Baty Alquawen

Let's talk about new animations

jumping over fences solo

boosting other players up onto things

not dying from insignificant fall damage maybe like rolling as you hit the ground or whatever depending on distance

multiple combat stances like arma 3 

multiple prone and crawling type like arma 3 with urban prone and crawling sideways

Being able to look out and down windows prop up against window sill for stability

hitting with butt of gun mele without putting weapon away

Edited by huckjam

- waving one or both arms above the head

- a knocking animation (not punching) that could be done with the left hand without have to completely shoulder/drop your weapon. The weapon would be momentarily lowered, and would require a brief moment to bring it back up after the knock is complete. Not just for knocking on doors, but could be used on any surface you are next to and are looking at (floor/wall/tree/road/cooking pot/dumpster/etc) to create a sound for use in various forms of nonverbal communication between friendly players, or to attract/distract others.

- holding a weapon/item horizontally above your head when activating the 'surrender' animation when there is something in your hands (at that point, one could either double click that button to drop the item from the hands without lowering them, a single click would return the arms to the normal position)

Edited by chambersenator

• Injuries: Chipped leg (barely walking, maybe with a stick), broken leg (only one), arm injuries, etc)
  • Climbing trees
  • Playing guitar (pleaseee)
  • Low damage physical attacks (slaps, punches in stomach, etc) and torture for RP servers.
  • Military hand signals 
  • Suicide joking (like blowing your head with your hand in form of a pistol, hanging yourself)
  • Faking zombie movements (walk, run, etc)
  • Stop hand signal (for roadblocks)
  • Hostage grabbing from behind with pistol in head or knife
  • Like 2

hostage grabbing from behind is a great idea, i like the idea of slaps and stomach punches too.

i would add :

- bursting a locked door open with shoulders/kicks and melee (crowbar/axe etc..).

- little animation for fire mode selection

- feeding a magazine

- proper skinning animation

• Meele should be main focus imho.
  • When the player is just changing magazines, he doesn't cock the gun (it has a bullet in the chamber)
  • Chambering animations
  • Raising only one hand when holding a knife etc.
  • Definitely some climbing over walls at least.

1 - Better punching/stabbing animations, if theres one thing i like about that game H1Z1 is the punching animations

2 - Better animations for running up/down the hills

3 - Animation for when you are chambering a magazine with bullets, i dont think chambering mags should be instantaneous, doesnt have to be too realistic, but there must be a penalty for you to be carrying only 1 mag

4 - Jumping over walls, like the zombies does, Climbing high fences, etc

5 - Better jumping over fences animations/system

6 - Arma 3 combat stances ( or at least some of them )

7 - Animation for using the inventory, maybe something like crouching and putting the backpack in front of the character (like in the Crafting screen of The last of us)

8 - Animation for Grabbing items, looting

9 - Animation for Sewing, Cleaning the gun, Sharpening stuff, Lockpicking

10 - Being able to hit people with the buttstock of the gun and the bayonet

11 - Being able to Kick/Push people

12 - Drag unconscious / Dead Bodies

13 - Diving under water

14 - Better ladder climbing animations

15 - Feelling cold/sick animations

16 - Landing/Falling animations

17 - Being able to Whistle

18 - Injured animations (i know those are WIP)

19 - Animation for fire mode selection

20 - Being able to kick/burst doors

20 - Different animations to craft different stuff

21 - Going up/down stairs animations

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work guys!

Edited by redmontwheeler

Not wanting to steal @odin_lowe 's thunder but, an animation for when you flip a coupled magazine over to utilize the other 30 rounds rather than magically feeding the next mag worth ammo through.

The worm.

Swinging your backpack to your front, kneeling down, opening the top, and peering in with blurred out vision around to check and manage ones inventory.

Hand drill kit animations, and the need for many of them to actually create a fire...

I definitely want to see those bayonets back in and usable as mentioned by others, and I would also like to repeat the suggestion for a strike with the butt of a gun or rifle.

Animations for different speeds and styles of opening unlocked doors would be great. From a slow near silent maybe creaking door animation to full on kicking the door which would stagger infected and knock back/over players.

I would like to see different run animations for stamina and weight effects. Heavy players should move very differently than light players, and being winded should look different than regular walking.

• Like 4

Thanks @☣BioHaze☣ 

Definitely. I'm very optimistic that when chambering and reloading using mags or clips with the proper animations are implemented, this particular animation will make it in the game, finally.

Personally, I'd really like to see animations for when using the various fishing rods. A reeling animation using the telescopic one with the spinning reel. 

6sdtau.jpg

• Like 1

No ones suggested this yet.

Picking up items animation.

I'd really like DayZ to be on par with animations like The Last of Us.

I especially love punching in tlou

Edited by DannyDog

18 hours ago, dallebull said:

Bro, Squatting slavs with Tracksuits and Ak's. 

Do we really want that in Dayz? :P

I think it fits perfectly with Chernarus' supposed geographical location and culture. Vodka, cigarettes, sunflower seeds,  squat and AK. This is exactly the kind of roleplaying I'd like to be able to do.

im really looking forward to the newer infected animations, the player base was almost happy when the jumping over walls was introduced. Imagine when infected kick down unbarracaded doors and windows.

• Like 3

Exciting! I'd personally like to see some interactive environment actions, similar to The Devision. 

For example, while walking next to a wall/car, The hand closest to the object is raised to feel passed the object. I'm not sure what would be involved in doing this. Maybe even GTAV styled doors, when your character automatically pushes through an open door (one that opens the way you're walking). This could also open the opportunity to use a rifle barrel to pull/push the door open, or aiming (while in first person) with a pistol while  using another hand to open.

I might be a dreamer, however. Love your work. <3

• Like 2

Do "new particles" fall into the new animations topic. i seen new particles on trello and became curious.

• Like 1

Sneak. A sneak animation with little to no footstep noise.

Taking cover on corners or low barriers so your head doesn't poke up would also be extremely useful.

aid4443828-728px-Take-Cover-in-Grand-The

being able to knife , switch weapon on the move , jumping and climbing is a must being able to swim under water would be nice .

as far as zombies jumping no the pcp cranked up zeds are enough for most people IMO they need to slow down be stronger and hoard up atleast 10 - 15 in a hoard and actualy knock a player to the ground and start eating the player would be cool.

the eating animations could use some tweeking movement uphills could use some tweeks .

On ‎15‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 11:57 PM, dallebull said:

Bro, Squatting slavs with Tracksuits and Ak's. 

Do we really want that in Dayz? :P

We already have slavs, tracksuits and ak's. The only thing missing is squatting, so why the hell not? =))

• Like 2

Like freerider mentioned before. Animation for filling up magazines

Very sneaky and silent movement with very slow speed.

Pushing vehicle behind to help start engine.

• Like 4

Wow, so many answers!

Thank you for your amazing ideas guys! :)

And one more picture from MoCap for you.

W0qFN3E.jpg

• Like 4

Different clothing states!

Zipped (warmer) unzipped (cooler).

Hood up (warmer), hood down (cooler).

Layering of clothes!

• Like 4

Throwing animation, but this is more of a feature I guess. Honestly, I'd like to throw stuff at players sometimes. :D

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 4:45 PM, M3DiC said:

Sneak. A sneak animation with little to no footstep noise.

Taking cover on corners or low barriers so your head doesn't poke up would also be extremely useful.

aid4443828-728px-Take-Cover-in-Grand-The

Yeah! But without crosshair then, since you're not actually aiming down the sights.

• Like 1