Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136670

No such thing as bambi's anymore. a pistol in the pants still is able to kill a fully decked out guy with 4 weapons.....

Like i just head to the NWAF just to check the new buildings out, no sooner did i get there someone fully decked out just spray and prey all he could do, to win a fight. I couldn't even say friendly. I had 0 ammo.

But either way, i can snipe with the best of them too...:)

So there is no friendly anymore, or non kos it is get them or your dead. Hard to even say friendly anymore.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I updated the video drivers, but this is something else. Never seen this before, ever.

Still running the NVIDIA 373.06 on my 1080 (for Folding@home reasons) and DayZ has been running buttery smooth still.  Though, I don't think the devs have implemented into DayZ's engine that would require the driver to be tweaked to work with it.. Not yet anywho.  Can't wait until the devs bring in the character aging feature.   One of the small things I can't wait to see ingame.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

No such thing as bambi's anymore. a pistol in the pants still is able to kill a fully decked out guy with 4 weapons.....

Like i just head to the NWAF just to check the new buildings out, no sooner did i get there someone fully decked out just spray and prey all he could do, to win a fight. I couldn't even say friendly. I had 0 ammo.

But either way, i can snipe with the best of them too...:)

So there is no friendly anymore, or non kos it is get them or your dead. Hard to even say friendly anymore.

Fallen to the darkside, eh? xD

I've actually had quite a few kind social experiences with about 15 people in .61 Exp now - With about 7 others that took aim at me, whether or not they succeeded. 

I think groups generally are in their TS and don't care too much to speak to others they meet when they can just blast them. - Solos on the otherhand, far more likely to speak up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Espa said:

Fallen to the darkside, eh? xD

I've actually had quite a few kind social experiences with about 15 people in .61 Exp now - With about 7 others that took aim at me, whether or not they succeeded. 

I think groups generally are in their TS and don't care too much to speak to others they meet when they can just blast them. - Solos on the otherhand, far more likely to speak up. 

Well i love pvp, but i might just turn and snipe every sob in .61 i can find. Especially at the military zone hangouts. Feeling like king of the hill every patch. Rush to the military zones, loot up kill everyone rinse and repeat but forget about testing purposes.

Gawd i am a bitch at times :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Well i love pvp, but i might just turn and snipe every sob in .61 i can find. Especially at the military zone hangouts. Feeling like king of the hill every patch. Rush to the military zones, loot up kill everyone rinse and repeat but forget about testing purposes.

Gawd i am a bitch at times :)

Ehhhh, Military areas are basically saying, "I'm here to fight!" I don't count that as something further than just survival XD

It's the random freshies that have a shovel and kamikaze into me that I giggle at haha

I think i get why people were complaining about the knock out punch, just  had a guy hit me 2-3 times with his fists while i got in 2-3 with my axe. He won.... lol so put the axe away and just punch people from now on lmao

Edited by Thunkco

I kinda miss the way Exp builds used to be played by everyone.. never really had to worry about being KOS'd.  Now it seems you have to watch your back and go back to trusting no one.  lol.  

And these players without mics, COME ON, MAN!  Please get a mic...  please?  Pretty please?!   I still find myself pretty much avoiding anyone who does not use a mic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, antykain said:

I kinda miss the way Exp builds used to be played by everyone.. never really had to worry about being KOS'd.  Now it seems you have to watch your back and go back to trusting no one.  lol.  

And these players without mics, COME ON, MAN!  Please get a mic...  please?  Pretty please?!   I still find myself pretty much avoiding anyone who does not use a mic.

I forgot a bound it to caps lock, out of TS uses. Sometimes i had to use the text chat to look at my settings. But your right.. KOS is great on stable, keep it there all you want. On experimental, we need to test key things, not all on pvp. PVP is easy part, getting it to stable is the tough part for Christmas.

6 minutes ago, antykain said:

It will once they push this build to stable and the exp branch goes to a cluster of bugs for a few weeks lol.

Guys, I just want to remind those of you that are complaining about how people are reacting in experimental. 

Remember that DayZ is a hardcore survival game where murderers do exist. Bask in the unpleasantness that you feel when you're killed! It is DayZ! Bask in murdering others! It is DayZ! Bask in making friends and surviving! It is DayZ! Repeat in any order <3 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Espa said:

Guys, I just want to remind those of you that are complaining about how people are reacting in experimental. 

Remember that DayZ is a hardcore survival game where murderers do exist. Bask in the unpleasantness that you feel when you're killed! It is DayZ! Bask in murdering others! It is DayZ! Bask in making friends and surviving! It is DayZ! Repeat in any order <3 

I like your attitude.  :)

• Like 1

Played for a couple hours on 1pp until the 64-bit client crashed with a memory error.

Quite smooth.  No real problems except quite a bit of flickering/stuttering.  Nothing too distracting and I've experienced it before, but it seemed like there was more of it than I'm used to.

The zombies in this build are dumb.

