sneakydude

Your .61 Experiences

I think you guys will like the .61 experiences, it is moving so fast, and most of the major problems are being squashed.

Expect a rough life.. but it is rather fun.

Now more then ever, you will have to watch your back and hide to avoid the wolves. Nasty beasts they are.

Trust no One, as your loot will be the prize!!!

God be with you, and Save yourselves :)

What where your experiences like?

I haven't seen a wolf yet. I spend a lot of my time in the Forrest. So, I will one day.

Out of all the players I have seen only one has killed me. Usally, if I catch them close to me and recognize via voice they seem friendly. I heard a few shots from time to time though. Food hasn't been to bad I start early game with apples, and some water. Then mid-ish game is chicken cooked in some shack in the middle of the woods off a dirt road somewhere. Most of the rest of the time is either watching for players, and looking for loot such as clothes to turn into rags for a rope, and burlap sack, and, of course, guns and ammo.

21 minutes ago, Declivever said:

I haven't seen a wolf yet. I spend a lot of my time in the Forrest. So, I will one day.

Out of all the players I have seen only one has killed me. Usally, if I catch them close to me and recognize via voice they seem friendly. I heard a few shots from time to time though. Food hasn't been to bad I start early game with apples, and some water. Then mid-ish game is chicken cooked in some shack in the middle of the woods off a dirt road somewhere. Most of the rest of the time is either watching for players, and looking for loot such as clothes to turn into rags for a rope, and burlap sack, and, of course, guns and ammo.

I've run into wolves twice now. Both by accident. First time I was looting in a secluded house in the woods when I hear them barking outside. Was able to pick them off by firing through the windows. Second time I was on the edge of a forest and I heard them howling some distance away. I could see them with binoculars, but decided to keep my distance. I could see they were coming in my general direction, but felt safe to assume they were far enough away. I was wrong. I entered a large open field and I could see they were running and howling now, with a couple of them coming straight for me. Knowing I couldn't outrun them I decided to stay put so my weapon sway would settle. I fought the pack off - I killed three or four of them, including the pack leader so the rest ran off. I used all of my ammunition - I actually killed the pack leader with my last round. I later died from blood loss and dehydration.

My only issue with the wolves is that they are super bullet spongey. It does make them hard as nails to deal with out in the open on your own though, and that's a lot of fun. I wish I'd recorded it.

Zombies are cool too. They're not a massive threat, but more than once I've been alerted to the presence of another player by zombie aggro. If you have to deal with several then you can end up taking a lot of damage, but they're pretty easy to get rid of by just shutting them inside a house. I'm looking forward to them being able to bash down doors - that'll change things up a bit.

Guns sound excellent. I've not fired very many of them, but the ones I've had a chance to use all sound really nice. Gunfire in the distance sounds incredible, and you seem to be able to hear it from a pretty considerable distance. 

All in all I've had a lot of fun with .61. I'm hoping that .62 will come around a little bit faster since it is, I've heard, a cosmetic update. New models and textures and so on, denser forests. I can't see that requiring extensive bug fixing, though I can see experimental being an important gauge for how it impacts framerates.

It's a step in the right direction, but its not that hard yet.  If you don't go looking for trouble you will not find much.

We will have to see where they set the Central Economy when it goes to stable.   But, it's still about infected numbers and how deadly they are, right now its not there.

Edit* with that said there will be many tears with next stable :)

Edited by Coheed_IV

1 hour ago, Declivever said:

Here is the approx spawn locations.

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-chernarus-plus-map/

will help you find them.

You will almost certainly find them at devils castle in the field. Where the house is with the parking.  Every time i come there i see the wolves.

Portable gas stoves are slightly too rare.  It is still impossible for two people to fish simultaneously anywhere on the map. Other than that, .61 is shaping up nicely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

It is still impossible for two people to fish simultaneously anywhere on the map.

What does that mean? I wasn't aware of any kind of a problem with that.

6 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

What does that mean? I wasn't aware of any kind of a problem with that.

Go find a buddy and try to fish together.  At any time that you both have a line in the water, any attempt to check either player's bait, will result in an error, with the message "I have moved and pulled the bait out of the water."

It has been like this since .59.  Only recently did I get around to confirming the range was well-outside the player bubble.  IMT was at Willow Lake and I was in the creek in the north-central area of Gvozdno, nearly 5km apart, and It was impossible for either of us to successfully check bait while the other had a line in the water.

