Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Stable Update 0.61.136770

Hi. WTF!? all millitary objects have not any loot! Millitarylootspawned only inTisy but only clothes and backpacks. Where all guns??? Why helicrashes have only smoke and clothes?

Call it bad luck, but played hours during the day after update to .61 and came again to play at night (same server) and when game launched character was wiped... Would understand if update occurred, but it did not.

Per last comment, also noticed weapons were not spawning in NW airfield like everyone says.  My first attempt to ever reach this so far though...  This was on a public server.

maybe folks have been there before you and took all the loot. it was on public and since it's a new update the hoppers are out in full force as they are lazy POS. guns do spawn at tisy as my friend found an M4 and a AK. check the green guard shacks I find small arms and at tisy I found an MP5. I like the loot most folks I seen have guns ammo. you just need to look. adapt to the update you know survive. 

1 hour ago, ECO80X said:

Hi. WTF!? all millitary objects have not any loot! Millitarylootspawned only inTisy but only clothes and backpacks. Where all guns??? Why helicrashes have only smoke and clothes?

Let me just whip out the cooking pot here, ahh there we go. Fill it up nicely, I need the tears to stay hydrated!

Get used to it buddy, quantity of loot will get probably even less in the future. In my opinion, there is still too much military loot. Although I didn't find much loot initially, after a server crash there was more than enough. See my video above what I have in my inventory, if you think that's not a lot of loot please stop playing. Keep in mind, there was no server hopping or duping involved. It was on a low pop server and I joined not long after the update. I went to Staroye military tents, Veresnik, NWAF, NWAF again (server crashed whilst looting there so I decided to start over), Tisy. I then took a break and after coming back looting Tisy again and finally the western tents at the northern highway. With all the stuff I currently have I can kill I guess up to 25 people, maybe even more.

• Like 4

The current patch is really, really good.

Thank you for all your work, devs!
And I mean all of you. Map makers, model makers, sound guys, sound engine programmers, animation peepz, AI programmers, bug fixers and everyone else I just can't think of :)

9 hours ago, TheHappyMile said:

or just do not punch your friend... xD He obviously respawned after disconnecting...

Ok yeah I agree, but it's still a bug.  And he disconnected after we sat there for an hour using 3 E-Pens on him, he didn't wake up. No one unconcious seems to wake up.

I put it on the bug tracker

so,is this stable persistent and if its,how long?

12 hours ago, igor-vk said:

I played for hour or so. Didn't find anything useful in Berezino. Then rain started and I quickly got freezing and hypothermia status. Finding place to start fire was a bitch. I finally decided to try on hospital roof. I started fire, took all wet clothes off but didn't get warm at all and died in two minutes. This update will mostly be about finding place to warm up.

Was it still raining as you lit a fire on an unsheltered rooftop?  If you don't get under a tree or some compatible structure to block the rain, your are going to have poor results.

6 hours ago, ECO80X said:

First of all, they have mentioned numerous times that guns have been removed from crashsite spawns for this patch, as they had an issue preventing them from controlling the number of guns at those spawns. So don't expect crashsites to have guns, until further notice.

A few others have mentioned the first day of stable patch, ergo, hoppers.  Take your time and plan your moves, but be efficient and cover lots of ground.
I was disappointed with the amount of loot I found in Myshkino tents, so I ran to Lopatino and started chipping away at a herd of cows with my Longhorn.  Now all I need is a couple boxes of nails.

Find a way to make your own fun; don't sit there crying about the loot gods not smiling down on you enough, when really, you have just been out-looted by other players.  Git Guud,

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

so,is this stable persistent and if its,how long?

Persistence seemed to work fine on Exp over the weekend, and I've got a tent and a couple barrels on stable, so it is working.

That being said, there is still an Experimental branch for continued development of .61.  I believe the goal is to get vehicles back in the game, with the desync issues resolved.
I haven't heard either way, but I would 100% expect to see a wipe when the final version of .61 is merged.  I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple wipes to stable over the coming weeks, especially if new problems arise after vehicles make it back in.

• Like 1

Any plans to fix the face bug? Seems to be a pretty big issue right now and is kind of game breaking. (i.e the bug that causes face to be pitch black, and visible from thousands of meters away)

What about automaticaly Hide body in 0.61? Whenplayer dead body just hide...

