Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136770

12 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

I've played at least 20 times for 2 hour sessions with my friends since wolves have been added and we have never seen them in game , we mostly spawn and take the Sobors route to NW airfield and then back track throughout the northern highway ...

I'm starting to get annoyed cuz everyone is saying they are constantly seeing and hearing wolves while me and my buddies have been making that our goal on exp and keep failing :/ .

Have a look at the wolves spawns on dayztv.com map

20 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

I've played at least 20 times for 2 hour sessions with my friends since wolves have been added and we have never seen them in game , we mostly spawn and take the Sobors route to NW airfield and then back track throughout the northern highway ...

I'm starting to get annoyed cuz everyone is saying they are constantly seeing and hearing wolves while me and my buddies have been making that our goal on exp and keep failing :/ .

They have very predictable patrol-routes.

They seem to spawn right at my favorite places to be in DayZ, so maybe that's why I encounter them so often. 

I just don't think it's realistic that wolves continue to engage you after you shot a few rounds out of your AK or something. That would burst their ears and they would run away in fear.

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

I can't roleplay encountering 30 wolves a day.

Is this your first time joining us in experimental VVarhead?

Why do you think everyone is running around with Scorpions and RAKs?

Because experimental..... *drum roll please*   ....is for TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!

How can we test interactions with wolves and get data sets for wolves without encountering them???

I seriously hope the stable population GOES BACK TO STABLE, and very soon!

Dear filthy stable casuls: We're making the game here in experimental, you're donating $35, leave us alone.

1 hour ago, blackberrygoo said:

I've played at least 20 times for 2 hour sessions

Also casual.

Can't see shit in 2 hours.

Wrong game.

Next case.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Dear filthy stable casuls: We're making the game here in experimental, you're donating $35, leave us alone.

Also casual.

Can't see shit in 2 hours.

Wrong game.

Next case.

You mostly can't see shit in two hours because 'day' means 'the sun nervously peeking over the horizon for 30 minutes'.

2 hour sessions should be sufficient. I very rarely play for more than an hour and a half or so, and I've ran into wolves twice now. Twenty two hour sessions is probably more than I've played. It's just bad luck, I think. But yeah, I agree with the filthy stable casuals thing. We're here to test. If you don't have a mic or are unwilling to communicate, and if you just want to kill on sight - piss off. You are not wanted here.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

2 hour sessions should be sufficient.

That all depends on what we consider sufficient.

Just on this page alone we have 1 guy who is upset that he see's so many wolves and another who is upset because he hasn't seen any.

As a sandbox title I often prefer 3+ hour sessions to really feel a sense of accomplishment and exploration.

When I play less in a day it's usually because I want to try a new build and don't have a choice due to my schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't like wipes?

Too much/little of something?

Can't "play" the way you like?

You're on the WRONG BRANCH.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm equally tired of people complaining about KoS in Experimental.
You should be just as fed up with it in Stable.

Just like Gews said, there is no difference in how these lost kiddies from the island of CoD play no matter where they are.

They will always play like programmed children without a creative bone in their bodies yucking it up over TS when they shoot someone farming and then crying into their pillows at night.

Remember, it is possible to be BAD at having fun or have bad ideas about what constitutes fun.

Unlike the myopic PvP crowd we have ALL the fun in DayZ and get to PvP and when we do the experience is more meaningful.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3

About the infected:

I would agree that melee with 1 infected is a non-issue and the general damage they do isn't too scary.

But running isn't always a good option either (some forever aggro now), especially if you have to expose yourself in a firefight, or merely pick up more aggro in your haste.

Saying the infected are not a problem in general is just wrong.

Why?

One word: Bleeding.

You, me, everyone else, we do not like bleeding our own blood and will seek refuge to stop the loss of blood.

Now, remember the infected are dirty animal people right?

When they hit you in the future there will be chance for an infected wound again (remember .55?).

Got antibiotics?

