Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136737

9 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Oh its been found, read the last thread yesterday. It is not common, but as rare as the other items. Remember today's build is much different then yesterdays. They need test results so i am guessing this is why most of the loot is removed?

There has been no removal or reduction of loot.

• Like 1

Found some coyote backpacks up at Tisy! And a bunch of wolves lol.

Apparently zombies are doing no damage as far as I have seen.

Also Tisy seems to be 40% weapon mags (mostly cmag/stanag/ak101), 40% clothing(usmc/gorka/coyote bags) and 5% weapons.  [just rough approximations]

Not sure if wolves are bugged or not. I saw a few running solo at Tisy and they just circled in place until you got close to them. 

Some of the buildings up there had absolutely no loot. 

=================================================

One of my buddies was running in the woods and got shot by someone somewhere near the Tisy compound. I swear he was unconscious for like 20 minutes lol. Then he got up and we got trapped in a barracks and got ambushed. RIP lol.

Edited by GH0ST_OP

just some thoughts on my experience so far:

- finding both weapons, magazines and ammo for those weapons is a real pain. It's kind of pointless carrying on if you can see a town has already been looted by other players before you. It takes away a bit of the thrill and the challenge.

- If players could be get geared up a bit quicker with arms and ammunition, I think the map would feel a lot more alive, as you would hear gun shots all over and it would certainly spice things up instead of running around aimlessly around the map only to die or find nothing or any players.

Is this going to be fixed? I mean if you run to a military base you would expect to find a lot more arms and ammunition lying around to be had for the taking. I remember running into one of the bases and all I could find was some basic med kits and jackets. No guns' or ammo, just nothing to create some excitement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

"As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!"   --As stated by Hicks, at the beginning of each and every new Exp discussion thread, created every single weekday for the past three weeks.

oh sorry we have differnt timings for days in europe.

facepalm.jpg

now rethink

Edited by HaseDesTodes

Just wanted to post a bug i've encountered. 

So long story short i was at Tisy military base with my buddy, and i was looting the barrack with the double door. Anyways i see the door open and in comes a guy guns blazing (i died ofc). The problem was how i saw the guy those 2 seconds before i died. I could only see his head ware, gun and vest. all other things were invisible/transparent. Buddy said he saw his clothes at his feet, folded like you find on loot spawn locations.

I've also seen this bug yesterday evening where i saw my buddy's shoes right  beside his legs on the ground, floating along with him, while he was running bare feet (he had them equipped). That happened right after he changed his shoes for the ones he found in a military tent. 

Sorry i dont have any pictures. Hope this helps. Its frustrating to play against a haunted chest vest and a gun. 

Ps. Wolves, like zombies do no damage. But you probably know that already. 

The ALICE Pack must be either incredibly rare, or it simply isn't spawning at the moment. More than 18 hours after the latest build release, there is no in-game screenshot anywhere. See "In Testing" (not Experimental) on Trello vs yesterday's changelog:

5Mmgd5r.jpg

ifPFAvc.jpg

Edited by ZomboCZ

1 hour ago, ZomboCZ said:

The ALICE Pack must be either incredibly rare, or it simply isn't spawning at the moment. More than 18 hours after the latest build release, there is no in-game screenshot anywhere. See "In Testing" (not Experimental) on Trello vs yesterday's changelog:

5Mmgd5r.jpg

ifPFAvc.jpg

Several people have Alice packs that I played with yesterday.

4 hours ago, Spazukker said:

- finding both weapons, magazines and ammo for those weapons is a real pain. It's kind of pointless carrying on if you can see a town has already been looted by other players before you. It takes away a bit of the thrill and the challenge.

- If players could be get geared up a bit quicker with arms and ammunition, I think the map would feel a lot more alive, as you would hear gun shots all over and it would certainly spice things up instead of running around aimlessly around the map only to die or find nothing or any players.

Is this going to be fixed? I mean if you run to a military base you would expect to find a lot more arms and ammunition lying around to be had for the taking. I remember running into one of the bases and all I could find was some basic med kits and jackets. No guns' or ammo, just nothing to create some excitement.

This is Dayz, not cawadooty. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spazukker said:

I find so many guns, even on full servers, that I literally get a bad case of "too many guns" and have to leave them behind in order to pick up useful loot. More guns and ammo would just mean that no one leaves the coast, because in their minds there is no reason to. Personally, I find it more exciting to hear gun shots when I am unarmed, and have to way of defending myself at range. Try looting every building, especially the ones that look like no one bothers to loot, that is where the guns are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

oh sorry we have differnt timings for days in europe.

now rethink

My bad.  I assumed you would stay up all night testing, like a normal person...

