Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136770

j7Wjdh.jpg

It does not need much to make a landscape look like in the Map Chernarus. A few months or a year and the landscape looks like this. The houses and cities have their appearance already weeks, during looting, war and despair bring so fast. The windows, which are all broken, are also cleansed by destruction by infected persons or by fighter fighting with shells on the streets.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, elander said:

I like thease frequent updates hicks!

This is how Early access should be, why haven't this been the case since 2013?

I mean, almost 1 year for two stable updates and now suddenly several EXP versions i matter of a few months?

because they had to develop the new modules before they could do bugfixing (frequent updates). but that took time and resulted into longer update periods.

they said serveral times, that fixing bugs in modules that will be replaced some time after is a waste of time, so they didn't fix many issues.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

j7Wjdh.jpg

It does not need much to make a landscape look like in the Map Chernarus. A few months or a year and the landscape looks like this. The houses and cities have their appearance already weeks, during looting, war and despair bring so fast. The windows, which are all broken, are also cleansed by destruction by infected persons or by fighter fighting with shells on the streets.

Look at the cement mixer and pile of sand I'd doubt that's gone unused for a week, the farm they used for inspiration is probably a running farm and that building is either an old milking barn now used as storage or even still in use and things like cosmetic upkeep are not priorities for a multitude of possible reasons.  

I tried to play a bit today but my internet is worse than usual, maybe five minutes between "session lost" I' guessing because of  the snow in my area. Espa saw me get disconnected outside a house and made contact when I got back in and we did a little run around the point. In the time before I got frustrated and gave up after a memory crash I got to see some of the audio in a safer more predictable environment. The voip seemed really good, I turned mine back up to about sixty percent and could hear clearly with a nice representation of fallout over distance. This might just be my sound system, it's stereo in converted to 3.1 but my sub doesn't respond to footsteps on my left side otherwise running and moving I could tell about where the other player was by sound, free looking with the alt key also seems to have directional audio relative the player's head.

As I was having session lost I've learned to see it coming, like I'm half disconnected but some things still sync with the hive like spawning in position I last see when I drop but inventory management has been unavailable for thirty seconds. We had a few melee fights with infected just as I was getting dropped and I couldn't land a hit letting me know I was going to drop, I could take damage, and could clearly and smoothly see Espa fighting them.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elander said:

@Hicks_206

I like thease frequent updates hicks!

This is how Early access should be, why haven't this been the case since 2013?

I mean, almost 1 year for two stable updates and now suddenly several EXP versions i matter of a few months?

Nvm, merry christmas

If you followed the development process you would know that working with the existing tools and very little documentation on them was a pain in the ass. So they decided to make a brand new engine with up-to-date technology and an engine which makes everything possible for what their aiming for which wasn't with the legacy engine. Building an engine from scratch takes a long time. Making the already existing stuff work with the engine is also a pain in the ass. That's why updates can take a while because of new engine modules implementation but once it's implemented bug fixing, tweaking and modifying it will go rather fast so you will see a lot of updates like we do now.

Looks like someone had a run-in with wolves in Krasnostav:

ZR3Tf5S.jpg

If you figure it out, let me know.  I've ask for help but these elite testers are to busy bickering about what the world would look like without people in it.

(Heres a hint, nature doesn't give a shit about us or our work.  Evidence of our existence disapears surprisingly quickly.  It's almost like we don' matter at all.)

I believe you have to use the direct image link and not the one labeled image link.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

2 hours ago, Pain Jack said:

If you figure it out, let me know.  I've ask for help but these elite testers are to busy bickering about what the world would look like without people in it.

(Heres a hint, nature doesn't give a shit about us or our work.  Evidence of our existence disapears surprisingly quickly.  It's almost like we don' matter at all.)

When using websites like TinyPics or Imageurl, use the direct link for layouts provided, copy it and paste it in "insert other media" from the bottom right of your "post" box. Click on "insert image from url" and paste your link, voilà.

2wdpqo4.jpg

Edit: If you use Steam, you must first upload it to your online library, then you just visualize it, (view online library) and click on it until the image is in it's own window, and use the link on top of this window. It would look like something like this : http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/109607797361149236/8EE2AAF27A60C4B6DA3A1E169D05C3738A89F351/
Then, you just copy and paste this link in "insert image from url".

Edited by odin_lowe
  • Like 3

Thanks odin _lowe

gt9GEQ5.jpg

Edited by serelaw
  • Like 3

I spawned in today in Gvozdno, with my newly minted outfit of black dyed leather pants and jacket, only to find that they are not water resistant.  I ran to Devil's Castle to meet Gary and IMT, who lit me a fire, after trying many different sheltered areas unsuccessfully, before settling on beneath a tree.  Me waited for Luc at the castle, and made our way towards a tent from yesterday.  We got attacked on a hillside by wolves along the way, and dealt with them pretty handily on a fairly mild slope.  We ran towards the tent, and Gary finally spotted it; so we dropped off a few things and cooked and ate the wolves, leaving a couple pelts for anyone who might wander into our tent later.  We ran into a town, no more than a kilometer from the tent, and heard cows on the hilly fields above.  We crept up into an ambush, and downed four of them.  We collected the meat and moved on a few hundred meters, aligning ourselves to meet up with Pook north of Sverograd.  We ran across the rest of the herd along the way, and collected the remaining four cows.