Destroying doors, barricades, and horde mechanics.... new melee moves, new hit boxes, stamina?

Why do I feel I'm one of the only people who can hold DayZ conceptually in their imagination for what it will be and realize we are building that thing and what we are "playing" is NOT DayZ yet hardly at all!

I've seen so many of you burn out and melt down out of ignorance and lack of perspective.

Good riddance.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-Snip-

Slow your roll there, Cowboy xD 

Everyone will keep coming back, with more in tow, as the Devs finally start granting pieces of the final product :D We're all watching from the same stands and get a chance to play when they send it over. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking breaks or playing with whatever time is allowed, we all derive some kind of pleasure from this game - but it's not life. 

As for the KOS people - I've always found it to be pretty damn accurate that there would be murderous people that were too stupid to do anything but prey on those intelligent enough to survive by themselves. Weaker, lesser experienced, and driven by fear. . I don't see anything wrong with it. - Does it make my heart sink when someone blasts me away after hours of gaming? Hell yeah. . But that's DayZ! No one lives forever.

With all that said, I do play mostly friendly in EXP and sincerely look for bugs that may block interactions or what have you. The players that are on here without a MIC or are unwilling to type - Now that is bullshit. There's Battlefield and COD for that crowd, or God Forbid. . Arma! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Espa said:

But that's DayZ! No one lives forever.

No.

It's definitely NOT DayZ.

It's ALPHER.

You're all playing a placeholder for a placeholder and think it's how the game is intended to play.

See, you missed the point again.

And it's the single most important point.

WIP

Now, get back to me in 4 years Espa, that is if you're still here....

avUTC0G.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Espa said:

As for the KOS people - I've always found it to be pretty damn accurate that there would be murderous people that were too stupid to do anything but prey on those intelligent enough to survive by themselves.

Guess what?

They would be a MINORITY because people who are not stupid and overtly violent would team up with people who are benevolent warriors and share skills becoming far more sustainable.... like doctors, mechanics, and farmers.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Guess what?

They would be a MINORITY because people who are not stupid and overtly violent would team up with people who are benevolent warriors and share skills becoming far more sustainable.... like doctors, mechanics, and farmers.

I don't know that we could actually assume that. In a wartime/biological terror epidemic that's taken over most of the world, caused your neighbors to turn into rabid dogs like in 28 Days Later, I don't know that many people would be trusting others.

There's a whole sequence of events that we know nothing about. . But I do know that people react in maddening ways when they're afraid, armed, and are (even in just their mind) threatened by others. In our Country, the US, the riots and bloodshed would be much more immense than the little ex-soviet place of Chernarus, but it would still filter through. Trust would be the last thing you'd hand out easily. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Espa said:

I don't know that many people would be trusting others.

Epidemics. plagues(!), famines, extinctions, all have precedence in real history.

In every case the vast majority pools skills and resources to survive and only in the absolute most desperate cases did people resort to murder as a means to survival.

You HAVE to train to shoot at people shaped objects.

WW1 trench warfare changed how we train soldiers and the advent of video games passed this on to the public, most people have an natural aversion to harming others.

Now with the training YOU receive from SHOOTERS where every person shaped silhouette is a target, you have disconnected from the natural aversion to murdering your own species and no longer empathize with your target as another person in essence dehumanizing them and easily moralizing your actions.

Most people have lowered levels of empathy due to being neglected or abused as children.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-Snip-

Still, there's a lot we don't know. There isn't even a placeholder to what the history is, the situation of the world, the implications of wartime or invasion. . There is a lot people would have to think about.

Imagine if at this time the world was at war, the Infection was a biological weapon, and those in your country were possibly soldiers from another country that is attempting to take you over. -- Even if this were not actually true, it would be a huge doubt on some minds.

Also, just to be frank, just how many truly skilled people would live in this Second (Third?) World Country?

