Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Stable Update 0.61.136770

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Stable branch is now updated and servers are online. 

See you in Chernarus!

That was fast? I thought it was going to take half the day? Didn't Hick's say twelve hours? I forget how to change from exp to stable branch? Do I just opt out of beta in the properties tab within Steam? This is great news. Thank you.

Still no guns at the Helicrashes :( 

3 hours ago, jappegaming said:

Bye bye ghillie suit, lets see in 0.61 again!

That is awesome! Trying to build one on Exp.. but it was difficult.

2 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

really? its not ready but we dont wanna stay at .60 but its great news huh that you can play a game over christmas thats not ready for stable. only reason its stable is because they didnt want one update in over 12 months, woohoo it got 2.......

Like there was any update without flaws. Since April 2012 every update has bugs. 

2 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

really? its not ready but we dont wanna stay at .60 but its great news huh that you can play a game over christmas thats not ready for stable. only reason its stable is because they didnt want one update in over 12 months, woohoo it got 2.......

Well if that means no more crappy videos from you for a while, thats great news !

Now, how does it feel?

• Like 5

This does not seem like the best idea....

.60's been running fine. Most of all, it's been pretty stable. And now you push a version that's suffering when there's heavy server load, during the time of the probably highest load of the year, because people have time over the holidays.

I would've thought having some people whine about the lack of updates for 3 more weeks would be better than having loads of people whine about crabby performance for 3+ weeks.

6 hours ago, lauri7x3 said:

do you think its a good idea to keep 61 on exp? no one will play exp 61 when there is stable. wouldnt it be better to adresse these issues for 62?

Don't worry, there are still a handful of players left, who would rather spend their time helping along with the assessment of new features, than dive right back into the banal, rinse-and-repeat game play of an unfinished title.

5 hours ago, Razvan Virna said:

wow by the "great and hard" work the devs are putting in this it will come out of alpha in 2040. Why don't u collaborate with the guys that made EXILE mod for arma??? they did so much work in one year(base building, zombies, AI etc). Colaborate with some people who actually know how to develop!!!!

You use way too many words in stating that you don't know shit. Please be more concise in the future.

• Like 3

2 updates in one calendar year, wohoo!..................................... just kidding but seriously they could update this game a little bit faster, great job either way

Edited by claws4life

Does this mean we're gonna have another global wipe when patch 0.61.136796 hit stable? We've had wipes almost every single experimental patch there's been, so can we expect stable wipes for those patches too?

52 minutes ago, claws4life said:

2 updates in one calendar year, wohoo!..................................... just kidding but seriously they could update this game a little bit faster, great job either way

experimental has been patched almost every working day for the past 3 weeks, those two big patches in 2016 are the result of dozen of patches in the experimental branch.

I have to stay on Exp cuz i cant even get on a Stable server, opted out of Exp and no joy, client just hangs on the DayZ pic, i have to end the DayZ.exe process to go back.

Also verified files etc.

Edited by MyBraiNz

8 hours ago, Schweinsteiger said:

Exp .61 is amazing. Since the last update though I haven't encountered any wolves and I've been in the north country almost exclusively. Is it down to luck/averages that I haven't encountered any wolves or did the latest patch make the wolves rarer? I hope that isn't the case as the wolves really make this game great. A real threat, unlike other games where the wolves are easy to kill and there's only a single wolf. Wolves should be super tough and hard to kill. I love .61 and I'm not all that pressed for vehicles to be added back into the mix yet. I'd love to see bikes make it into the next iteration of exp. Is there a list of what works/doesn't work in .61 + all new additions? Has anyone taken the time to make such a list? DayZ is shaping up to be something very special. The developers have done an excellent job. Oh yeah, this latest update seems to have made .308 ammo disappear from the game. Has anyone found any .308 Winchester?

Schweinsteiger Lives!

Yesterday I had around 50 .308 rounds on me. Some I got from others, some I found myself. We also encountered 2 or 3 wolf packs yesterday which we had no problem with but that would be normal given we were with 3 to 4 people and all had high caliber or good working guns.

7 hours ago, Schweinsteiger said:

To recap, being stealthy; does it help in regards to not being detected by wolves? I doubt it since they have excellent hearing, but who knows?

That would be something interesting which I would like to know as well.

7 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

7 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

if they did that it wouldnt be fixed till april when the next iteration MIGHT be ready

Awh boohoo, are you going to cway? Awhhhhhh, let me give you a rag or do you have them yourself? Do you even know how to acquire rags or do you only know how to acquire high caliber guns and go pew pew? Hold on, I'll have a better idea. My cooking pot is not full, let me whip it out and catch your tears.

