Baty Alquawen

Let's talk about new animations

When your character is double-gunning primary weapons and for whatever reason they need another item in their hands (like a melee, food item, etc.), there needs to be an animation of your character dropping their primary gun from their hands to the ground.  The one animation I'd like to hopefully see in the game because the current one just makes you think you've placed it on your back.

• Like 2

My biggest peeves right now are when the character is near the corner of a building or door-frame, it's like my mouse sensitivity is suddenly 50x what it normally is. It's so jarring.
Not sure if the new player controller will fix that but I'm really looking forward to being able to stow/do stuff while moving or changing stances and just having the basic level of functionality we've come to expect from just about any FPS genre game.

are the lighning bolts going to add to global illumination with the same properties as current light sources? that would be epic.

I'd like everything that everyone already said AND animations for:

- getting shot in the leg (you should trip and fall down to the ground if walking or running etc, then limb)
- getting shot anywhere else (get shots in arm, you probably drop everything you got in your hands and cover the wound with your other hand).
- being able to jump in spot, while not running.
- movement in hills / steep grounds, you should not just walk in a straight line, but lean your body towards the ground and probably help supporting your weight with your hands and knees. Also implement a limitation for how long you are able to sprint.
- for looking in you backpack, or other pockets in your clothes/gear. You should not be able to check your backpack while running for your life while holding a gun in your hand, shooting, while looking behind you....

Stagger animation, played when a player or infected or even wolf sprints directly into you.  Doesn't completely lock you out of your control, but still pushes and stuns you from swinging a melee/etc.

Random death animations.  Killing a player shouldn't immediately make him go ragdoll unless it's a headshot, some deaths should be at first an animation and then a transition into a ragdoll (Miscreated has this.)  A few examples; Shotgun blast sending the player flying back a little backwards; player clinching his stomach and falling on his knees; etc.

Also flinching when shot, a good example of this in another game is SP The Last Of Us.

Edited by Mr_Joe
  • Like 2

On 16/12/2016 at 4:59 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Swinging your backpack to your front, kneeling down, opening the top, and peering in with blurred out vision around to check and manage ones inventory. 

This absolutely. Otherwise all you see is a closed backpack. Makes you think about where you place items - easy access in pockets, vests etc. Also reckon you shouldn't be able to hot key back pack items. That and the previously suggested separate pockets in trousers, vests etc. Would make the whole inventory system that much better...

• Like 1

I want to see a combination gun (drilling), doublebarrel shotgun with winchester or mosin amuniton.

This one comes with an insertable barrel which could be used to convert one of the shotgun barrels to lets say .357.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun#Drillings

DrillingEinstecklauf.jpg105078.jpg

drillingk.jpg

Specifications

Rifle Caliber: 6x70R, 6,5x57R, 6,5x65R, 7x57R, 7x65R, .308 Win., .30–06, .30R Blaser, 8x57IRS, 8x75RS, 9,3x74R

Shotgun Caliber: 12/70, 12/76 (only in steel action), 20/76  (steel shot proof “Lily” in combination with choke tubes)

Chokes: ½ – ¾

Standard barrel length: 55 cm (22")

Weight*: approx. 3.4 – 4.0 kg
*depending on barrel length, caliber and density of stock wood

M6 Aircrew Survival Weapon

M6_Survival_Rifle.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun

Edited by mrnic3

4 hours ago, mrnic3 said:

I want to see a combination gun (drilling), doublebarrel shotgun with winchester or mosin amuniton.

This one comes with an insertable barrel which could be used to convert one of the shotgun barrels to lets say .357.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun#Drillings

DrillingEinstecklauf.jpg105078.jpg

drillingk.jpg

Specifications

Rifle Caliber: 6x70R, 6,5x57R, 6,5x65R, 7x57R, 7x65R, .308 Win., .30–06, .30R Blaser, 8x57IRS, 8x75RS, 9,3x74R

Shotgun Caliber: 12/70, 12/76 (only in steel action), 20/76  (steel shot proof “Lily” in combination with choke tubes)

Chokes: ½ – ¾

Standard barrel length: 55 cm (22")

Weight*: approx. 3.4 – 4.0 kg
*depending on barrel length, caliber and density of stock wood

M6 Aircrew Survival Weapon

M6_Survival_Rifle.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun

Wrong section bro.

Pitching a tent. Definetely, and animations for building stuff in base building.