-- We also don't know how much time has passed. . Is it 2026 in this game, where a decade has been spent in decay? Or is it tomorrow? Haha. Long periods after the decimation of anything we consider as civilized society would definitely degrade people's social skills - but not eliminate the desire for companionship. 

I just think there would be an immense amount of anxiety in people in this world, and certainly so much caution that avoiding people would probably be the safest bet altogether. Interactions would be fearful, with most probably coming to some terms. But again, what if some of these players are soldiers from an invasion attempt, or mentally impaired without treatment or medicine, or straight up cannibals who have turned to hunting the thing in most supply, or even just a scared father with a stranger wandering too close to his family.

There's just a lot of uncertains and information we lack. People would make mistakes, and some would get a taste for it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Epidemics. plagues(!), famines, extinctions, all have precedence in real history.

Also, true, but Zombie Apocalypses don't xD 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Espa said:

Also, just to be frank, just how many truly skilled people would live in this Second (Third?) World Country?

This could be insulting to our friends coding in the sophisticated first world industrialized nation known affectionately as Chechia.

Read up a little before you make such comments.

-- We also don't know how much time has passed. . Is it 2026 in this game, where a decade has been spent in decay? Or is it tomorrow? Haha. Long periods after the decimation of anything we consider as civilized society would definitely degrade people's social skills - but not eliminate the desire for companionship. 

It's current times (turn of the millenium), Day 0 (Day Zero = DayZ), we washed up on shore(in many cases), there was an infection that made people into bestial rage filled LIVING zombies, we are immune to said infection.

We might be native born, we might not.

Things are intentionally left this way because... it's your story.

People would make mistakes, and some would get a taste for it. 

Your logic here is flawed based on the facts I presented prior and you believe too many movies.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

they have tall grass and ivy on buildings coming, that suggests its been several years after the outbreak

Edited by koffeekage
spelling
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

they have tall grass and ive on buildings coming, that suggests its been several years after the outbreak

tall grass and ivy is allowed to grow in many inhabited and wild places alike.

I can show you some yards and facades in my neighborhood you would swear must be years uninhabited right?

Yards a mess, siding and roof a shambles, but people inside nonetheless.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

-Snip-

I'm not insulting anyone - I am stating in this fictional place, Chernarus, it appears like the focus was on industry and farming. That is pretty far from a technological haven. That said, I ask how many Doctors would there be in this country that appears to have no Universities or Medical Schools. . Hospitals the size of a Pharmacy in the US, or smaller. Besides possibly military, farmers, and engineers. . There would be a lot left desired. 

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your logic here is flawed based on the facts I presented prior.

Also, I am sorry, but despite any facts - This would be a situation never before witnessed or experienced. And people are flawed. Mistakes would occur, people would die, gangs would form, people would be abused and killed - while others would survive better, based on luck and whatever community they would be lucky to be in, if at all. 

As for the setting of the game, we may get more of an idea when the .62 Visual Update is concluded. We might see extreme wear and tear, or dilapidation of everything. - Looking at Chernarus, I would put a guess that the Infection has been around for YEARS - Because there are tanks and helicopters crashed, cities like Chernarus where things are so ruined you wonder if it's been a decade or if someone carpet bombed it. Also, unless the Infection is made to be a lot worse, it's hard to imagine that the combined efforts of many militaries could not quell what is seen now as the Infected. - This is why I believe there was some intense war, that the Infection is a biological weapon, and that people would be beyond cautious of others they come across.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Wolves don't live at either of the Sobors, nor the Airfield.  Change your tactics, change your success rates...

• Like 4

Would someone mind linking me the Testers TS? :) I think I'd like to give some time to the DayZ Gods today, it'd be nice to do so with some friends if possible ^_^

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Espa said:

I am stating in this fictional place, Chernarus,

Modeled directly after the CZ, man.

Also, if I am not mistaken, this is not the entire country but a section of it.

We have medical colleges of all sizes and shapes here in NY.

Not all doctors you get at the ER here graduated a place the size of Columbia.