1 hour ago, claws4life said:

Instead of blantantly posting something, why don't you take that time instead and read on the internet how the development process works and also catch up on their development process. When you did that, you would know why updates can take a while.

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

Does this mean we're gonna have another global wipe when patch 0.61.136796 hit stable? We've had wipes almost every single experimental patch there's been, so can we expect stable wipes for those patches too?

I don't think they will push every new Experimental patch to Stable. My guess is that they will continue to develop on the Experimental branch until all the blockers and milestones of .61 are fully functional and then push it over to Stable and continue with .62 on Experimental as soon as they have it ready for the mass.

• Like 6

@IMT "I don't think they will push every new Experimental patch to Stable. My guess is that they will continue to develop on the Experimental branch until all the blockers and milestones of .61 are fully functional and then push it over to Stable and continue with .62 on Experimental as soon as they have it ready for the mass."

Yes, I understand that, but I was wondering if they were gonna wipe stable again once the fixes for 0.61 are done, as I play on a private RP server and use 1 barrel as a camp, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to consider "persistence" as stable in the current stable build. Last Friday, with the current patch, barrels were still wonky, so I wanted confirmation on what's to come with persistence. 

Apparently handicapped wolves is a thing in DayZ. After looting Tisy I decided to hit the far western tents of the northern highway with there being an high chance of encountering wolves in the back of my head. When I was running down the northern highway I already heard them and turned around. Afraid but also curious I decided to see if they would come but they didn't so I thought my best chance would to go south of the forest looping around them. In the fields I saw 2 wolves which were stuck or something and decided to snipe them. After waiting a while and when walking away I saw the rest of their comrades going towards them but after that never to be seen again. I thought this was my chance and they would be away from the woods so I went back to the northern highway and started making my way towards the tents. When I was not far from the tents I started to hear wolves again and prayed that they didn't come down to attack me. Once at the location I looted the tents real quick and it seemed untouched even though the patch has landed quite some hours now. Maybe the wolves are keeping people away from there? I will probably keep away from there as well now.

But after looting I decided to play with them and I caught my experience on tape. Here are some screenshots and a video in chronological order:

The two wolves in the field when they were still alive:

rrP7hQu.jpg

The two wolves with a taste of my 7.62x39mm in their mouth:

XZxicvV.jpg

The rest of the pack coming towards their location:

0T05O5R.jpg

The video where the rest of the pack gets a mouth full of 7.62x39mm:

Unfortunately 1 got away so I guess that makes him a lone wolf now.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Unconciousness is beyond fucked up. My friend accidently got punched by me and instantly knocked out, his health was totally fine. Used an Epen on him and he didn't get up.  He tried reconnecting after I tied him up and untied, and then his body disappeared and he had to respawn.  It's extremely game breaking and really shouldn't be in stable imo, status indicators and whatnot should of been fixed in exp before reaching stable.

I played for hour or so. Didn't find anything useful in Berezino. Then rain started and I quickly got freezing and hypothermia status. Finding place to start fire was a bitch. I finally decided to try on hospital roof. I started fire, took all wet clothes off but didn't get warm at all and died in two minutes. This update will mostly be about finding place to warm up.

2 hours ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

My friend accidently got punched by me and instantly knocked out

or just do not punch your friend... xD He obviously respawned after disconnecting...

37 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

This update will mostly be about finding place to warm up.

I really like that. My friend and I nearly died in a rainstorm. We where full equipped but totally unprepared for the weather. The rain stopped and we made a fire when he was down to 900 health... Extremely lucky

Anyone else experiencing alot more memory crashes then before? I had 3 of them yesterday.... even one just after crashing, restarting game, (25) queue and 1 min play crash again :/

Today I started the game, crashed after 5 minutes of playing on 64bit and after 2 hours of playing I crashed again on 32 bit this time.

2 hours ago, Woopie said:

Today I started the game, crashed after 5 minutes of playing on 64bit and after 2 hours of playing I crashed again on 32 bit this time.

I did not have any crash on this build.
The only crash i had so far is the classic memory error after exiting the game.

One of my friends had crashes by using the x64 launcher so it seems that these types of crashes are still appearing with some setups.

3 hours ago, Woopie said:

Anyone else experiencing alot more memory crashes then before? I had 3 of them yesterday.... even one just after crashing, restarting game, (25) queue and 1 min play crash again :/

Hi all.

Yes, Same here, on both 32 and 64. Random crashes. Never had a single crash since 3 years ago (appart from the old one when you quit game).

Sry for my rough english.