Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136737

16 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

No damage from zombie hits for me.i hitted also some player on the leg about 5 times...no damage.he hit me with axe in head....suprise...im dead?

Hit him in the leg with what?

Only by fist...

tried again and taking damage from another player when hitting with fist.

Edited by kopo79

46 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

the comments section on facebook is super toxic, not sure if just trolls or if people just dont get it.

Fuck Facebook :-)

• Like 2

Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but is it possible this build is causing my CPU to run hotter than usual?  It's normally around 38C when not gaming, but twice this build, DayZ has crashed (once, taking my whole CPU down with it shortly thereafter); and I noticed when exiting DayZ or Alt-Tabbing out and checking my temp that its around 70C.  Normally when I'm playing it stays around the upper 50s.

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

I would assume the wipe with every patch is due to various tweaks to the CLE, and you don't want the data from previous patches interfering with the changes made with the current patch, as well as looking closely at how players are behaving as fresh spawns with the new spawn points. Is that anywhere near a correct assumption?

Would it be possible in the next SR to have a segment that summarizes of what kind of challenges/issues you've been dealing with with the .61 CLE (since the last SR) and what changes the dev team has observed in player behavior with the new spawn points that were either expected/unexpected?

Apologies if I missed any earlier statement about this since the last SR.

Edited by chambersenator
  • Like 1

I am finding there to be no damage being done by zombies at the moment. Don't know if anyone mentioned that so far.

@hicks  wolfs don´t do damage like zeds

EDIT: some of them do damage but not much

Edited by wasnu

Impact sounds have changed.  Poking random map elements with a stick has never been more fun!  Bullets eluded us for quite some time, so that might have influenced the relative awesomeness of poling things with a stick

Also, getting stoned on the beach is still very easy.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, djshauny1 said:

Will it hit stable this side of xmas or are we looking at 2017 now?

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

As for many of us mate can we please have one of the .61 builds to stable for around the Holidays. This way we can get more hype going and people playing.

I know i have a lot of friends who want to play but dont like wipes every 2 days. With a good. .61 build we may actually play again. 

Santa all i want for christmas is .611111 stable :) 

Happy holidays all! 

15 minutes ago, kataro said:

swords can down zed with one hit  0_O

Out of curiosity does anyone know what damage a ruined sword does?

Since the blade does not break in half at the moment, just as Mitch Hedberg said about broken elevators becoming stairs, a ruined sword just becomes a metal club (and if it did break, it would just be a shorter club).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chambersenator said:

Out of curiosity does anyone know what damage a ruined sword does?

Since the blade does not break in half at the moment, just as Mitch Hedberg said about broken elevators becoming stairs, a ruined sword just becomes a metal club (and if it did break, it would just be a shorter club).

IDK Boromir cut himself pretty good on a ruined sword.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but is it possible this build is causing my CPU to run hotter than usual?  It's normally around 38C when not gaming, but twice this build, DayZ has crashed (once, taking my whole CPU down with it shortly thereafter); and I noticed when exiting DayZ or Alt-Tabbing out and checking my temp that its around 70C.  Normally when I'm playing it stays around the upper 50s.

one word, get that down to 23C while idol, to 30ish.

Gaming should be around 39% tops with liquid cooling on a shitty i7 3770k cpu because they messed up with the shield.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

Loot is so scarce its great for survival only pve, but for pvp your going to dislike this build.

Sure i got 1 akm, couple boxes of ammo through town after town finding it. Taking what others gave, but mostly was forced to use a bow. Great damage on them.

Loot is so scarce even in NWAF.

I have 20 rags though, ton of feathers, improvised backpack i found at NWAF, and 1 pair of pants. I bet it got looted pretty hard up there.

Not sure you guys are going to be too happy with this build for KOS :)

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 3

@sneakydude: I don't think dynamic loot is implemented. Correct me if i'm wrong @Hicks_206 (DayZ)

And since everybody logs in, rushes to the military sites and clean em out within 30 mins of the update only the scraps is left.

I'we found best loot in kinda stupid places that few people go to, An unlooted Town is Amazing, multiple weapons and ammo/food. (The Prison should be nice, don't think anyone swims there, Ever.) 

And Dayz shouldn't be KOS. Go play Arma instead if that's what your into. 

In Dayz Capslock should be the panic button. not RMB... I can't event count how many times i'we startled someone and got shot, and i'm 100% Friendly if not fired upon. (I Miss the "Hero" skin from the mod tough...) 
"Hi! R u Frie.... *Bam* &%"#¤&"# Kiiiiiids" <- Me, All the time. 

Edited by dallebull
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dallebull said:

sneakydude: I don't think dynamic loot is implemented. Correct me if i'm wrong @Hicks_206 (DayZ)

And since everybody logs in, rushes to the military sites and clean em out within 30 mins of the update only the scraps is left.

I'we found best loot in kinda stupid places that few people go to, An unlooted Town is Amazing, multiple weapons and ammo/food. (The Prison should be nice, don't think anyone swims there, Ever.) 

I did a few builds ago and was disappointed.

• Like 1

I don't know for you, but two times i got punched by someone barehand, two times it was a direct uncouncious. Is something wrong with that or what ? That's just insanely annoying to be honest..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, akira123 said:

I don't know for you, but two times i got punched by someone barehand, two times it was a direct uncouncious. Is something wrong with that or what ? That's just insanely annoying to be honest..

Did they possible have brass knuckles?

It should be difficult to knock someone out with bare fist, no impossible but rare.

Well, the first one was a freshspawn like me. I came into his house and talked to him in vocal. He didn't noticed me coming into the house, he panicked when he heard my voice, turned toward me, and literaly one punched me unconscious. He was nice enough to wait near me and was very sorry of that accident :p

The second one was running toward me. He was just wearing gloves, as i've had plenty of time to look at him,  i tried to argue with, and seeing him "arming" his fist, i tried to run away, take my baseball bat, and fight him.

This time, i hitted him two time, but he one punched me to uncouncious, and killed me like that. I was full health & blood in these two cases. I just stopped playing today because of that sort of shit happening.

I didn't play 0.61 yet, did they manage to fix rangefinder bug? And are they as common as they used to be?

5 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I didn't play 0.61 yet, did they manage to fix rangefinder bug? And are they as common as they used to be?

yes and yes

• Like 1

I will probably jump on tonight and just do some farming, kill some zombies and craft some items :-) Find a location to setup a farm and shoot stuff.

• Like 1