In fact, many doctors study abroad where it's cheaper, in sometimes less modern facilities but still receive an accredited diploma.

22 minutes ago, Espa said:

This would be a situation never before witnessed or experienced.

Starkly differing cultures have clashed.

Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens shared Europe and Asia but Neanderthals became extinct not from clashing but from mega eruptions (deadly sulphur from the skyyyyyy).(*Many people have Neanderthal genes.)

Homo Sapiens were nomadic and escaped the fall out.

Ice Ages have pushed us to the very brink....

Leprosy, black death, potato famine.

Still none of these played out like you think they will, and saying zombies weren't there isn't valid really as starving and going extinct is still starving and going extinct.

Here's an example of true desperation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Leningrad

Some cannibalism occurred in this instance.

Dimitri Lazarev, a diarist during the worst moments in the Leningrad siege, recalls his daughter and niece reciting a terrifying nursery rhyme adapted from a pre-war song:

A dystrophic walked along
With a dull look
In a basket he carried a corpse's arse.
I'm having human flesh for lunch,
This piece will do!
Ugh, hungry sorrow!
And for supper, clearly
I'll need a little baby.
I'll take the neighbours',
Steal him out of his cradle.[66]

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

http://imgur.com/a/ghCsd [/img]

All leather clothes, vest, and backpack are dyed "black" with nails.  As you can see, black is actually shades of dark brown.  This actually works pretty well for camo though, I am very pleased with it.  I tried to dye some leather green with plant matter, but that was a no go at this time unfortunately.  I have a full stack of 8 tanned leather left from my experimenting, be happy to let someone have it who is in need or wants to play around with the leather crafting.  Currently I am north of Severograd, anyone in the area?

http://imgur.com/a/ghCsd[/img]

OK this image posting thing is kicking my ass.  Read the howto on it but still not working.  URL is what i am using, any pointers as to what I am doing wrong?

Edited by Pain Jack

Would someone mind linking me the Testers TS? :) I think I'd like to give some time to the DayZ Gods today, it'd be nice to do so with some friends if possible ^_^

It's a TS that Riddler keeps up for us, free to join for anybody involved in Experimental branch and stable too (separate channels).

You can simply search servers for the word "jungle" and you'll find "Welcome to the Jungle... DayZ..."

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com

• Like 3

It's a TS that Riddler keeps up for us, free to join for anybody involved in Experimental branch and stable too (separate channels).

You can simply search servers for the word "jungle" and you'll find "Welcome to the Jungle... DayZ..."

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com

Sweet! Thanks! I'll probably just be testing on EXP for now. If there's a 1PP server, I'll check that out with peeps ^_^

• Like 3

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

they have tall grass and ivy on buildings coming, that suggests its been several years after the outbreak

I would wait to see what the visual updated has in store for dating the environment and our players backstory.

As it stands now just going by the state of the roads there's huge inconsistencies, compare the dirt roads you can see the rocks and dirt in bottom of the ruts their entire length, weeds and grass would be bridging the gaps in a week of not being driven on. Look at the paved roads now, there's weeds popping tree feet high in the middle of trunk roads, that takes months or years after they stop repairing the seasonal cracks that form in the thin asphalt roads they use in lower traffic rural areas.

The houses and buildings as far as I know are placeholders from Arma that got weathered a little as a band aid when they added the interiors and the grass, dirt, and weeds inside are just because they were placed on a map never planning on seeing inside them

Also what Bio said, I live somewhere that looks a lot like this region of Chenarus and the fields, fence lines, and rural yards look they could have been occupied that day or left neglected for months/years, a lot of farm/country people don't care about neighbourhood lawn care competitions. Due to the legacy roads you can't guess when the occupants left based on the ruts.

• Like 2

@Hicks_206

I like thease frequent updates hicks!

This is how Early access should be, why haven't this been the case since 2013?

I mean, almost 1 year for two stable updates and now suddenly several EXP versions i matter of a few months?

Nvm, merry christmas