followers) of a game that got less interest in than donald trump, that is developed so slowly that if it went any slower it would be going backwards. stopped doing them cause the game not getting any better, thats the only reason. player base dropped so so much that theres no point. like right now there is less than 7500 playing the game, where the other game i now play a hell of alot more has 60k, and that 7500 is quite high for dayz, usually around 4500-5000 and it just keeps getting lower. only reason this was stable is so it had more than 1 update in a year, longest game ever in early access and so much longer to go to boot. 2019 this game MIGHT be beta

Comments like this make no sense to me.  If you dislike this game then go play the other fucking game and stop acting like you're better than everyone else or that you are the first to discover that development is slower than expected.  Most people in this thread still enjoy the game for what it is and are anxious for what is to come.  Yes, every single person here already knows what the development pace is, so what you are saying is nothing new.  I took a few month hiatus until .61 came out myself.  Bye.