Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136770

U dont need to go  in tisy or medium military areas .... to be op  I am working to be stealth :D

So1TYgb.jpg

29 minutes ago, kataro said:

U dont need to go  in tisy or medium military areas .... to be op  I am working to be stealth :D

Ahh so you are the gillie head that killed me trying avoid you in Myskino Tents. I knew I should have shot first while I still had surprise, my mistake.

Edited by starvingart

How do you take screen shots in the game?  I have looked through the command menu and I don't see it anywhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pain Jack said:

How do you take screen shots in the game?  I have looked through the command menu and I don't see it anywhere.

Your default steam screenshot key, mine's f12, not sure if I changed it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pain Jack said:

It's not DayZ that takes the screen shot it's Steam and the default key for that is F12 but you can change it under "Settings" then "In-Game".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, starvingart said:

It's not DayZ that takes the screen shot it's Steam and the default key for that is F12 but you can change it under "Settings" then "In-Game".

Got it now, thank you!

Was freezing so I made a big fire...big fire..more wood..bigger fire...stand so close...big fire..freezing...freezing...freezing....Hmm and still freezing.

42 minutes ago, starvingart said:

Ahh so you are the gillie head that killed me trying avoid you in Myskino Tents. I knew I should have shot first while I still had surprise, my mistake.

No I am working to make a full gillie, running over  map in little cities looking for sacks ..  I have all nets :D

O0U8jfj.jpg

• Like 2

Confirmed rigged loot in Prison Island

-only police stuff very rare

-gp5 masks and prisoner clothes found

Dont go there there is not literally even military gear and its suicide mission.

Anyone know is it bug that there dont spawn anything military gear or just unfinished area?

Edited by jappegaming
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, McWendy said:

People with Augs, coyotes, alices.....

Do you know all server restarts or something? Or hopping is involved. I Never find stuff like that and i do travel the map and or heli routes.

What gives? ;)

You'll have to join us to learn our secrets.  Bring large propane bottles.

12 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Once Gary realized where he spawned he spammed apples and sprinted North and was in all of his original gear within 20 minutes! 

Not all of his original gear, mind you.  That motorcycle helmet didn't make it.  Yours got ruined AF too, if I remember correctly. While my leather hat remained pristine after at least four wolf-strafings.  Full-brimmed hats are OP.

4 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

Hopped on last night. Great job with the new melee weapon sounds. I've poked a lot of things with a lot of sticks, and that's definitely the sound I'd expect if I jabbed a zombie in the face with a stick. Tested sounds on lots of different surfaces as well, and they all sound really nice. Is still one hell of an impact effect, though, like I wouldn't expect to see debris to fly off a wall because I punched it, but I expect that'll be addressed by the new particle system which... I assume is a thing? I've not heard about it for a while now. Maybe I made it up in my head, I can't discount that possibility.

I only played with the splitting axe and the long stick, but both sounded pretty nice. Really anything would be an improvement over the original sounds, especially the body impact sound, but I'm really happy with these. The axe - body effect could sound a little meatier (literally) but then I suspect it'd sound like it was doing more damage than it actually was, which I suppose isn't ideal for audio-visual feedback and so on. Also keen to see if melee sounds are affected by the new audio update in terms of audio frequency... curve... things. Might we see new environmental sounds for .61, or is that more of a .62 thing? I know .62 is meant to be a cosmetic update so that'd make sense.

Hit a trashcan with a machete.  You will NOT be disappointed.

• Like 4

The footstep sounds got kinda weird after this patch.

When someone is running in front of me and I angle the camera so that I can see him on the side of my screen, I can hear the footsteps like he was right next to me, no depth at all.

Anyone else has got that problem as well?

Edited by Scutis

56 minutes ago, Scutis said:

The footstep sounds got kinda weird after this patch.

When someone is running in front of me and I angle the camera so that I can see him on the side of my screen, I can hear the footsteps like he was right next to me, no depth at all.

Anyone else has got that problem as well?

The volume of the facing "ear" should get louder for positional audio, it should be transparent though, they're probably dialling in the levels. Now that you mentioned it when I've tracked the elk and cows by sound they seem overly loud when they're off to one side.

• Like 2

Just gave someone one hell of a surprise.  I was standing in a shed near a crash site, tanning pelts from my last hunt (first place I found a barrel).  Had the door shut, and my pistol out and centered on the door.  There was an infected wandering around outside, and suddenly I heard footsteps run up to it, then a couple of "thunk"s from an axe, then foot steps approach the door.  I was willing the guy away but to no effect, he opened the door and got 5 rounds of 9 mm center mass.  I felt bad because he didn't get any warning, and may have been friendly, but I couldn't take the chance.  I had 2 deer pelts tanning at the time.  If that was one of you, my apologies.  Let me know and I will repay you with leather pants.

• Like 3

Theres so much guns in this version.in civilian buildings shotguns everywhere.reduce the amount of guns and appletrees

Anyone know when this patch will hit stable? I am really itching to get this patch on DayZRP.
On the RP server it will be possible to play the game without the KOS...

Heard a rumor... something about before x-mas... is that still the case? (Hoping hoping hoping... and wishing on a star, because when you wish upon a star... makes no difference who you are :-))

• Like 1

Why do people KoS in experimental? He had a silenced automatic rifle. I had a double-barrelled shotgun. He got the drop on me. He had no reason to kill me outright.

