Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136670

Found an interesting thing yesterday, not sure if its a bug but after looting Kamenka i headed west to the small checkpoint with all the cars and tents right on the coast. First looted all the way through and found a decent amount of loot , what was strange was I left the checkpoint and came back 5 minutes later and all the same loot was there, but everything had changed to pristine and was standing on end. For example a Balacava was standing on its edge instead of laying on the ground. This applied to all loot everything was pristine and vertical. Kamenka has some weird loot  stuff happening too. Here is short clip before the server rebooted of quite a few weapons in the same spot. They were all like this last night also. Don't get me wrong I was like SWEET! but i doubt its intended to have a Mosin, Magnum, Red 9 and 3 repeaters in the same room. there were 3 houses in the area that seemed a little more loaded than they should be, I would have gotten them all but the server rebooted.

22 minutes ago, Espa said:

Wow, this is really impressive how many Fix-Patches keep coming through the Pipeline :D Really lovely to see and alleviates some worries, but I know you guys are pressing on hard! Thank you so much <3

One question @Hicks_206 (DayZ)! - Do you guys plan on addressing the Apple/Fruit tree bug in .61? Or will we have to wait until the impending World Container change? 

Hell yeah! Once this game goes beta and maybe full, people will be buying it again! Progression is key and it has been happening rapidly! It will be awesome to see the hair growth. That being said, scars or battle wounds would be awesome too! Maybe some benefit for surviving longer, better sneak vs. zombies or something like that! ;-)

• Like 1

will post in feedback, atm fixed sprain ankle. Sounds still there of pain.

-went away after puking, and getting max health again.

Edited by sneakydude

10 minutes ago, Thunkco said:

Found an interesting thing yesterday, not sure if its a bug but after looting Kamenka i headed west to the small checkpoint with all the cars and tents right on the coast. First looted all the way through and found a decent amount of loot , what was strange was I left the checkpoint and came back 5 minutes later and all the same loot was there, but everything had changed to pristine and was standing on end. For example a Balacava was standing on its edge instead of laying on the ground. This applied to all loot everything was pristine and vertical. Kamenka has some weird loot  stuff happening too. Here is short clip before the server rebooted of quite a few weapons in the same spot. They were all like this last night also. Don't get me wrong I was like SWEET! but i doubt its intended to have a Mosin, Magnum, Red 9 and 3 repeaters in the same room. there were 3 houses in the area that seemed a little more loaded than they should be, I would have gotten them all but the server rebooted.

Should be repaired was a disconnect dupe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Espa said:

I believe there was a way to hide your own body when you were killed, which resulted in people not being able to loot their 'just rewards' xD 

I don't think this is bad anyway. Unless you dig a grave, the body shouldn't disappear. More than that, dragging the body away to hide is way cooler in my mind haha

+1, Yes, much more realistic.

• Like 1

I plan on testing here in just a bit if anyone wants to play with ^_^ I'm a friendly player and generally don't stir up trouble with people, but I will kill people who threaten us xD

Things I want to look for:

• Black-Head Bug
  • Apple Trees/Fruit Trees
  • Making sure Trees give correct amount of wood/sticks, not infinite.
  • Checking if Statuses freeze up - If Hypothermia is still harsh, if Infected hit harder or same.
  • Any more others can think*
  • Like 1

Infected seem for a large part to be oblivious to their surroundings. Even when it was night I ran past a few within 2 meters distance to them and they never ever started to pursuit me.

One spotted me from about 15 meters away and started to chase me while I ran past other infected without any response from them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nl said:

Infected seem for a large part to be oblivious to their surroundings. Even when it was night I ran past a few within 2 meters distance to them and they never ever started to pursuit me.

One spotted me from about 15 meters away and started to chase me while I ran past other infected without any response from them.

Same was going to post on this, they are weak atm...

also is this a bug?

69F24787E3BD3CC0C921F64531A07C380CB984AB

body went poof after i let out the last shot, strong pulse.

If not this is for all the guys who where KOS'ed... more to come.!!!

4 minutes ago, mattew1 said:

Guys know whether before Christmas will be released the stable version?

I am not a betting man, but the way things are going i would not doubt it.

14 minutes ago, mattew1 said:

The goal was by Christmas... but we will see

14 minutes ago, mattew1 said:

Tis the plan say the Status Reports and every single day the Devs and their teams are pumping out new Fixes in a faster fashion than ever seen.