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Was it still raining as you lit a fire on an unsheltered rooftop?  If you don't get under a tree or some compatible structure to block the rain, your are going to have poor results.

No, it wasnt raining. I dont think you can start fire in rain. 

2 hours ago, LackLustreSurvivor said:

What do you mean sticks are OP?

Maybe he got killed by a player using a stick ;)

On a serious note pointy sticks are quite good killing infected as its one hand weapon, rather fast attack with nice damage even when hitting body only. Might be good against players too I think.

On 20/12/2016 at 8:24 AM, IMT said:

Let me just whip out the cooking pot here, ahh there we go. Fill it up nicely, I need the tears to stay hydrated!

.......Greatest post ever!  Instead of making silencer or traps i will save my bottles for you sir.  I read of many tears for collecting on these forums.

• Like 2

just one more patch tomorrow?
cos  you cant really make any fire on those buildings.!
if you go front of a bookshell its shows.... place fireplace.

*sigh* Why oh why all the character wipes? What is so fundamentally different between releases that it requires a complete wipe???

Add a christmas tree - wipe all characters. Adjust loot balance - wipe all characters. and so on... Really??

10 hours ago, kopo79 said:

just one more patch tomorrow?
cos  you cant really make any fire on those buildings.!
if you go front of a bookshell its shows.... place fireplace.

Have you tried it? My first reaction was "ok, where did it go?" whilst looking at the fireplace. Then I started to laugh:

UJW5gBv.jpg

But normal fires work as intended luckily. It is nice that the crosshair is gone, it provides better screenshots. Now a way to remove the text messages temporarily in the left bottom corner and we're golden.

lN9IXGg.jpg

I noticed a bug in the animal AI. Emuthreat and I noticed it first while tracking some deer. We heard the sound of them constantly go from east to west and we're wondering what's up with that. When we started to hunt them they ran of course. But they came back and ran again, and came back, etc. The same happened again yesterday with wolves. I finally made them flee with only 14 rounds left for my SKS and started to collect their juicy meat and did some inventory management. I thought it would be best to cook them a bit more north instead of right next to the northern highway. While going north I heard howles coming from the south and yep, there were they are again, three of them. Well, back to the house again of course. After killing two of them with my Makarov to spare SKS ammo the final one ran along the northern highway. After collecting their meat and when I was going north for a second time I suddenly heard some pistol shots coming from Severograd (the way the wolf went). Probably another killer put the last one of the pack down, some free meat for him because I did all of the work and he just avoided confrontation with a whole pack

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

pohfYyg.jpg

After trying todays experimental patch I had my first stable run today and initially ran solo for over an hour and didn't get a backpack until midway up the map.

Mostly I played with emuthreat, starvingart, and some new random friendlies.

emuthreat had a friend murder him so we could start fresh together and we soon found ourselves in Berezino.

There emu ran into a neutral player named Griff and then met up with me near the docks.

3vAXeo1.jpg

We set out West and in short order I came across a barrel with a little ammo and a compass stashed in cabin.

BklEyZV.jpg

emu decides to carry it and we commence to looting one half of the town before running into Griff again this time with his his friend Pepperoni.

dPT05zL.jpg

We exchange TS info and steam names and go our separate ways.

Now emu and I are trying to run to another location to start a new camp when we encounter our first pack of wolves.

We ran while getting bit until we found a building to run into.

Armed with only a chambered Sporter we hoped to kill them off from the relative safety of this building before moving on.

6ftGiKR.jpg

The first white wolf clipped through the building and fought with us in close quarters.

We killed it with Sporter and ice axe and then emu continued to pick away at the wolves, eventually letting the infected in to be dealt with in melee and then concentrating on wolves again.

Next we heard people outside and it was Griff and friend once more!

kGGuRcV.jpg

Fj2l81l.jpg

They helped us dispatch the wolves and then it was BBQ time!

QzlBA90.jpg

People struggles with fireplaces but we eventually got a barrel going.

kWeg9xh.jpg

i7iymxg.jpg

ANH6HW1.jpg

Running about with a barrel as it's flame dies creates some entertaining fire trails!

Not long after this we part ways with our new friends and set off on our own.

