Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136670

Says i am healing, stuffed, bright green, and darkgreen havent seen heath move at all. Blood is slowly climbing up while running but health stuck. Bug or not enough healing powers?

7 minutes ago, huckjam said:

Why is everyone so interested in getting the apple trees fixed? If you use the apple search like its supposed to be used it takes 10 tries to find an apple some times which is not realistic at all in real life i could see and pick an apple off a tree in 2 seconds i wouldn't go searching around for 5 seconds each time and come back empty handed then have to eat 15 apples to start feeling not hungry. If they fix it thats great but they need to turn down the amount of apples needed to eat to get full. Same with searching for a stone it takes 10-15 tries to find a stone when im standing on a pile of them it drives me nuts.

The current apple tree/fruit bearing trees are only placeholders that don't work as intended. The spam lags the server and creates infinite product - Which eliminates the Energy/Water fear. 

They will eventually turn into a World Container that you hit TAB and can loot in that way. - But no idea when that will change. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Says i am healing, stuffed, bright green, and darkgreen havent seen heath move at all. Blood is slowly climbing up while running but health stuck. Bug or not enough healing powers?

health will grow when your blood is full on 5000.

you need to be light green energized and light green hydrate, not cold or wet to regain health

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Espa said:

The current apple tree/fruit bearing trees are only placeholders that don't work as intended. The spam lags the server and creates infinite product - Which eliminates the Energy/Water fear. 

They will eventually turn into a World Container that you hit TAB and can loot in that way. - But no idea when that will change. 

Oh I see yes that makes much more sense, like how a real apple tree would work. Thanks for the explanation i must've missed that.

• Like 1

i don't know if anyone mentioned this, but:

Infinite apples bug are not related to world container i think, it's a bug related on Animation System and it wont get fixed for this update, because that's a waste of time and resources.

i would like to have a confirmation on this thought :)

Played few hours and everything was nice but voip very loud and somehow positional was odd.then alt-tapped to check izurvive map.after some map researching game got some odd lag.every 5 seconds game and also sound just stops.closed dayz and restarted the game but it just hangs  dayz screen after queying.restarted pc but it just hangs and wont open.this happened x64 version.

EDIT:i can log in different server but not in dayz 2 de....after queing dayz screen just idle.

Edited by kopo79

Found the black face man again.

I picked a black dude just now got the black face, went to tab out then back in and got 0x0801f50 reference error 0fd0

E26CD54D8C9FE887103C0C4B10535D881C1E79F4

3rd person

BCFE7CC94E51D2EAFC74BDFE5AD4B9B6AD66A89B

Edited by sneakydude

X64 update feedback:

- No slutering, no cliping, no fps lag (expect for my own HDD and when i enter towns).

- Now uses 3.2Gb ram, which is awesome.

- No idea about GPU ram.

// Everthing high,, clouds disabled, shadows wery high. Fx 8370 - R9380x 4Gb.

Edit: Same critical error shows which i posted in this topic, when i exit the via ingame menu.

Edited by madmaxm

1 hour ago, jakon72 said:

I've just posted this to /r/dayz but I figured it would be better to post it here, so re-post...

Having the debug monitor in EXP makes it a lot easier to gather information, which is exactly what I did. Upon getting cold I noticed that my character's temperature would rapidly decrease (to be expected when you get cold... lol), but the status messages in the bottom left of the screen would say "I am slowly warming up". This just doesn't make any sense. Could it be caused by desync or is this just another bug? Either way it's a little scary knowing that DayZ could be telling me that I'm warming up but then suddenly become hypothermic without warning.

Remember the UI overlay they showed off several months ago that had small icons in the bottom right showing how your statuses are trending?  I suspect this (or something like it) is what will replace the messages in the bottom left.  However, the devs have stated that the icons won't be possible until after the new player controller is put in.

With that in mind, I suspect tuning the placeholder messages in the bottom left is not a priority.  Quite frankly I've pretty much learned to ignore them (unless I'm bleeding, or waiting for an action to complete).

You do raise an interesting point, though.  If they intend for the environment in 0.61 to be more harsh, and they will be removing the status window for Stable, then if you can only trust the status boxes in the inventory screen, you may not know of your condition soon enough to recover.  We'll need to rely on experience from past lives instead of in-game cues to make sure we stay healthy.

Edited by sanguine00

55 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

53 minutes ago, wasnu said:

health will grow when your blood is full on 5000.

you need to be light green energized and light green hydrate, not cold or wet to regain health

how it works as far as i have noticed:

energized (dark green), hydration doesn't matter afair -> +1 blood/update for blood lower than 5000

energized (dark green), hydration doesn't matter afair-> no healing for blood=5000

energized (bright green), hydrated bright or dark-> +3 blood/update for blood lower than 5000

energized (bright green), hydrated bright or dark-> +1 health/update for blood =5000 and health lower than 5000

i think update rate should be 1 sec without server lag

so that last one seems to be the only way to get you health back up

i havn't noticed any influence of temperature and wetness in this, but that don't mean that there is none.

although i hope that being wet doesn't matter, as this would be stupid.

Edited by HaseDesTodes

Yellow stuffed, Bright green hydrated, bright green engergized still stuck at 4865.00 health, healing and 5000 blood.