They said they wanted to get it out for Christmas, however without Cars. So .61 onto Stable without Cars, at the same time they would also be releasing .61 updates with Cars in Experimental. (I expect at that time they'll have people working on the environmental changes)

Going unconscious before your health is below 4000 and blood is below 3000

Just happened again.

The very last time i had a group looking for me. One blast to the arm or whatever, stayed up allowed me to run away, then falls unconscious before its time, way before its time. Posted in bug reports.

I was wondering why that guy with 5000x5000 fell and went unconscious with 1 .22 hit from my bullet.

Sure it was a chest hit i could see, with blood splatter.

It may have been unfair advantage with gun, the death seemed too short.

Edited by sneakydude

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) or other experts on dayz intell.

Will there be some sort of audio volume increase? 

Right now i have to slide my windows audio to 1 , start dayZ then when loaded slide it up to 100, and then i can hear the audio (barely)

I have this with no other game so its dayz related for sure. Ingame i cant increase and outside the game no increases possible.

I like loud volume :(

11 minutes ago, McWendy said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) or other experts on dayz intell.

Will there be some sort of audio volume increase? 

Right now i have to slide my windows audio to 1 , start dayZ then when loaded slide it up to 100, and then i can hear the audio (barely)

I have this with no other game so its dayz related for sure. Ingame i cant increase and outside the game no increases possible.

I like loud volume :(

Ok that is not normal. My audio is almost 0 to have TS talk over the game. Yet i can hear someone running to me 50m around.

Do check your audio settings, drivers, and check cables. Then verify the files, if not dump them completely and re download the game.

Wouldn't say that unless i felt you had an issue with audio, but majority of us find it too loud... Just now i heard a guy running up the hill like 50m+ and alerted me they are OTW>..

so you see? low audio? high volume in game.

21 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

-snip-

I've actually wondered if there's a percentage that heightens as your Health/Blood lowers that you can fall unconscious from damage. - Even the lowest chance of passing out from one bullet in the chest or gut, it might realistically be enough to force others unconscious.

If not, unconsciousness should only come after 1.5K Health/Blood >.<

3 minutes ago, Espa said:

I've actually wondered if there's a percentage that heightens as your Health/Blood lowers that you can fall unconscious from damage. - Even the lowest chance of passing out from one bullet in the chest or gut, it might realistically be enough to force others unconscious.

If not, unconsciousness should only come after 1.5K Health/Blood >.<

Exactly!!!  i figured the same thing.

Not saying i wasn't trying to die on purpose to test, but actually i wanted full 100 engagement to test bullet drop, sounds and test guns out and scopes.

B95, and .22 trumpet... btw i love that trumpet, its sweet.

No way 2 in a row high health above half blood falls continuously?

• Like 1

yeah infected are not argoing us at all.

not really seeing any desync around infected either.

US central server going nuts, desync...

Edited by sneakydude

I've just posted this to /r/dayz but I figured it would be better to post it here, so re-post...

Having the debug monitor in EXP makes it a lot easier to gather information, which is exactly what I did. Upon getting cold I noticed that my character's temperature would rapidly decrease (to be expected when you get cold... lol), but the status messages in the bottom left of the screen would say "I am slowly warming up". This just doesn't make any sense. Could it be caused by desync or is this just another bug? Either way it's a little scary knowing that DayZ could be telling me that I'm warming up but then suddenly become hypothermic without warning.

Edited by jakon72

36 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Yup everyone is getting those.

So far my game never crashed in 0.61 experimental. Since it's first came out, or the x64 version. Guess I'm lucky? (Total hours played in 0.61 would be around 20-25 hours.)

• Like 1

Why is everyone so interested in getting the apple trees fixed? If you use the apple search like its supposed to be used it takes 10 tries to find an apple some times which is not realistic at all in real life i could see and pick an apple off a tree in 2 seconds i wouldn't go searching around for 5 seconds each time and come back empty handed then have to eat 15 apples to start feeling not hungry. If they fix it thats great but they need to turn down the amount of apples needed to eat to get full. Same with searching for a stone it takes 10-15 tries to find a stone when im standing on a pile of them it drives me nuts.

5 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

So far my game never crashed in 0.61 experimental. Since it's first came out, or the x64 version. Guess I'm lucky? (Total hours played in 0.61 would be around 20-25 hours.)

crash or exit error?

play an bit dayz..log out from your server..press change server...tab out for some time...tab back to dayz and klick join to an server...

you will get this mem error

• Like 1