Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136770

My observations, so far:
- FPS show 40, but seems like 20FPS
- Items icons invisible in the gear
- When walking inside the buildings/houses, seems like we have a little of desync/lag
- Footsteps sound direction/proximity of zombies is kinda weird. Not sure if is the correct direction/proximity. (My headset is 7.1)

Edited by hams

19 minutes ago, Wili said:

Yes, Your health and blood will drop quite fast, some flames on screen and loud screams would help knowing you are burning other than "your face is melting" message.

and @koffeekage

No I didn't get any messages (at least that I noticed of). Just asking here before making any tickets about it. My blood definitely didn't drop as I was looking it closely as I needed to make fire because of hypothermia. I was around ~2000 blood and almost recovered from hypothermia.

4 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

and @koffeekage

No I didn't get any messages (at least that I noticed of). Just asking here before making any tickets about it. My blood definitely didn't drop as I was looking it closely as I needed to make fire because of hypothermia. I was around ~2000 blood and almost recovered from hypothermia.

Status bugged?

got my alice backpack, had the choice between camo and green !

161216092416503554.jpg

161216092420645425.jpg

40 slots, it's huge !

sadly i lost it to some random guy that didn't went down with 6 shots to the chest from my aug...

• Like 1

played 1.5 hours and noticed some lag and also my sounds somehow lagged.hitting with stoneknife at infected,there was no sound,same thing as making firewood with axe.
met two players and tried to speak to them but they was just silent.?...shy?
my character face turned black in middle of session.zombies are great,there are plenty and sounds are good.

nice update, so I tried crouching my way through a town past some zombies and it was really nice sneaking through town, until one spotted me, so I ran to a field, which was close by and i received my first whallop which was like WOW OW, that sound is loud, I knew i had been whalloped.

It was quite a surprise, I can't say I heard all the swipes but I knew i had been hit. The sound is loud and kinda nice, it gets one kinda worked up trying to either get away or fight back. The zombies kinda seem more dangerous or scary now.

I must say I had to take a couple screenshots because the game looks really nice when the sun is coming out and you're running through the countryside in a valley near some river.

I think if we can get some dust particles and debris flying around, the game is really going to feel immersive. Especially if it rains really hard and one cannot see a thing in front of you.

Have not played dayz in a long while but I've got a question about sound and bullet cracks. Been on my mind for a bit.

Does sound have travel time? You see the muzzle flash and you hear the shot after. (or explosion or any other loud event)

Does it work with bullet cracks? You hear the whizz/crack and then hear the shot.

Thank you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, franzuu said:

Have not played dayz in a long while but I've got a question about sound and bullet cracks. Been on my mind for a bit.

Does sound have travel time? You see the muzzle flash and you hear the shot after. (or explosion or any other loud event)

Does it work with bullet cracks? You hear the whizz/crack and then hear the shot.

Thank you!

indeed, bullets and sound travels on the speed like in real world (ok, bow arrows are to fast) but yes, at hte end it is an simulation of real world

• Like 1

SE of Stary Sobor I heard a dog like sound and looked to my left to see 2 wolves.

At first it was like they didn't know I was there and then moments after this pic they seemed to look in my direction.

I ran to a luckily situated nearby house and found they did not pursue.

pEfXNGq.jpg

Backpack icon showing darkened after a swap and damage not showing in icon or model, in game, or in inventory.

fgNUW1I.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, franzuu said:

Two exp. patches ago...

• Like 1

Met another silent player who shot me and i died quickly after that.started fresh but suffered lag,also sound lags.fps were in 50.log out and quey 16?

and gamesession ended some error.....in svetlogarsk policestation
https://postimg.org/image/ogqw3josj/

Edited by kopo79

5 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Met another silent player who shot me

Yeah.... GirthBrooks and I just died to a guy who we gave WAY too many chances to talk.

We spotted a smoker and some asshat started tailing us down to it. We tried to talk but he just kept wiggling and coming towards us. I wasn't sure if he was scared or aggressive but my patience was thin.

He found a couple bushes and started to pop out and fire. Brooks and I then opened up, I ran through my 18 rounds in my RAK fairly quickly (not sure I hit him at all really) and was hit with broken legs. I had recently picked up a Red-9 but totally forgot(!!!!) I had it as he ran up and shot me in the head.

I am dead.

Brooks tried to bring him down with the Mosin but when our adversary ran out of rounds it turned to melee and Brooks died. During the melee the guy tried to say that he told us to drop our guns!

I'm not surprised this happened and I won't KoS in response.

We'll get wiped Monday and all will be forgotten soon.

I'm more disappointed that I forgot I had the Red-9 than getting KoS'd.

And we DEFINITELY should of just opened fire when he didn't speak IMMEDIATELY. *sigh*

I'll start again later. Y∞L∞

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I had recently picked up a Red-9 but totally forgot(!!!!) I had it as he ran up and shot me in the head [. . .] I'm more disappointed that I forgot I had the Red-9 than getting KoS'd.

Haha, the other day I found a 20-round box of .357 and 3 rounds of .308 shortly after spawn. Maybe an hour later I saw a group of four players, ran off to find a gun, and come across a repeater and a Longhorn in a deerstand. Checked if the repeater was loaded, it wasn't, discarded it, took the Longhorn. 

After sniping one of them I checked my inventory, saw the box of .357 and had to run all the way back to get that repeater.

D'oh!

• Like 2

I'm sure they will dial in the backpacks soon.

Gonna hop on and try to do some PvP desynch testing today.   Had an interesting experience yesterday where three of us couldn't kill one guy, and I'm pretty sure that at least two SKS shots were righht where they should have been.  At least I looted his buddy's useful stuff in the confusion.

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

Two exp. patches ago...

That's interesting, running towards Staroye tents I had opposite experience, I heard an impact followed by Winchester sound from about 400m away. This was yesterday so 1 patch ago

6 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

That's interesting, running towards Staroye tents I had opposite experience, I heard an impact followed by Winchester sound from about 400m away. This was yesterday so 1 patch ago

There is the possibility of a ricochet. I also one time did a test and noticed impact effects from my gun delayed client side, in that case by approximately 1/3 second.

56 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Brooks tried to bring him down with the Mosin but when our adversary ran out of rounds it turned to melee and Brooks died. During the melee the guy tried to say that he told us to drop our guns!

And we DEFINITELY should of just opened fire when he didn't speak IMMEDIATELY. *sigh*

Could be worth testing out how VOIP performs at ranges. Might be that he did actually try talking and you just couldn't hear him. The devs have made tweaks to VOIP volume after all.

• Like 1

I had the brain disease the other night.  The laughing was only audible to other players within about 30 meters; for whatever that is worth.

26 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Could be worth testing out how VOIP performs at ranges. Might be that he did actually try talking and you just couldn't hear him. The devs have made tweaks to VOIP volume after all.

Yeah... you're correct.

This could have been the case though my gut says otherwise....

Alice is huge...

How do you repair health? Got hyperthermia and then hit by a wolf in the leg..

Still stuck at 1200 health even though my blood has been re filled for an hour or more.

Pack of Wolves dont howling,, now they attack when you dont expect , they  are silent killers for now  beware survivors  -_-

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Two exp. patches ago...

Seems like sound travel is instant and is not subject to distance? The order and existence of all of the events is of course dependent on network conditions.