Didn't have any issues with item condition/quantities desyncing.  Didn't run with or encounter any other players so I can't comment on whether or not item desync between players appears to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Thunkco said:

I think i get why people were complaining about the knock out punch, just  had a guy hit me 2-3 times with his fists while i got in 2-3 with my axe. He won.... lol so put the axe away and just punch people from now on lmao

Aim for above their right shoulder if you want to headshot them with an axe, unless something has changed axes hit a bit to the left.

I've had far more friendly than unfriendly encounters lately even had a no mic, no typing,  freshie communicate his friendliness with waves and putting down a morphine before he turned and ran away last night. I was right fresh too I so figured whatevs and rolled with it, it was nice.

Has anyone got stuck in the basement of the dark green house with a carport lean-to? I got shot last night and the only way I can explain it was I got shot from a glitcher in the basement. I got stuck in there myself the other day and waited for death with a pointy stick on a full server planning on testing that but informing my victim if it worked. 

38 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Has anyone got stuck in the basement of the dark green house with a carport lean-to?

It's been a while, but yeah.  I think the trick that worked for me to get out was to start walking towards an outer wall, pull my network cable, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.  Kind of evil, but desperate times, and all that.

Actually with the new 0.61 anti-desync code that may not even work anymore.  Curious now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

It's been a while, but yeah.  I think the trick that worked for me to get out was to start walking towards an outer wall, pull my network cable, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.  Kind of evil, but desperate times, and all that.

Actually with the new 0.61 anti-desync code that may not even work anymore.  Curious now.

No as far as I know the unplug the cable doesn't work anymore, that used to be how you got to spawn back in beside your truck instead of where you got in if a server reboot suprised you ;)

I was more curious if you can shoot from there, I was in one of those houses (not in the floor just in the house) last night looking at a helmet and heard footsteps in grass, I said "hello?", they paced back and forth once, then bang "you are dead". Where I was crouched I don't see how I could have not heard footsteps on the stairs, floor ,or got shot through the window. 

Edited by BCBasher

Fedback:

=/

- 25 damage per zombie is to low damage.

- Zombies cannot hear, see you. Not fun anymore at all. Zombies do not re-present any treath at all.

Edited by madmaxm
  • Like 1

I was more curious if you can shoot from there, I was in one of those houses (not in the floor just in the house) last night looking at a helmet and heard footsteps in grass, I said "hello?", they paced back and forth once, then bang "you are dead". Where I was crouched I don't see how I could have not heard footsteps on the stairs, floor ,or got shot through the window. 

In this exp. version I get ported around many times because I stuck somewhere... I thinke for the other player you stayed somewhere outside...

The weather and temperature works nearly great but to get warm again is too hard, you can find dry clothes but if you put them on they become wet and doesn't help you at all.

In the latest patch

-my game crashed many times  

-the zombies are blind now

-get ported, stretched and compressed

-and yes the people all play like they were playing on stable...

Trust nobody if they see a black drybag on your back you will never find a friendly player ;)

11 hours ago, Thunkco said:

Two words:  pointy stick.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, antykain said:

To be fair, I rarely voip right now bc it's so damn loud. I've come across a lot of friendlies but I usually leave after giving them some apples bc my ears just can't take it.

3 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Two words:  pointy stick.

Sure but that does seem like a weird and ultimately undesired solution. "My fireaxe puts me at a disadvantage against a bare-knuckle boxer in physical combat! Never worry my good sir try poking your aggressor with this stick."

To the original post though, if you did hit him with your fireaxe, he was likely bleeding. At that point just avoid getting hit and at some point he'll have to retreat to bandage. Still not a good solution but meh.

Edited by ebrim

24 minutes ago, ebrim said:

Sure but that does seem like a weird and ultimately undesired solution. "My fireaxe puts me at a disadvantage against a bare-knuckle boxer in physical combat! Never worry my good sir try poking your aggressor with this stick."

To the original post though, if you did hit him with your fireaxe, he was likely bleeding. At that point just avoid getting hit and at some point he'll have to retreat to bandage. Still not a good solution but meh.

I hit a guy in the head with axe, he was bleeding from the head, but didn't go down.  Then he one tapped me in the head with a bat.

Edited by funyun

Has anyone gotten TrackIR to work with x64?

The TrackIR jitter still happens, mostly while laying down and ADS.

Smell updates?

Ill leave this screenshot with you......

The last Knight .... Sir Sneakydude was on a pilgrimage to Castle Black in search for the long lost sword.

0C4B5767E35BFAC5BF7058ED813A013C9D7AA99C

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Going unconscious before your health is below 4000 and blood is below 3000

Just happened again.

The very last time i had a group looking for me. One blast to the arm or whatever, stayed up allowed me to run away, then falls unconscious before its time, way before its time. Posted in bug reports.

I was wondering why that guy with 5000x5000 fell and went unconscious with 1 .22 hit from my bullet.

Sure it was a chest hit i could see, with blood splatter.

It may have been unfair advantage with gun, the death seemed too short.

Shock damage can knock you out.

• Like 1