9OtoYNW.jpg

Up on this tower emu's neck does an emu's neck impression.

xPPEl50.jpg

Ucm0y0T.jpg

emu had a bugged status update system and refused to log before camp.

Sure enough a zombie knocked him out and bugged status meant he was frozen in the state.

3p9Rgg3.jpg

I killed him with his own axe and then saved his gear and amde the hike to the tents to drop things off.

He respawned nearby and was making his way back to me when he was trapped ina bus wreck by another pack of wolves.

I grabbed an AKM and slung a repeater on my back for emu and ran from the camp to the bus to try to save him.

The whole time he is telling me how is distracting them with a flare and poking them with a pointed stick when they come inside.

I finally arrive and see the pack swarming.

Soon they catch wind of me watching from afar.

edVuZoA.jpg

I sprint into the bus and after getting my bearings I take 2 out and the other 2 run off.

kg5Dq7K.jpg

We then skin emu's tormentors and I log shortly there after.

Having saved my friend from a fate worse than puppy chow.

PEr8MTc.jpg

High five!

• Like 5

....Hard act to follow.

Here's my point of view While first cooking with Bio, Art, Griff,  and Pepperoni.  I was pretty washed-out from blood loss fighting the wolves.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

I met back up with Griff, Pepperoni, and another friend of theirs after Bio logged off, and we got some cow cooking goin'.

After that, I met up with Kohlbar in Berezino, and struggled to find a water vessel to finally revive him.  He had fallen victim to haste, looting the police station, while having forgotten to eat and drink; having gotten cold from running through ponds at his Rify spawn, nonehteless.
After lighting a couple fires and cooking the cow meat that I'd carried from my hunting trip to Polana with Griff and Company,  I managed to force-feed-and-drink Kohlbar back to consciousness and eventually introduce him to our first stable camp of the patch; where we both logged-out.

Multiple client crashes and bugged status interrupted the play session. Wolves are still pussies...

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 1:16 PM, purpple said:

Hi all.

Yes, Same here, on both 32 and 64. Random crashes. Never had a single crash since 3 years ago (appart from the old one when you quit game).

Sry for my rough english.

Can you send your dumps to our feedback tracker please? You can find it C:\Users\YourComputerName\AppData\Local\DayZ.

Thank you :)

9 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

....Hard act to follow.

Here's my point of view While first cooking with Bio, Art, Griff,  and Pepperoni.  I was pretty washed-out from blood loss fighting the wolves.

Reveal hidden contents

I met back up with Griff, Pepperoni, and another friend of theirs after Bio logged off, and we got some cow cooking goin'.

Reveal hidden contents

After that, I met up with Kohlbar in Berezino, and struggled to find a water vessel to finally revive him.  He had fallen victim to haste, looting the police station, while having forgotten to eat and drink; having gotten cold from running through ponds at his Rify spawn, nonehteless.
After lighting a couple fires and cooking the cow meat that I'd carried from my hunting trip to Polana with Griff and Company,  I managed to force-feed-and-drink Kohlbar back to consciousness and eventually introduce him to our first stable camp of the patch; where we both logged-out.

Multiple client crashes and bugged status interrupted the play session. Wolves are still pussies...

I love your stories. :)

Send us dumps of your client crashes, please.

Thanks for the nudge, @Baty Alquawen, I sent the AppData zipped with a report; hope it works, first time trying to send crash dumps.  Maybe pin some good resources showing how to easily do this?

But seriously, take some time off, the patch is playing 90% fine.  Wolves are great, rain is a godsend, carp are yielding two filets again.  It's playable for now; let us stress-test persistence.  Enjoy the holidays.  Thank You.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I love your stories. :)

Send us dumps of your client crashes, please.

I have a question regarding tickets. Does it matter if you make a "duplicate" ticket, in other words "search before you post" or can I make a ticket for everything I find even though it might already be reported. I also need to start checking the feedback tracker more often because I sometimes get a reply and see the reply more than a week later.

I might be on to something though, I got a memory crash when trying to make an Improvised Bow while I had a gun already on my back. I do think these memory errors are related to (other players') items and/or other players. When on Experimental I was looting Berezino and there were 3 players there as far as I know, probably even more and I got 2 or 3 crashes in a relative short time while on the first day of Stable I ran on a low pop and had no memory during multiple hours of playtime.

• Like 1