We met up with Pook in Troitskoe, where we cooked a whole lot of meat, in a relatively brief manner.  Three portable stoves and cooking pots made short work of 8 cows we picked up along the way.  I punched a chicken as an offering to watch over our cooking, and he stood sentry outside the house.

The Chicken Statue  
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Here are Pook, IMT, Gary, and Luc (L-R), as we cook the products of The Beefing 3: Blue Cow Down.

We employed the double-stacked and satellite pot cooking technique, for fast and convenient turnaround of the pots. 

We met up with Espa in Nagornoe, and helped him back from the brink of hypothermic doom.  Proceeding to loot the northern military base, we got a fair amount of loot, but no saline for Espa.  He was still hanging on and healing, as we moved through Stary Yar, and Tisy Camp.  We continued on as a five player group, after Luc had to log.  We ran the Tisy Military Base, and had an issue with connection losses at the northern jail building. We speed-looted the barracks, and heard wolves as we headed south.  I ran north to try to draw them, and turned back as we hesitated about whether or not to make any noise before looting the tents.  We headed south, and the wolves helped along to the consensus that they would be best handled sooner, than later.  Holed-up in the double blue-door industrial shed, we shot the wolves as they squeezed through the doors one at a time.  We collected four wolves worth of meat and headed south to the barracks, taking a little liberty with the use of unsuppressed weapons to kill off the aggro.  We made it through the base, scouring every area to uncover loads of ammo and NATO assault rifles and an AK101, as well as A.L.I.C.E. or Coyote backpacks for any who wanted one.  We rallied up at the radar building to cook the wolves.

We all stopped north of Tisy to take a picture of the sky, just to see if we saw the same clouds.  
I snapped a photo of the statue as we ran south to take-on the wolves.

There was a strange inconsistencey of the color to the backpack near the door to this Quonset hut; appearing green from a few steps away, but turning black when zoomed or standing closer to it. 
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/111859597175106751/4097598D9819A8AF358AA1B8847D7900A9BD42FA/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:864&composite-to%3D*%2C*|2048%3A864&background-color=black?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Here are Espa, IMT, and Gary, eating wolf in the kitchen of the radar building.  

Pook had connection issues, and left us around this time.  IMT had to log off, as well.  Espa, Gary, and I ran quickly through Vavilovo and the Northwest Airfield, to meet up with Kilgore in Grishino.  Gary and Espa called it a night at Grish, and dropped their gear before getting in a fistfight as a signing-off stunt.

I took a few photos of the brilliant morning sky, almost completely overshadowing Gary and Espa running down to Grishino in the foreground. 
Here, with the sun just above the two of them, it is almost impossible to spot Gary and Espa running down ahead into the rising sun's gaze.

Gary and Espa dropped their gear, and fought to the death.  I helped a little by throwing a grenade at them, and then Kilgore and I picked over their gear pile and headed out to loot NWAF and VMC.

• Like 6

Alright! I meant to write this earlier but a rendezvous with the girlyfriend preoccupied my time, as it well should xD

I had an absolute blast today testing out the newest build of .61 EXP and found it to be the most entertaining and devastating game time I've ever committed to DayZ! What a fun time. . I only hope I get to spend more time hanging out with the forum regulars :D Special thanks to those who welcomed me so kindly and shrugged away my amateurism in DayZ hehe. 

Sort of a bumpy start as I got executed trying to build a fire to stave off the cold so I had to restart on the coast! No bad feelings, just kind of laughed as I realized my fire must have been like a Beacon of Gondor and attracted a malicious little scamp to devour me haha. Finally set back and began my long trek from the coast to Berezino and onward to the Northwest to meet up with Emuthreat, IMT, Pook, Luc! I originally had quite a hard time traveling over with the extreme rain chance and frequency, as well as not finding suitable gear to survive running in it for prolonged periods of time. Literally having to stop every 15 or so minutes to build myself up a fire to keep down the chill and hypothermia. Also, came across two lovely ranged snipers who thought it'd be funny to shot me and send me into a whirlwind of panic. (But you both missed the rest of the shots and let the guy without a gun get away! Hah! <3)

By the time I actually found my mates, I was near 1K Health/Blood and was fast approaching death due to Hypothermia. After the server restart, the guys built a fire in a house and allowed me to sit devotedly at its' flicker. After some time and getting healthy, the group and I ran about the area and encroached upon the military areas and high loot areas expecting to see some dangers or some tough guys who wanted to cause issues with us. Luckily (Or not?) we didn't find anyone at all and all seemed peaceful in the apocalypse. Then I got to see Wolves and actually survived! Haha. Wow. Such dangerous little monsters.