• Like 2

i love this concept about survival game but really all this todays negative experiences...i have to quit to play whole dayz.
i know that it is just alpha but i dont have a time to test anymore because i cant really enjoy the coregame.
today i have just suffered few server crashes,spawn in rain but cannot put fireplace in furnace.status hungry and cannot skin chicken.
black face bug...map not working,cpr not working,and theres more....its just too much...
and i have to really say if someone consider to play this(like my co-worker)that consider deeply.if you like solve some problems,you can play but if you just wanna play
few hours good survival game,bugs will kill your experience.but i will spy the forums and whole development.
i hope that DEVS could tackle all the annoying bugs out of the builds and make the game what i have dreamed off many years.
good christmas to all survivors in there.

• Like 1

For hypothermia issues, I recommend carrying a working stove with a cooking pot. Heat up the pot and put it in your backpack, this will delay the temperature decrease until you make fire.

Is it just me or the zeds got seriously beefed up in some recent hotfix? They never resign if they're right on your tail (you have to break the LoS for them to give up), they see you crounching still from a considerable distance and they inflict bleeding very often.

Tonight, I was double carrying with a bow* through urban areas and I still went through like 20 rags, with 2 jackets ruined. I was actually happy to find an anti-stab vest.

* I strongly recommend the bow for the zeds; I can't even imagine shooting a zed in Novo with any gun; the bow actually works fine in this build;

For some time I was alone in a few small villages and it wasn't boring trying to loot them up. To avoid/kill/outmaneuver the zeds felt like a mini-game, like the police pursuit in NFS or that old game Commandos.

Do zeds inflict bone damage? If I recover to 5k health and blood, am I perfectly fine?

The experience is good right now. It's the most fun I had since the start of this project. Of course there's still much work to do but all in all it's the best state of the game so far. Met up with some friends visited a couple of mil. bases got involved in some pvp (that I lost miserably LUL) killed a lot of zombies and a lot of wolves. Died of hypothermia once. Been shot at lots of times got stuck in between some ladders got laughed at carrying some barrels around like an idiot LUL. The game is getting better.

I can't place fireplaces on chimneys on stable?????? I died from hyphotermia trying to ignite a fire inside a house with a chimney like I did a bazillion times before on experimental.

I made a garden plot...left packs of seeds and lime on the ground while working, along with some other stuff...logged off for ten minutes and came back to found absolutely nothing of what I had, not even the planted seeds...just the garden plot un-worked

I hadn't been reading anything about .61, so didn't know that zombies can sprint forever now.  that was death #1.

death #2 was hypothermia, which kills you almost as fast as bleeding out.  tried building a fire, and nope.  dead.

I'm on life #3 now.  early on I got a raincoat and a stick and a shit-ton of rags to stop all the bleeding, now that I know what the deal is.  found a scoped blaze and two stacks of .308.  looking for deer.

I'm getting tired of all this bland wolf meat.  They need to add spices to the game.  Wild garlic, perhaps?

• Like 1

Zombies are stronger which is a good thing, and they are all over the map. I've never been attacked by wolves, but the whole idea is pretty cool. I don't mind the new spawns, even though it does get a little boring going hours without any interaction, just searching for scraps in camps.

Overall this patch is the most broken one ever released to stable. Between getting stuck in door ways, pulling your gun out and getting jerked all over the place, frame drops, stuttering, game crashes, graphic glitches, at times i can't put my gun away during PVP due to player lag, players dying in 15 minutes after it rains(which doesn't make any sense), status indicators are broken, zombies hit you without swinging, some sounds are too low, no vehicles, ect..

I like the patch in a sense, but holy shit, so much shit is not working properly. I thought after 6 months working on a patch we would get something decent here.

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm getting tired of all this bland wolf meat.  They need to add spices to the game.  Wild garlic, perhaps?

Mate of mine tried to put green pepper seeds on his cooked chicken last night. I let him have his moment. He just started playing :)

The bow is nice and all but:

Bring back quivers

Stack of arrows need to be at least 10. Carrying sufficient arrows costs a lot of space. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Mate of mine tried to put green pepper seeds on his cooked chicken last night. I let him have his moment. He just started playing :)

The bow is nice and all but:

Bring back quivers

Stack of arrows need to be at least 10. Carrying sufficient arrows costs a lot of space. 

I agree quivers to hold 20 or 30 or more arrows

• Like 2