Sign in to follow this  
Espa

.62 Chernarus Visual Update Wishlist

Hey guys! Just kind of wanted to start a topic on things that you'd most like to see in the .62 Visual Update :D 

I am very sure that the DayZ Devs have some great ideas in mind that will likely change the landscape into a much closer vision to what will be, but it's fun to guess! 

Some small things I'd like to see

• Ruination of most buildings - Holes cut out INSIDE certain houses, more unique destruction amidst homes of the same type.
  • Snowwwww.
  • A giant imposing wall around the North and West borders that is distinctive of a large scale Quarantine.
  • Much higher growth in all sectors, long grasses in fields (Reminiscent of Jurassic Park 2 with the Raptors ;D)   
  • Like 2

HD resolution for textures. Its a bit distorting to be, just as an example, in a firestation with the current textures. Your character looks really good, the floor of the firestation on the other hand... what is that? a 4x4 pixels texture stretched out up to a big blurry stain?

Also while we're at it. Snow.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Espa said:

Ruination of most buildings - Holes cut out INSIDE certain houses, more unique destruction amidst homes of the same type.

Senchi said it takes 1 month to do a new building and they would need to make an entire new building. Do the math...

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

-The same PBR Shaders applied in the environment with consistent quality and polish as the latest character gear and weapons. (Mostly to support wet ground/pavement/mud)

-New trees and vegetation to replace some of the old legacy trees and bushes. Not all, some trees are okay, just need a new coat of paint.

-Dynamic fog (rolling over the hills and moving with the wind, not static and based solely on height).

-Dynamic props in the environment. The world is too static. Examples would be flags, clotheslines, windmills blowing in the wind. Ambient particles adding to the atmosphere. Birds.

-Way more indication of a bloody conflict has happened or in progress. Not simple blood decals and smears here and there.

-Probably not in the scope of Version 1, less a visual/art upgrade and more a engineering task, but I would also like to see physics/interaction in the world between player/environment. Remove those static buckets, picture frames, desks and chairs, and add dynamic versions to the world.

The devs are smart and talented, I have no doubt that Version 1 will include many improvements and surprises :)

• Like 1

Dynamic objects are defiantly on the books! Haven't seen or heard much on this recently but it is defiantly possible.

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik

Have they talked about whether they can implement volumetric lighting and global illumination to the new engine?

Like atmospheric light scattering in that vbs3 video released awhile back.

Or torch lights not just lighting up a circle on your screen.

16 hours ago, Poklakni said:

that wall would be amazing just like in "I am legend"

iirc there is no wall in "I am legend", or maybe you mean the wall at the very end of the movie around the survivors enclosure?

I think you are confused with the wall in "World War Z" -->

Uck3IgW.jpg

4 hours ago, nl said:

iirc there is no wall in "I am legend", or maybe you mean the wall at the very end of the movie around the survivors enclosure?

I think you are confused with the wall in "World War Z" -->

nah I meant that at the very end of I am legend

Straps on weapons so they would not be glued to your back. We could carry our main weapon up the front and we could have like a small holster for a hatchet but a 2 handed firefighters axe would require you to have it in your hands to carry. Also would love a new animation of dropping the current item from your hands instead of tryint to put it on your back but theres no space so it just appears on the ground. If theres no space or an axe or sth cannot be put on a holster/backpack the character would drop it on the ground. :) That would be bananas.