Played for a little while, maybe 30 minutes or so... spawned on the big island. I was on US Southwest 0-3 I believe. Anyway, I was running around looting and there were a lot of raincoats on the beach. Probably around 10-15 in one area on the beach with about 4 boats. Additionally the houses had many items. So I am not 100% sure on how the loot spawns work, can someone explain it to me. It just seems that it was a lot of loot for no one being on the island besides me. The spawns in the ruins were crazy too, came across one area with 2 pump shotguns and a mosin nagant

Edited by ShallowTech

6 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Infected alert state is very reduced - Aggro range / etc reduced

they seem mostly blind now

• Like 1

Pot, when it goes funny looking in your hand, usually means there is a memory error when you exit. It is best to close the game completely and try again.

Kiwi fruit, still shows up small once in awhile. Saw it one game big again thought it was fixed.

Edited by sneakydude

5 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Pot, when it goes funny looking in your hand, usually means there...

it usually means that I smoked to much!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Played for a little while, maybe 30 minutes or so... spawned on the big island. I was on US Southwest 0-3 I believe. Anyway, I was running around looting and there were a lot of raincoats on the beach. Probably around 10-15 in one area on the beach with about 4 boats. Additionally the houses had many items. So I am not 100% sure on how the loot spawns work, can someone explain it to me. It just seems that it was a lot of loot for no one being on the island besides me. The spawns in the ruins were crazy too, came across one area with 2 pump shotguns and a mosin nagant

Was this the prison island?

I just did a trip to prison island, takes a good amount of prep to get there and not die as there is no food on the island, item spawns were almost no existant inside the prison, the barracks buildings had some repeaters and mosin's. Overall not worth the trip. I found a dry bag so stored all my clothes in it and had the fireplace makings in it too for the trip over and back. Had a nice little gun battle west of kamenka after i got back too.

Just curious, but. . The Black-Head Bug. . That isn't like some precursor to Character Age, right? I notice it has only occurred when my character has lived quite some time. .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Espa said:

Just curious, but. . The Black-Head Bug. . That isn't like some precursor to Character Age, right? I notice it has only occurred when my character has lived quite some time. .

I have approx 1-2 hour life time. Started to run, then hit Inventory and all of a sudden saw a completely black object. I picked a black character for many reasons, but i do not know if it is related to the white character or not.

Then i tried to show you in the 2nd image, but it shows the same way as the first image. You just cant see it as nicely, in the dark. The only way to see it was to add gamma to the view, picture.

I am sorry but that was the best pic i could come up with. Then the game went crash on me only a second apart when i hit alt tab, publish steam pics, flipped back and it crashed.

It is still there, not common to me, as it was the first time.

• Like 1

I have approx 1-2 hour life time. Started to run, then hit Inventory and all of a sudden saw a completely black object. I picked a black character for many reasons, but i do not know if it is related to the white character or not.

Then i tried to show you in the 2nd image, but it shows the same way as the first image. You just cant see it as nicely, in the dark. The only way to see it was to add gamma to the view, picture.

I am sorry but that was the best pic i could come up with. Then the game went crash on me only a second apart when i hit alt tab, publish steam pics, flipped back and it crashed.

It is still there, not common to me, as it was the first time.

Yeah, I doubted it was linked to Character Age. . But I thought maybe this -might- be something related to getting facial hair or 'dirty' for females. But that's likely not it at all.

Probably something to do with the textures on the heads and some kind of overlapping with headgear or something. 

New issue, tonight i kept seeing people holding a weapon in their hands. On a few people.

Checked one of the bodies for the gun, and there was none.

So either it dropped on him, or someone else was shooting at me from a distance.

No weapon was on the body at all, yet it looked like he was firing at me.

5 minutes ago, Espa said:

Yeah, I doubted it was linked to Character Age. . But I thought maybe this -might- be something related to getting facial hair or 'dirty' for females. But that's likely not it at all.

Probably something to do with the textures on the heads and some kind of overlapping with headgear or something. 

Don't get me wrong, i can strip all of my clothing off and run bare assed across the map if nobody can see me in the dark :)

Don't get me wrong, i can strip all of my clothing off and run bare assed across the map if nobody can see me in the dark :)

Hahaha Just don't smile! xD 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Espa said:

Hahaha Just don't smile! xD 

LMAO, i won't.

I updated the video drivers, but this is something else. Never seen this before, ever.

Yes ill mess with graphics go to high high high. Right now its a mix of low, normal, and high. It was to give me 80-130fps in the wild.

btw x64 bit, and i still am no where near using over 2gb memory. I have 16gb, wanted to see if the load would be different for that.

Well, at least x64 seems to be a lot more stable for me now.  I was having a CTD every 10-15 mins with 0.61.136593.  The last two exp builds seem to have made x64 pretty stable on my end.. so far.  

/knockonwood

Really like how fluid DayZ is starting to feel..  far from the 'clunky' feeling from the past.  

@sneakydudeI was having the same issue with some of my mates I was running with, with weapons not showing up in their hands, or the wrong weapon showing in their hands if they were double-carrying.  And the rare occasion not being able to loot a dead players body.  You know, the player we killed who was KOS'n bambies and everyone else they came in contact with.  Not that, that has anything to do with it, but.. just saying.  :P