Spent more time with the dudes and had a blast. Can't wait to do it again! 

20161218123502_1.jpg

Edited by Espa
  • Like 2

Looks like we are going to see .61 go stable today.  I ran my ass off around a full-ish server tonight, trying to unload my maximum overloot in a blaze of glory.  @serelaw came into the Jungle TS for a while and ran from Stary Sobor to NWAF, then across the field and back with me, seeing mostly nothing.
Despite my best efforts of shooting zombies with a shotgun all down the airfield, the most threatening thing to be found was this chicken.
I guess the rain kept all the other players at the coast.

Edited by emuthreat

27 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

2gb incoming on stable version

Nothing yet in my side (west Europe) :'(

Finaly it's OK. Exp and stable builds R the same (0.61.136770) so ... no download needed when going from exp to stable :)

Edited by Solus Lupus

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

2gb incoming on stable version

Hooray!

Go the fuck back to stable KoS-hats/asshats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoke with Espa for a little while after steering him to TS, welcome to the jungle. ;)

I ran North out of Severograd and once I was deep in the woods wolves descended on me.

I found a lucky deerstand where I could heal and kill a couple with the repeater but quickly ran out of ammo.

After recovering my blood I decided to keep running North in hopes of finding a house to try to lose aggro from the wolves.

Bolting out of the deerstand I ran through thick trees avoiding some strikes.

As the trees thinned I saw a town and followed the treeline getting bit all the way while trying to swerve and avoid contact.

Reaching a small house I sealed myself in a room with no windows but wolves did not break aggro.

They seemed to fight with infected a little and at least 2 of the 4 never went far from the house I was in though I was perfectly still and concealed.

Then my girlfriend arrives and I have to log....

Maybe we'll get a new experimental today and I'll start fresh later. :)

gvZLRwZ.jpg

FEJTIBE.jpg

*Dear haters,

You're stupid and weak. :D

Sincerely,

Me

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

@☣BioHaze☣ you got featured on the Dayz dev facebook post

Hey thanks!

Is this what you mean?

Another twitter post?  :D

I didn't see a facebook dev page, I'm hardly on there anymore so maybe I don't know where to look....

Well thanks devs/Baty, whomever chooses the pics!

I feel it, the wub!  <3

• Like 1

Well I got to jump on a little this weekend but only on Saturday for a little while. This build was good. I had an issue at one point where anything I put in my inventory would just disappear. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce after restarting my game and got no footage :-) not much help I know but I was limited on time. I did however get to play around with farming, storage containers, etc. I have to say, the new survival aspect of the game, sickness/cold, etc. seems to have been modified to increase the danger of these elements. It is AWESOME! I was running on US Southwest 0-3 I believe and spawned in the ran. My first spawn I died from Zombies/Hypothermia :-) but survived a little while before. Even met a guy while warming by the fire under a tree on the outside of Electro.

After respawn I setup a house on the coast, I found two barrels and though it would be fun to help freshies get started. So I farmed some pumpkins and zucchini stocked up on wood and other supplies. I helped out a few people, allowed them to eat and stock up. One guy stayed in and hung out by the fire before heading out to look for wolves. Overall it was pretty fun. I ended up dying while looting in town, game across some CoD guy that did not respond to me and we ended up emptying our magazines into each other, not sure how he survived and I did not but either way, it was a lot of fun.

Does anyone know if the .61 went to stable?

• Like 1

Yep... should have checked announcements! :-) Anyway, probably switch over for a bit to get setup with a camp or something! However, I am eagerly awaiting more exp. builds, they have been great so far. I can not wait to see how stable players like the harsh cold and new survival aspects!

On 18.12.2016 at 3:16 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Is this your first time joining us in experimental VVarhead?

Why do you think everyone is running around with Scorpions and RAKs?

Because experimental..... *drum roll please*   ....is for TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!

How can we test interactions with wolves and get data sets for wolves without encountering them???

I seriously hope the stable population GOES BACK TO STABLE, and very soon!

Dear filthy stable casuls: We're making the game here in experimental, you're donating $35, leave us alone.

Also casual.

Can't see shit in 2 hours.

Wrong game.

Next case.

"We're making the game here in experimental"

You sound like a self-important kiddie.

Instead of insulting me (I play since the mod, you casual) you could maybe provide some source that wolf spawns will significantly change in 0.61 stable?

Because I seriously doubt that. But I'll just get back to you once Stable hits.

There is no fault in me stating my opinion on how the wolves currently are, and I don't get how you feel insulted over that, 

Edit: aw shit looks like stable hit and there are no tweaks to wolf spawns lol

there goes your argument

Edited by VVarhead

43 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Hearing rumors it is. Hope we continue with .62 now??? exp

I could be interpreting what I've read wrong but as far as I understand .61 exp is going to keep running and updating while that particular build of .61 goes to stable.