On stable? Sure, whatever, but on experimental it makes no sense. So salty right now. I just want to see a fancy new backpack.

EDIT

Another thing. Night really, really overstays its welcome. 20 minutes in I'm thinking "This is pretty sweet, I can go into areas heavily populated by zombies and loot with minimal risk of attracting their attention." 30 minutes in I'm thinking "I'm done looting now. Night must end soon, right?" 40 minutes "Aha, dawn! Wait, no." 50 minutes "Is the server bugged? Is night endless?" By the time dawn comes I've practically given up on ever seeing the sun again. I've become Vitamin D deficient. But it's okay! Dawn has finally come. I can finally see colour again! It's wonderful - aaaand it's gone. Not only does night seem too long, it appears to be about twice as long as day. Dawn and dusk blend together so seamlessly that I think the sun is still rising while it's setting.

I get that it's autumn in Chernarus, so the days are shorter. I get that maybe you want to show off the new lighting effects, but I hate playing in eternal darkness. I hate having to choose between having a washed-out screen for an hour, or a mostly pitch black screen for an hour. It isn't pleasant. I like night time, I like the function it serves, but I am so tired of it now. I'm hoping it's just an experimental thing. I'm hoping that the day/night ratio will be reversed for stable.

Edited by BeefBacon

If anyone is curious where all of the balaclavas and aviators are, they are in Sinistok on US SouthCentral 0-2.  Dozens and dozens.  And not clumped in any one room or building.  All over town.  You can thank me for the hot tip later.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

Why do people KoS in experimental? He had a silenced automatic rifle. I had a double-barrelled shotgun. He got the drop on me. He had no reason to kill me outright.

On stable? Sure, whatever, but on experimental it makes no sense. So salty right now. I just want to see a fancy new backpack.

Realistically, most people are playing it no different from stable.

I encountered delayed gunshot sounds during two killings on sight this last couple hours.

• Like 2

I had a chance to play for a few hours earlier.

We had a group of the usual suspects in Riddlers TS. emuthreat, GirthBrooks, IMT, Pook, MadHatter, and me *BeaohHaas, BeerHaus, BeeHouse, BeeHivez, Beetlejuice (apparently anything but BioHaze).

I ran until I hit Severograd and began looting.

After a while I heard cows and took one down solo. I then tracked the remaining cows until a horde of maniacs I call comrades descended upon my sleepy burg and commenced to slaughtering them.

During the tanning process Pook decided to track some deer which led him to wolves, which drew me into the woods where of course I found them....

Bumbling through directions to give my friends to find me I managed to keep the pack at bay long enough with an MP5 before they arrived.

Finally Pook came in with a Scorpion and finished them off, saving my sorry behind.

Back at the tanning house emuthreat gave me saline and replaced my hat with the wolf proof hand crafted leather cap.

During the Beefening part 2, Hatter had a momentary lapse of reason and killed IMT.

After a while he came back to TS and apologized, rather embarrassed.

I wish I had pics of the wolf encounter, it was super fucking hairy for me.

I may try to fraps some stuff going forward when I can remember....

A4t2Gbi.jpg

ldMQwFY.jpg

LEteLz8.jpg

VRPme9c.jpg

tBR6Nab.jpg

ygUfObd.jpg

8VYBEYS.jpg

T6d2wLi.jpg

9C8gwXy.jpg

• Like 1

I have to get something off my chest.

I don't like the damn wolves, I don't think they are realistic and they will always stay a buggy mess.

Developers should focus on the other aspects of DayZ, the elements that already work and make the game great.

I don't think it's atmospheric that EVERY trip to the Czech Republic or Chernarus means to encounter 10+ wolves that will never stop aggroing and can smell/chase you over kilometers of distance. Not to mention that manhunting wolves are rare anyway.

I don't mind them being dangerous or killing me, I just don't see how they fit in Chernarus when the whole game revolves around some realism and atmosphere and immersion and roleplay.

I can't roleplay encountering 30 wolves a day.

They need to be a rare encounter.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 1

my second wolf encounter just ended badly.i think that wolfs are quite good add-on on chernarus.i wish that they could add some script that wolf try to avoid larger group of players,examble three players.
but when you are alone...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

I have to get something off my chest.

I don't like the damn wolves, I don't think they are realistic and they will always stay a buggy mess.

Developers should focus on the other aspects of DayZ, the elements that already work and make the game great.

I don't think it's atmospheric that EVERY trip to the Czech Republic or Chernarus means to encounter 10+ wolves that will never stop aggroing and can smell/chase you over kilometers of distance. Not to mention that manhunting wolves are rare anyway.

I don't mind them being dangerous or killing me, I just don't see how they fit in Chernarus when the whole game revolves around some realism and atmosphere and immersion and roleplay.

I can't roleplay encountering 30 wolves a day.

They need to be a rare encounter.

I've played at least 20 times for 2 hour sessions with my friends since wolves have been added and we have never seen them in game , we mostly spawn and take the Sobors route to NW airfield and then back track throughout the northern highway ...

I'm starting to get annoyed cuz everyone is saying they are constantly seeing and hearing wolves while me and my buddies have been making that our goal on exp and keep failing :/ .

• Like 1

Hi there!

Is it a bad idea to let server owners have a choiche to keep the status thing on stable? ( I mean the square that show you temp, damage and so on)

Its just a thought i had.. I know the people that play on my server would love that

Best Regards

Irok