• Like 2

So I thought it would be interesting to see how hard the game would be without the apple spamming. I spawned in Berezino and decided to stay there. Found some useable stuff and when I got to red hungry I decided to plant some tomatoes and to wait for them to grow (less energy consumption). I also restricted myself to use the online map unless I found one in-game (because the in-game map is still bugged). The original contents of my cooking pot killed my plant so I needed fresh water from the well. But where is the well? I thought logically and saw the hospital and thought "hospitals need quite a bit of water so there might be one there". And yep, not far from the hospital there was the well, not sure if it's just placed randomly there or indeed with the same thoughts which I had. After eating the tomatoes I continued to loot a bit but got red hungry quite fast again so I needed to grow some tomatoes again but this time I kept looting because I acted immediately. Besides when looting I found a can of beanz so I got to yellow hungry again. After eating my tomatoes I continued and when I was in the old school building I suddenly heard footsteps and saw two survivors running in the middle of the streets. I decided to carry on my looting somewhere else in Berezino so I ran. Then I see a third person fighting some infected. I think he probably thought "oh shit" because I took my axe out and charged but instead I helped him kill the infected which he thanked me nicely for and we both continued. I went out of Berezino after killing some chicken and getting some pepper seeds and cooked it somewhere in the forest which led to some nice screenshots.

Wish you could hide all the HUD's which would make screenshotting easy and perfect. Any plans for this, @Hicks_206 (DayZ)?

After eating my chicken and peppers I went fishing because I was still not energized and still hungry. After fishing I finally got light green energized and started healing. Mission succeeded, only took me four hours and probably less if I went fishing earlier. But the loot situation is perfect at the moment. It is hard to get light green energized from just looting towns without spamming the apple trees so I suggest to only loot the towns until you have enough supplies gathered to hunt while canned goods and farmed goods will keep you from dying.

While fishing Starvingart met up with me and Emu came online at that moment as well. It seems that only one player can fish at a time across the whole map. @emuthreat did you already report this to the tracker or should I make a ticket? After meeting up with Emuthreat and MadHatter which also joined, Emu and me had great fun punching random objects. Still makes me laugh when I see the image of Emu running to all those objects and punching them or suddenly hear a sound only to look back over your shoulder and seeing Emu punching shit. At Krasnotav we switched servers to SouthCentral I believe because MadHatter found some bones and human steaks, unfortunately the people where already gone.

At Novy Lug we encountered some wolves and managed to fend them off. After cooking them we hunted down the cows which we saw and while the rest were cooking I was running to their position and I suddenly see someone to my left. I didn't know if it was someone of us or someone else. But it's pretty funny because we both looked at each other while continue running until he stopped and pointed his gun, at that point I knew he was hostile. As I only had a pistol with 6 rounds I decided to cowardly run to the rest. He shot once more but I think he then realized I wasn't alone and he booked it. We still were in a state of alert and while one was cooking we took overwatch positions and MadHatter saw 2 guys and shot 1 and broke his legs and finished him off. But both of them weren't the guy who tried to kill me. We let the surviving one live because I don't think he even had a gun and he surrendered.

After that I logged off to get some sleep. :)

Screenshots of me farming some peppers and cooking some chicken:

lS8IFwD.jpg

hKcYhvt.jpg

5 hours ago, GH0ST_OP said:

Found some coyote backpacks up at Tisy! And a bunch of wolves lol.

Apparently zombies are doing no damage as far as I have seen.

Also Tisy seems to be 40% weapon mags (mostly cmag/stanag/ak101), 40% clothing(usmc/gorka/coyote bags) and 5% weapons.  [just rough approximations]

Not sure if wolves are bugged or not. I saw a few running solo at Tisy and they just circled in place until you got close to them. 

Some of the buildings up there had absolutely no loot. 

=================================================

One of my buddies was running in the woods and got shot by someone somewhere near the Tisy compound. I swear he was unconscious for like 20 minutes lol. Then he got up and we got trapped in a barracks and got ambushed. RIP lol.

That means he had only the normal blood regeneration and not the full blood regeneration, it can indeed take a while to wake up. Staying light green energized and light green hydrated is really important. Especially the light green hydrated part.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

There has been no removal or reduction of loot.

