Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136700

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Status Reports have been very clear that 0.62 is a cosmetic update to Chernarus.

Thanks Hicks :) 

If it's at all possible to know, will Chernarus be 'growing' in .62 in terms of land mass? Or just different textures and addition of buildings? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Totally! Infact we even gave it its own name on Steam!

Arma

I'll be picking this one up tonight.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Just one thing, more... ammo plz civ ammo. Not a lot just a few extra boxes in my backpack on player spawn loadouts.

After all of the apples we've been eating we're lucky to spawn with clean underwear :)

• Like 4

The number of builds I see you commit at closing time show that you guys must have balls the size of grapefruit...

Just wanted to say thanks for pushing all these experimental builds out - it really makes me as a player feel connected to the development of the game, and as a former critic I can only humbly apologise if I've ever said anything that got under your skins. Top class stuff, guys!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mithrawndo said:

The number of builds I see you commit at closing time show that you guys must have balls the size of grapefruit...

They're probably always committing builds towards the end of the day.  It's just that now 0.61 is in Experimental we get to play along. :) It's indeed really interesting and engaging to witness the iteration from one day to the next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mithrawndo said:

Just wanted to say thanks for pushing all these experimental builds out - it really makes me as a player feel connected to the development of the game, and as a former critic I can only humbly apologise if I've ever said anything that got under your skins. Top class stuff, guys!

Not really - they are pushed to a branch literally called Unstable - and is hidden unless you know how to unlock it.

I've noticed that some EXP servers don't have weather. I mean the US 1pp, I've not seen it rain for quite a while, it thunders and lighting but not a drop of rain. Is this a deliberate server setting or is there an issue?

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Not really - they are pushed to a branch literally called Unstable - and is hidden unless you know how to unlock it.

Master, show us the way!!!

24 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No no its a name for a classic DayZ mod pack =P

what would? excuse my ignorance

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Master, show us the way!!!

I'm pretty sure he's just talking about flicking your steam beta pull down to to Unstable/Experimental - as if most people jumping on their really acknowledge what Experimental/Unstable means for a game that is early access and thus inherently experimental and unstable!

I stand by my assertion: Grapefruit balls.

• Like 1

Player Spawns Adjusted? Hmmm...Does that mean more more balota/cherno spawns?

6 minutes ago, Five_Seven_Clown said:

I've noticed that some EXP servers don't have weather. I mean the US 1pp, I've not seen it rain for quite a while, it thunders and lighting but not a drop of rain. Is this a deliberate server setting or is there an issue?

Its on random!

• Like 7

FA759E72E0C9DF0D59DE9223A20F2947820ACF25

Why do i listen to people, trains have the best loot..... i am stuck

Ill post this on the tracker, doors need to be on the other side. Knocks you back to the ground. Location 12857.17,6.08,9691.21 player spawn location on the coastal areas. Minor adjustments, replacement of cars doors to the left not right.

Edited by sneakydude

9 minutes ago, Moho said:

Player Spawns Adjusted? Hmmm...Does that mean more more balota/cherno spawns?

Nope

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Its on random!

Well, I've oft' said, "The sun always shines on me", maybe I don't need to carry around that waterproof jacket anymore.

6 minutes ago, Five_Seven_Clown said:

Well, I've oft' said, "The sun always shines on me", maybe I don't need to carry around that waterproof jacket anymore.

Well, if you drop it, you can be sure the hidden weather AI will detect it and make it pour down 5mins later :)

• Like 2

Regarding arrows and bolts... For me it seems like bolts and crossbows are quite rare (or I'm simply looking at the wrong places). What are your and the designers vision about it in a gameplay perspective? Should the crossbow be powerful and therefore its bolts a bit rare?

Ran a little around on the east coast and discovered a few things:

There are some problems with Z

• By night, you can walk behind them and hit them with an axe. If you miss, even if you are standing, they wont react at all. They don't seem to react to noise (but they do react to gunshots). 
  • To avoid being hit by them you can crawl, they wont hit you and run at you, and with the collision issue, they will push quite fast you trying to hit you (possible exploit to avoid a group of Z)
  • When ducking with an axe, you can hit with the axe but you wont be able to reach the head (intended ?)

I also met Mike Tyson , he knocked me unconscious with a single hit ( - 20 hp) while I was full HP and blood (intended ?)

See you :)

40 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

CTD mem leak, x64 client.

None here yet, did you alt tab to another screen? then back or switch servers? alt tab at any point?

1. Water purification tabs worked well for river water.

Edited by sneakydude

I know it isn't this specific build but I wanted to show this because there were some thought about the wolves.

Luc and I had a little infected-problem and at Pavlovo military base and after we dealt with that a pack of wolves prevented us to go to the next barrack. We quickly ran towards a building (Luc towards the hospital and I ran to one of the barracks). We starting shooting at the wolves but I had quite a good view on all of them and while shooting I enjoyed the show and saw some interesting things which I made some screenshots of. I saw them attack an infected which is nothing new. But after they killed it, they started to eat the infected. At some point a wolf even layed down on it's belly just chilling. The last thing is hard to see but the white one is clearly laying down and another wolf the one which was closest to the barracks on the first and second picture layed down as well but I was always to late with the screenshot. We managed to kill 3 or 4 wolves and then the rest of them fled, I think there were a total of 10 to 12 wolves.

qRZdi8T.jpg

6A264nF.jpg

fUkvzbT.jpg

• Like 1

Adjustment of Arrow/Bolt damage output

Was the damage reduced? 

Also a quick question about bows, are there plans to be able to draw an arrow and still be able to move around? Currently you just become static when you draw an arrow and although the buff to aiming has made them more viable, they aren't very viable in pvp situations. I'm sure more can be done when the new player controller is in, but just wanted to mention it.