Sign in to follow this  
RaphaelDeFusco

[New Zombie Type] Cave Dwellers

THE CAVE DWELLERS

nMXvkQv.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION

A special type of infected, they reside inside of burrows & caves deep in the woods and hills.

They are the true apex predators of the remote regions of Chernarus, hunting together in packs of 4 to 8 as they rival the wolfpacks for territory. 

They are known for feasting on deer, boars, wolves and the occasional hikers.

They are nocturnal creatures and actively hunt and scout their territory at night, at day time they all lurk inside their dens.

Their skin is pale as a result of a lack of sunlight, however they are known to be covered in dirt depending on the environment. Some may be covered in mud as they stalk the swamp, another covered in coal as it resides in a mineshaft. 

They somehow maintain a higher intelligence than their counterpart infected, they hunt similar to wolves and will try to encircle their victims.

Upon seeing fresh blood leaking from their target, they enter a state of frenzy where they will go for the kill. 

THE ALPHA

LoeNwK4.jpg

There is strong alpha in the pack, always guarding their den when the pack is out to hunt.

Cannibalistic in nature, the Alpha is known to eat other members of the pack if it gets hungry enough and it is a tough beast to takedown. 

It's strength appears beyond the ability of the average human and is known to break bones, it is highly capable of defending the den against bears and wolves.  

The Alpha is less intelligent in nature, it simply functions on a basic instinct to guard the hideout in exchange for the free food the pack delivers, a highly profitable trade from a viewpoint of a zombie.

THEIR HIDEOUT

They will hide inside of burrows, caves, mineshaft and in general anywhere they can hide from sunlight until dark. 

Their hideout contains neatly picked skeletons or fresh corpses for feasting upon, items from human victims may litter on the ground. 

You never know who fell victim to these beasts, the question is do you DARE to clear out their den for some loot?

Edited by RaphaelDeFusco
Just a minor update on the Alpha.

I like your enthusiasm, but I think this idea would work better in a different game for a couple reasons. 

1.) DayZ stands for Day Zero, and we do not have zombies. We have living, breathing, infected humans. Not the undead. I always imagine everyone has like a bad case of rabies or something lol

2.) There are no caves, mine shafts, or burrows that I am aware of in all of Chenarus. While I love the idea of caves and such, I am pretty sure I read a dev post saying it would never happen in DayZ. The reasoning was something about nav mesh and x, y, z coords. I can't remember exactly.

Ah fair enough, I would just like to see some sort of night zombie introduced. This was just an idea to have a dynamic way to have zombies be a threat in the wilderness after dark.

What is your thoughts about possibly DayZ adding some bossy zombies? You know, something that stands out from the infected and could terrorize players. 

Good ideas I like your presentation but I don't think super zeds or mutants would fit into the game very well. These are infected humans they are not undead. maybe there could be different levels of infected though some faster than others. maybe some have better vision and hearing as there eyes and ears haven't started to bleed out yet. Or there could be armored types due to them being military folks before they were infected maybe take a few shots to the chest with small caliber or headshot to kill. A nocturnal enemy would be cool but the way it is now people refuse to play night time I think adding a threat for that would be a waste of resources but who knows the devs know better than I. 

4 hours ago, gannon46 said:

Good ideas I like your presentation but I don't think super zeds or mutants would fit into the game very well. These are infected humans they are not undead. maybe there could be different levels of infected though some faster than others. maybe some have better vision and hearing as there eyes and ears haven't started to bleed out yet. Or there could be armored types due to them being military folks before they were infected maybe take a few shots to the chest with small caliber or headshot to kill. A nocturnal enemy would be cool but the way it is now people refuse to play night time I think adding a threat for that would be a waste of resources but who knows the devs know better than I. 

The last of us called they want their infected back. And military zeds are already tougher. 

If I'd happen to stumble upon on any of those I wouldn't be able to play the game anymore, that'd be just too frightening for me.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:25 AM, General Zod said:

The last of us called they want their infected back. And military zeds are already tougher. 

Did I mention fungus no I believe I did not. folks that play this need to quit being pussies all the damn time. diseases have different levels of infection I think it could add an interesting dynamic to the game as you wouldn't know what to expect from the infected right now everyone knows what to expect and how to deal with it and if that's the case how the hell did civilization collapse to begin with if one or two survivors can take out a whole horde on there own hmmmm must've been because of liberals wanting to hug them eh.

I get it; they're infected humans, however I think mutations are very plausiable, so I agree with what gannon's saying.  Some zeds should be able to run faster than the player, be more vocal, etc.

On 23/12/2016 at 9:25 PM, Mr_Joe said:

I get it; they're infected humans, however I think mutations are very plausiable, so I agree with what gannon's saying.  Some zeds should be able to run faster than the player, be more vocal, etc.

And you most likely won't get mutation that change the zeds physical abilities. 

On 23/12/2016 at 9:22 PM, gannon46 said:

Did I mention fungus no I believe I did not. folks that play this need to quit being pussies all the damn time. diseases have different levels of infection I think it could add an interesting dynamic to the game as you wouldn't know what to expect from the infected right now everyone knows what to expect and how to deal with it and if that's the case how the hell did civilization collapse to begin with if one or two survivors can take out a whole horde on there own hmmmm must've been because of liberals wanting to hug them eh.

By getting infected, we were told on several occasions that the survivors are people who are immune, rest is dead or infected.

Edited by General Zod

12 hours ago, General Zod said:

And you most likely won't get mutation that change the zeds physical abilities. 

They already have a change of physical abilities.  They have improved stamina and agility, and a monsterous rage that doesn't die down.

I'm not talking about mutations like Left 4 Dead (although, It'd be great for a modification imo), but rather a variation of capabilities in the infected population; some being able to run faster than the player, etc.

It'd also be great if they introduced infected being able to grab or tackle the player.

Edited by Mr_Joe