OK that was freaky then, some buildings didn't have even sweaters or even sheds having a hoe, no axes, no weapons hardly at all.

this was on Northeast, but i did find 3 yellow protectors all in 3 different sheds around each other.

But glad you said that, i was wondering if loot was reduced after restart.

1 hour ago, KingOfTime said:

I find so many guns, even on full servers, that I literally get a bad case of "too many guns" and have to leave them behind in order to pick up useful loot. More guns and ammo would just mean that no one leaves the coast, because in their minds there is no reason to. Personally, I find it more exciting to hear gun shots when I am unarmed, and have to way of defending myself at range. Try looting every building, especially the ones that look like no one bothers to loot, that is where the guns are.

Maybe some of the servers have different loot spawn percentages than others? Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZomboCZ said:

5Mmgd5r.jpg

ifPFAvc.jpg

Yes i also did spend all my time while playing since the patch is out just to find the backpack, went over several military areas multiple times and no success. What i think is it either spawns at heli crashes or theres an issue with the spawn.

• Like 1

Well was not able to jump on last night... moving some things, hopefully tonight.

Server reboot?

• Like 1

@ShallowTech

Probably new Exp in 2-3hrs. 

Zombie/Wolf damage seems bugged, i doubt they'll leave it like that during the weekend. 

So No reason to gear up now. :) 

5 minutes ago, dallebull said:

@ShallowTech

Probably new Exp in 2-3hrs. 

Zombie/Wolf damage seems bugged, i doubt they'll leave it like that during the weekend. 

So No reason to gear up now. :) 

Well i must say with the reduced infected speed the out of sync issues we have been seeing with infected have been reduced.

Then they appeared to speed up again, but not in 10 groups like before. Slightly.

I still love how they can spawn anywhere close to town. I just want to have groups of pathing infected through the middle of the woods start to emerge out into the open.

So we need more carrot on the stick type incentives. More chickens? rabbits? ehhe

• Like 1

Any chance the issue with Track IR not working in the 64bit version being fixed before stable release?

Or will it even be part of the stable release.

There are a few tickets for this on the bug tracker, but I don't see any one assigned to the issue.

It's strange how one get addicted to using your head to look around.

• Like 1

Confirmed

Damaged Scopes Suffers from lack of precision, above 300m.

Weapons test

SVD dragunov, target 590m,  pristine scope zeroed 600 first shot, hit, damaged scope zeroed 600m , 3 shots , first 11h, second 8h, third 3h

B95 , target 480m, pristine scope zeroed 500m, first shot hit, damaged scope zeroed 500, 3 shots first 6h, second 4h, , third  9h.

winchester, target 775m, pristine scope zeroed 800m, first shot hit, damage scope zeroed 800m, first shot 12h, second 11h, third 6h.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boggle said:

Maybe some of the servers have different loot spawn percentages than others? Just a thought.

I suppose thats possible, however I am not a regular on any server I just pick one and go. So it would have to be that by chance I always pick one with a higher %, which I find to be unlikely.

6 minutes ago, KingOfTime said:

I suppose thats possible, however I am not a regular on any server I just pick one and go. So it would have to be that by chance I always pick one with a higher %, which I find to be unlikely.

It is the same build on all servers so I think that the loot spawns are probably the same, unless that is something they can modify on the fly or in the database.

6 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

-snip-

New update boss?

Edited by sneakydude

For those that play 99% dayz testing, free weekend under offtopic, something completely different. for 2 days only.

Enjoy

39 minutes ago, kataro said:

Confirmed

Damaged Scopes Suffers from lack of precision, above 300m.

Weapons test

SVD dragunov, target 590m,  pristine scope zeroed 600 first shot, hit, damaged scope zeroed 600m , 3 shots , first 11h, second 8h, third 3h

B95 , target 480m, pristine scope zeroed 500m, first shot hit, damaged scope zeroed 500, 3 shots first 6h, second 4h, , third  9h.

winchester, target 775m, pristine scope zeroed 800m, first shot hit, damage scope zeroed 800m, first shot 12h, second 11h, third 6h.

Pure speculation, but if this is true (and not to dismiss your research, but I'm not entirely convinced), maybe damaged scopes affect the dispersion modifier of the weapon they are attached to.  Should be possible to see if that's the case by digging into the game files.

• Like 1